Active Time Report 28th April 2015 (FFXV & Type-0 HD)

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Mar 23, 2015
If they could say during the ATR that they've got something in stock at E3 2015 for FFXV, that'll get the hype back on and I'll most likely stop pestering for more until then.
Omg you have no idea lol. Im just eagerly waiting for that Final Fantasy XV trailer to beat the craziness of E3 2013. Final Fantasy versus xiii being renamed and its trailer was perfect in so many ways. I just want something with a lot of new scenery if that makes sense. We've seen the imperial city, and Duscae of course, i wanna see another area or something like that. I also want word on another demo they kind of promised relating to the frog demo they said they'd release for everyone shortly after Episode Duscae launched.

Mar 23, 2015
Whatever they show, so long as there's "WOAH THAT'S WOAAAAH!!!" and "HOLY CRAP" and even "DAMN I NEED TO KNOW MORE" satisfying moments as well as hopefully something related to FFXV's release date or window, then that's when the hype for that game has gone beyond to that of E3 2013.

I believe I believe I believe.
I really want them to release during December, but i think the more obvious release date should be spring 2016. Then KH3 should be released spring of 2017 or if we're lucky late 2016.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
Yep really informative ATR! I'm glad that we have a much better understanding of the development progess and their PR schedule now.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Full blowout at Gamescom?

E3 with tight schedule with only one "short" trailer despite the fact that they have a whole conference now?

What are they planning?

Oh well, at least they are telling us this time. Silly guessing games are over. End of an era for us I guess.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
Interesting how they're going with releasing yet another demo with improvements made on the feedback received. Very similar to Type-0's initial development on the PSP. The dev team must have a ton of work on them already and the added pressure of open dialogue with the fans likely doesn't make it any easier. The feedback looked pretty polarizing regionally. It will be a tough battle to find that happy medium that can appeal to all gamers no matter the region they live in.

Interesting how they're going with releasing yet another demo with improvements made on the feedback received. Very similar to Type-0's initial development on the PSP. The dev team must have a ton of work on them already and the added pressure of open dialogue with the fans likely doesn't make it any easier. The feedback looked pretty polarizing regionally. It will be a tough battle to find that happy medium that can appeal to all gamers no matter the region they live in.
How was it polarizing? It seemed to follow very similar trends with slight variances. Impressions of the game seem to be on similar grounds when it comes to whether they'll inevitably buy the game.

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
I think we're putting too much thought on the 'short' E3 2015 trailer of FFXV. I'm gonna be optimistic and hope it's a trailer that will satisfy my need for FFXV at that time.
My options about the short trailer:
  • 1-2 mins plot teaser like the episode Duscae ending.
  • New visuals of the other locations (solheim, tenebrae,niflheim)+battles with new enemies/bosses.
  • Introduction of guest characters. (where the heck is my sexy:drool: Cor Leonis!)
  • Confirmation on the Stella-Lunafreya dillema.
  • Realese window.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
The feedback looked pretty polarizing regionally.
And yet the one metric that wasn't "polarizing" is the only one that matters, and that's if people will buy the game or not, a resounding percentage said they definitely WILL buy the game. It's not really that big of a deal if people have problems in different regions, it's all about understanding why people rated those areas the way they did and tackling the root of the problem.

The dev team must have a ton of work on them already and the added pressure of open dialogue with the fans likely doesn't make it any easier.
The development team doesn't have direct contact with the fans still, it's not like they need to listen to everyone's cries, it's simply hearing what the resounding number of fans are saying. For instance, the issues everyone had and reported on were givins to be changed. However, it makes these things much more obvious to the team that they are important, things like framerate vs resolution. This actually in many ways can make development of certain areas a lot easier when it comes to decision making. Where do we compromise on something so critical to the reaction of everyone that plays our game? Oh, wait, they already told us!

My options about the short trailer:
  • 1-2 mins plot teaser like the episode Duscae ending.
  • New visuals of the other locations (solheim, tenebrae,niflheim)+battles with new enemies/bosses.
  • Introduction of guest characters. (where the heck is my sexy:drool: Cor Leonis!)
  • Confirmation on the Stella-Lunafreya dillema.
  • Realese window.
Agree, this falls in line very much with what I believe will be shown. The XV trailer at E3 will be impactful but concise, meaning that they will show a trailer but not do much work to fully talk about the game, as they will be staging plans for global coverage for actual promotion beginning in August. This means that they will most likely use E3 as the turning point for XV's marketing in which they would announce a release window, as well as announcing the worldwide promotion coverage starting in Gamescom.

This is great news for XV, as it means that the game is finally reaching the finish line!

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
I think you all misunderstand. In terms of regions, which I did mention in my post, it was rather polarizing. Sure, everyone is looking forward to the game. In that regard, the game is fairly well-received and generally everyone is on the same page. However, in what people are expecting from the game, I believe Japan and West are on totally different wavelengths. Which makes sense due to obvious cultural differences. This isn't a detraction against the game itself. Just an observation I'm making in relation to the fan feedback across the globe.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I think you all misunderstand. In terms of regions, which I did mention in my post, it was rather polarizing. Sure, everyone is looking forward to the game. In that regard, the game is fairly well-received and generally everyone is on the same page. However, in what people are expecting from the game, I believe Japan and West are on totally different wavelengths. Which makes sense due to obvious cultural differences. This isn't a detraction against the game itself. Just an observation I'm making in relation to the fan feedback across the globe.
I guess, I think you'd need to be a little more specific for me to truly understand what you mean. I get it though, regardless.

I'm a bit surprised that Japan found the demo too hard, while the West found it too easy. If anything, I expected it the other way.
Ha, remember Mystic Quest? The game they made easy mode for the Western Audience to ease them into JRPGs? Now it's like the West are the ones that have become more skilled. I feel like there's something more to this... I don't believe that Japanese gamers truly thought it was difficult.

The last raid introduced in FFXIV "The Final Coil of Bahamut" was beaten first by a Japanese Free Company before anyone else, as well as a more difficult version of their previous raid "The Second Coil of Bahamut" known as "Savage" which is arguably in some ways harder than Final Coil according to those who have beat it.

That said, it would appear that there are plenty of Japanese gamers who appreciate a challenge and can handle tough games, so I wonder why so many of them thought it was difficult...? Especially when you can faceroll pretty much anything in XV once you are at a certain level, lol.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
My bad. It's a bad habit of mine to be vague at times.

If those survey results are to be trusted, we can already see that many people in the West have an expectation of a solid narrative coming from XV. While in the Japan such a thing seems irrelevant. Character design is also another issue the regions are divided on. BladeRunner also mentioned the differences in perceived difficulty among the regions as well. To me, it's clear Japan and the West are wanting completely different things from Final Fantasy XV. Yet, as we all know, there will only be one version of XV that can only cater to so many demographics before it is to the game's detriment a la bloating. We can only hope that the final product will still have the universal charm of the older titles instead of pandering to one party over the other in favor of fan service and/or sales.