Terms of Service and Rules
A lot of message boards and communities have massive lists of rules for you to look through. We don't do that. Our main rule is simple: Use your common sense. Think before you post and treat others as you'd like to be treated.
In the instances when people overstep the line, Moderators will offer warnings and slaps on the wrist. Repeat offending or ignoring warnings will lead to temporary or permanent bans from the boards. In these instances, the decision of an Administrator is final.
With that said, there are a few basic things we would like to list and make absolutely clear:
- Be mindful of spoilers. When discussing games, TV shows, movies or any other medium either not yet out or recently released be considerate of others.
- Place spoiler content inside spoiler tags, or create specific spoiler threads for tag-free spoiler discussion. Remember that images and videos can easily be as much a spoiler as text, if not more - so please think about how you post them!
- As a general rule, we consider anything officially released by the creator of something to be fair game for open discussion. If Square Enix announces a certain character is returning in a new batch of screenshots released to the public, we consider discussion of that character's inclusion no longer a spoiler. A leak or surprise mid-game is still a spoiler.
- Think before you NSFW! We aren't putting a blanket ban on adult content, but please remember that people of all age groups visit Mognet Central, some of them on shared or public computers. Mark any content you might deem "not safe for work" as such. Straight up posting porn is not ok, though.
- Don't be a dick. It should go without saying, but don't be mean. Be smart. Treat others how you'd like to be treated. Intense discussion is fine, but abuse and bullying is not. Racism, sexism and other abuse will not be tolerated under any circumstances. Swearing is A-OK, but again, think about the words you're using and their context before posting.
- Color isn't always better. Please don't color the text of every word of every post you make as something other than the default. It's annoying.
- Signatures. Keep them manageable. If your signature is several times longer than any post you're making, you might want to rethink. This isn't something that'll land you in trouble, but we will politely ask you to size it down if we have to. Mods'll let you know if you're oversized.
That's it. Done! Play nice, folks.
Terms, Conditions & other Legal Talk
Mognet Central is part of the UFF Network, and is a message board intended to bring together the users of the Unofficial Final Fantasy Site, Nova Crystallis and RPG Site under one roof. Mognet Central & the UFF Network recognize the importance of protecting the privacy of all information provided by users of mognetcentral.com. We created the following policy guidelines with a fundamental respect for our users' right to privacy.
Mognet Central uses reasonable precautions to keep the personal information disclosed to us secure and to disclose such information only to responsible third parties after permission from the user. Mognet Central is not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of websites to which we may provide links or the websites of our affiliates or advertisers.Information Collected by Us
Mognet Central collects information about users during their registration and during their participation in certain activities on our website, including contests. When users request pages from our server, our Web server automatically collects some information about the users, including their IP addresses. These addresses are used by computers on the network to send the requested pages to users.
Mognet Central does not reveal any personal information that users provide to us to any third party without their permission.
Mognet Central uses users' IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website. We also use it to gather broad demographic information about our users in general. We may combine demographic information supplied by a subscriber at registration with site usage data to provide profiles, in aggregate form, about our users and their preferences in the content of the site and advertising. We may share this composite information with our advertisers to help them better understand our services, but Mognet Central does not give advertisers information about individual users.
Although Mognet Central does not specifically seek to obtain any information from children, there are certain areas of our website that children may visit. We urge children to only give us any information after they have discussed it with their parents.Advertising
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit. These companies may use information (not including your name, address email address, telephone number or other specifically sensitive information) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts ("Content"). Content submitted express the views of their author only.
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.
All Content you submit or upload may be reviewed by staff members. All Content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.
We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content submitted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service at any time.
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
These terms may be changed at any time without notice.
If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use this Service. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.