About the car (Final Fantasy XV)

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Still confused on one thing

I know for sure on PAX they said you could go "off-road" since they took the dirt path, but idk if they meant on freely steering on wide field as well or not.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Still confused on one thing

I know for sure on PAX they said you could go "off-road" since they took the dirt path, but idk if they meant on freely steering on wide field as well or not.
They said "if it's a road, you can drive on it"

The car is only for the road. I believe the only thing they did was remove the invisible barrier, so you might be able to go off exploring, but it will probably still try to steer you back into the road like the old builds. And you still won't be able to park anywhere.

And, of course, there's still absolutely no reason to take your car off-roading. That's what chocobos are for, and they are far superior.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
There is an option to pull over/"hop" out however.

Oh yeah, no question there.
Can you hop out at a non-parking space? What's the point of parking spaces then? Other than to just mark off a point of interest. Maybe that's it, I dunno.

Either way, you don't drive expensive luxury cars off-road.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Yes, just probably not off-road. They showed it in last year's PAX footage via driving.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Looking at the terrain design again, it honestly doesn't look off-road friendly for cars in the slightest.

I still don't understand why anyone ever gave a fucking shit about this when it makes no sense and offers no benefits at all.
GTA spoiled the mainstream audience.