Active Time Report June 4th 2015 (FFXV)

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
No sweat! I'd imagine once we get some more powerful foes cover will become more of a luxury. I can't see it being immensely effective against, say, a big fire spell or Titan's foot. Still, I agree that I don't necessarily love the dynamic that it establishes in the demo. Even just gating Armiger behind something besides MP would be a great way to make this less of a broken tactic.
Yes, I agree. Cover mechanic isn't exactly bad, just that more work needs to be put into it. Gating Armiger behind something else would make it much less viable, but still good for crucial moments when you need MP.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
To be fair, this game was announced far to early. All that we have known was mere concept for a game. And all that concept we had seen so far was not much to be honest, you could not even predict the games true plot at that point.

It is unfortunate that the concept of Stella and Noctis battling is gone, and the concept of the party meeting have been removed. But that was all concepts, even under Nomura's order all this may have had to be altered.

Kenshin_44

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Mar 18, 2015
I am kinda mad that they removed Stella because they could have kept Stella and give her Luna role in ffxv. But they must have a good reason for this but that awesome ff verses 13 trailer is to blame for being to awesome. It made people fall in love with both Noctis and Stella, so the hype between them was immense. I was excited to see Noctis and Stella confrontation in ffxv but that is just a fal cie fantasy right now.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
It's pretty loud and clear they want to get this game out as soon as possible and in order to do that, they're going to be axing and changing a ton of things. They're pretty much butchering up Nomura's original vision.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Holy fuck. Let this be a lesson to you all who say nothing has been changed from the Versus days.
While yes we can't no longer say that nothing has changed, we cant say what's changed between VersusXIII and XV when we know very little (minus what Tabata revealed) of what was suppose to be the former.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
It's pretty loud and clear they want to get this game out as soon as possible and in order to do that, they're going to be axing and changing a ton of things. They're pretty much butchering up Nomura's original vision.
I don't think that's the reason. I think it's because it's being treated just different product. No matter how much they talk about "preserving the original vision", things are going to change to fit a new script. XV looks pretty much something based on what already existed in early Versus XIII. I don't think time constraints have anything to do with changing a character to an already similar-looking one and changing her role.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
I don't think that's the reason. I think it's because it's being treated just different product. No matter how much they talk about "preserving the original vision", things are going to change to fit a new script. XV looks pretty much something based on what already existed in early Versus XIII. I don't think time constraints have anything to do with changing a character to an already similar-looking one and changing her role.
To clarify, I'm not just talking about axing Stella and replacing her with Luna. I'm talking about the project as a whole. The entire project has been nothing but a money sink. They're probably going to just write off the losses and start fresh. All these changes I've heard about sound like it boils down to just simply saving time and money. They're doing what they have to do in order to get things done.

Myrodis19

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 15, 2014
Westminster, Maryland
Maybe that's why Nomura left the project?
Im pretty sure from what we know he was made to leave. But come now. Give the game a chance, other then the info out there people really shouldnt have this much of an attachment to the game as is. We know/knew virtually nothing on it. Same with Stella, minus the one scene with her. People are acting like Square killed their girlfriends.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
How are we given the right to be upset about the butchery that is Nomura's vision if we know next to nothing of it?
I would imagine all the things we've learned about during the Versus XIII era were part of Nomura's original vision and some of those things have been changed and cut. That's probably why people are getting upset.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
I would imagine all the things we've learned about during the Versus XIII era were part of Nomura's original vision and some of those things have been changed and cut. That's probably why people are getting upset.
What makes me upset is the fact that people thing that those little things we knew about VERSUSXIII are the only elements Nomura had in his original vision, do you really thing that was all his vision ?

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
What makes me upset is the fact that people thing that those little things we knew about VERSUSXIII are the only elements Nomura had in his original vision, do you really thing that was all his vision ?
I don't think people really think that but I'm curious to know what your definition of "little" is. :)