1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

2015: What do you think this year has been for video games?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Wazi the pa, Aug 29, 2015.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

?

What do think of 2015 for video games?

1. It's been an amazing year so far. I couldn't ask for any better.

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. It's disappointing.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I'm in the middle

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

We've reached the pinnacle point in the year where some of the hugely anticipated games are releasing and they're coming in hot!

I'll just list some of the big games that have been released and will release this year:

• MGSV: The Phantom Pain
    • Bloodborne
    • Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
    • Star Wars Battlefront
    • Dying Light
    • Mad Max
    • Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (3DS)
    • Ori & the Blind Forest
    • Xenoblade Chronicles X
    • Star Fox Zero
    • Super Mario Maker
    • Batman: Arkham Knight
    • Halo 5: Guardians
    • Just Cause 3

Apologies if I didn't put the games you'd hope to see on this list. These are only the ones I remembered from the top of my head.

I guess for me, I can safely say that 2015 for video games is easily the best year for this generation of video games SO FAR. It's made me forget about 2014 altogether so I can also say it's been one of the best years for video games.

Though, I know at least a handful of y'all will say it's one of the best years for video game announcements. FFVIIR, Yooka-Laylee, Shenmue 3 etc.

But seriously, this is the first time in a long time where I'm in the situation where so many awesome games have come out this year and I'm not able to get all of them. I'm still thinking of a way to obtain them!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
    Crystal Power likes this.
  2. coffee-san

coffee-san Red Wings Commander

It's been interesting, for sure.
    We've seen fandoms getting their favorite games remade (ex. FFVII, RE2), long-time series coming to a close (MGSV?), and games stuck in development hell make some significant progress towards completion (FFXV, KH3, when's Persona 5)
    Not only this, but I think we've been seeing a lot more interaction between devs and gamers (something I hope we continue to see more of)

3. Squirrel Emperor

Squirrel Emperor Nuts Staff Member Moderator

It's a good warm up for next year. 2016 seems to be the year where we'll start seeing a bunch of games that weren't being baked on 7th generation platforms first.

4. Sora96

Sora96 Sphere Hunter

It's been okay.

5. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

The fact that i am crying in the corner for not being able buy any of them yet (money:() means that this is a great year.

Crystal Power likes this.
  6. Infest

Infest Chocobo Knight

Pretty good year for gaming overall and way better than 2014 of course. Bloodborne and probably MGSV are likely to become instant classics for me.

It's by a large mile "THE" best year for game announcements. I can't think of any year that comes even close to 2015.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
    Wazi the pa likes this.
  7. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

It has been pretty good. Better than 2014 anyway.

8. AnGer-dono

AnGer-dono ShinRa SOLDIER

Hm... I've bought more old games than new games this year. So... no, just decent. The only game I care about for the rest of the year is Xeno X, makes up for a rather dull first half (though I still haven't played Life Is Strange and Pillars Of Eternity).

9. Crystal Power

Crystal Power ShinRa SOLDIER

It's been a very amazing year... for announcements!

In retrospect, many of the games I am most excited about won't release this year. Which are mainly the Japanese games. I'm not complaining though. :)

10. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

I think once Fallout 4 releases, some will say that this year has been more than just 'okay'.

11. Crystal Power

Crystal Power ShinRa SOLDIER

For me it's been exciting, thats for sure!

12. FootloosePhoenix

FootloosePhoenix Yevonite

It's been a memorable year for sure, but for me it's mostly being overshadowed by my anticipation for 2016. You know, considering that a little game called Final Fantasy XV is supposed to come out then. And also the new Ratchet and Clank, which I'm super pumped about, and (very likely) No Man's Sky. Those are basically the reasons I'm buying a PS4. And I don't know about the rest of you, but the North American release of Final Fantasy Explorers should be a pretty fun way to kick off next year in gaming. Nevertheless, I think 2015 is the year that "next-gen" really began to take off with releases like Bloodborne, The Witcher 3, The Phantom Pain and Fallout 4 coming up.

Honestly the only game I've bought from this year so far is Life is Strange (which is great, highly recommended) and aside from Dancing All Night later this month, it's going to stay that way. New games are just too expensive; Fallout 4 is going to be $80 on release just for the standard edition, so I have to REALLY want a game to shell out for it day one. Damn Canadian dollar. But I'm okay with playing catch-up on older games while waiting for prices to drop.

Oh, I keep forgetting that Persona 5 is supposed to drop before the end of 2015 as well. If it still does, I'll definitely buy it.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!