1080p Videos of FFXV's Walkthrough and Tech demo trailers.

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Now onto something positive: the lighting is simply beautiful. I think I've never seen better day/night transitions in a video game. And all the other light effects look just as amazing. And my God, that rainy night in Lucis :jawdrop:
I'd prefer if they used those blue-ish lights that were on the Versus XIII trailers.

Shin Kazama

Sphere Hunter
UFFSite Veteran
Oct 30, 2013
Obviously I know that the final game isn't going to be just running around aimlessly... Just pointing out that it was literally 15 minutes of running around doing absolutely nothing. That's a bit long for that. They could have gotten the point across in less time or threw in a couple of other "things that can be done" while running around the game's world to make it more interesting. That's all I'm saying. No big deal.

I still just don't care that much about graphics in videogames. Eye candy is nice and all but there are so many more important factors to my liking a game.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
Am I the only one who thinks this doesn't look better than AC? (at least not better than the Complete version). Maybe the CG scenes do, but the real time models still don't match the quality of those of movie.
Yea, I don't see it either. Maybe someone can do a comparison pic, with the highest quality of pics? ;)

To be on par with Advent Children's CG, we're probably still at least one generation away.

What the PS4 and Xbox One can do is still good, if developers really seek to push them and with a decent engine, but it's not there yet. But it hardly matters. Advent Children was a disappointing couple of hours for me anyway.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
To be on par with Advent Children's CG, we're probably still at least one generation away.

What the PS4 and Xbox One can do is still good, if developers really seek to push them and with a decent engine, but it's not there yet. But it hardly matters. Advent Children was a disappointing couple of hours for me anyway.
The game is 90%-95% (and posibly surpass it by time it is realease)on par with Advent Children CG+ this CG is playable !

Nov 8, 2014
ok i just noticed something. in the video I see lighting striking down from the sky and it touches the ground. so weather storms confirmed? remember Red Dead Redemption had storms, but lighting never zaped you. so what happens if it snows or its tornado season?

Nov 17, 2014
The views are stunning and the graphics generally look very good. The only bad thing I noticed is that vegetation in some places looks terrible. Like here:

Those clumps of grass look really pathetic. It looks much better in some other areas so it will likely be fixed in the final version.

Now onto something positive: the lighting is simply beautiful. I think I've never seen better day/night transitions in a video game. And all the other light effects look just as amazing. And my God, that rainy night in Lucis :jawdrop:

Damn.:chocowalk:
Am I the only one noticing that there's a floating grass in the pic? One is next to Noctis's left elbow. Notice the shrub's shadow not inclined to the shrub itself. Another is to the upper right of Noctis' head. It doesn't have a shadow at all. Check out this image where the 2nd one is clearly visible.

Notice the grass at the right side the screen. Here's another image when viewed from afar.

See it? It's on Noctis' head level to the right. Also, notice all the grasses near Noctis. Either the grass is straying from their shadow or it's the other way around. It's really fun spotting things like this, especially when no one sees them.

Last edited: