1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

2 new FFVIIR screens shown in Monaco

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by Storm, Feb 18, 2017.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

seems like the cover system of FFXV is returning

2. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Chocobo Knight

HOLY SHIT

[​IMG]

Tornak and Storm like this.
  3. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

nice catch!

this implies the game will use a similar system to FFXII, maybe?

Tornak likes this.
  4. Slaintimez

Slaintimez Chocobo Knight

O gawd, i want this in my life. Please be soon.

Also Maku write on twitter that UI is not final, and Nomura wanted to show video, but Square refuses. So i guess we have to wait for E3.

Storm and Tornak like this.
  5. Tornak

Tornak ShinRa SOLDIER

The cover system looks identical to that of XV's, although I'd bet that here it's only for, well, covering against enemy attacks.
    Possibly, although if that's the case, it'd most likely be much, much faster and KH-like. Maybe ATB works only for certain actions, like Magic? Can't wait for them to actually show the combat.

Also, Materia as a command? What do you guys make of that?

EDIT: oh, just read that about Square refusing a video. Fucking hell, I hope not, if you have something that can already be shown or hinted at, do it (unless the game is really that far away, in which case... well, don't make the same mistakes again, I guess). I really don't want to wait that long, though.

Storm likes this.
  6. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

the fact they refused to show is weird, since with FFXV they went crazy and revealed a lot of early material videos from the game; it gave the impression it would be their approach for the future as well.

7. Jubileus

Jubileus AVALANCHE Warrior

I think they learned from their mistake and are waiting until the game is closer to completion before revealing more info about it.

After all, by doing it this way, if they make any major adjustments and changes, the backlash won't be on the same scale as that for FFXV since people won't know about them to begin with.

The issue with FFXV was people already had a good grip on the early concepts for the game, so changes were way more difficult to handle.

Best wait for footage towards the end of the development cycle than to have them repeat the same mistake again I say.

8. SonOfEtro

SonOfEtro ShinRa SOLDIER

Wow, this looks intriguing. And they're actually showing footage! But tell me, what event is this from?

9. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

I´m still dissapointed that they´re stickying with command menus for combat, I´d have liked they went with XV´s "menuless" controls (with the command menus being used at most for performing something party related or using items).

EDIT:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EDIT 2: Some Stuff related to the Limit Breaks in the UI.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  10. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

This is like Versus XIII all over again.

LeonBlade likes this.
  11. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

MAGIC Monaco, in Italy

more details:

https://twitter.com/RedMakuzawa/status/832917686979948544

"Nomura says throwing grenades won't harm your party members in FFVII Remake like in FFXV."

another thing to notice in the image are the aoe circles (probably from the incoming missile attack)

edit:

[​IMG]

nomura in the event, truest noctis

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    SonOfEtro and Nova like this.
  12. Nova

Nova AVALANCHE Warrior

^ Like father like son indeed.

1475811512508.jpg

Storm likes this.
  13. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

14. Nova

Nova AVALANCHE Warrior

Nomura's a Roen fanboy anyway

Storm likes this.
  15. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Chocobo Knight

Nomura gained some weight. Is it from stress over managing too many projects?

16. Hey Everyone

Hey Everyone ShinRa SOLDIER

Well he's obviously waiting for the time he can make Versus XV guys, gotta dress the part right?
    Seriously though the combat for the FF7 Remake looks great, hopefully it comes out this year, and after the PS4 Version, we get a Steam version(I want to play it on Ultrawide 1440p

17. coffee-san

coffee-san Red Wings Commander

Nah, I'm pretty sure the game combat will flow 100% in real-time. ATB from my understanding is just for executing special attacks, fills as you land attacks.

ATB in VII remake might be akin to command style in KH0.2

Hey Everyone likes this.
  18. Jenova

Jenova ShinRa SOLDIER

Here are some better directfeed screenshots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Nova

Nova AVALANCHE Warrior

I know the UI isn't final but i hope they remove the "ATB" guage with the triangle overhead above Cloud, it looks obnoxious imo.

20. Ikkin

Ikkin ShinRa SOLDIER

Nomura has such weird ideas about UIs before reality interferes. Why in the world are the Command menu and the status display skewed to look like you're seeing them from the inside of an AR-augmented helmet? It's not like it's a first-person game. >_>;

I have no real doubt that this interface is going to be abandoned in favor of something less weird before release, so it doesn't matter much. It's just kind of amusing.

What I do find worrisome is that there's no real sign in either these screenshots or the KHIII one that efforts are being made to work around the obvious imperfections of UE4's stock effects. Even ignoring the blatantly sub-native resolution of the first shot and the lack of shadows on both of them, the stonework on the ground has the same overly-shiny, low-res look of stock UE4, and the level of geometric detail feels cross-gen.

I can't wait until they have enough people with Luminous experience to ditch the engine licensing strategy. UE4 just doesn't seem like a good fit for the FF/KH style*. =/

* And, yes, I know UE4 can be modified in whatever way a developer chooses, but Squenix seems to be using it as an excuse to avoid engine development work even when the stock solution isn't ideal. Given the various massively-undercooked states we saw XV in, I wouldn't be shocked if some of the things that looked stock were being worked on behind the scenes, but I'm not sure how much can be done about the poly-starved environments.

Nova likes this.
Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!