1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Airship?

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy XV - Spoiler Discussion' started by ChrisB, Nov 29, 2016.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. ChrisB

ChrisB Yevonite

Is it true you have to complete the game first before you can get the airship?

2. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

Yes, you´ve to.

3. APZonerunner

APZonerunner Network Boss-man Staff Member Administrator Site Staff UFFSite Veteran

Yeah. The airship doesn't actually do too much. It's the mechanic by which they gateway the game's last ultimate challenge bosses, basically, you have to fly to reach 'em... and that's it.

4. DrBretto

DrBretto AVALANCHE Warrior

So, you can't fly it around?

Cause if you can't, then that sucks. But if you can, I'm not sure what else you're expecting it to do.

5. Nova

Nova AVALANCHE Warrior

You can.

6. DrBretto

OK, ty. AP had me worried there for a sec. But now, just confused, and that's fine! :p

7. ChrisB

ChrisB Yevonite

So basically it has no use In the actual game itself just the after game, that's annoying, but doesn't change my opinion of the game

8. DrBretto

I am still confused as to what this is even supposed to mean. It has a use. It flies. I don't think it was supposed to do a dance or anything. It flies, and you can use it to reach previously unreachable areas. Like any FF airship, it sounds like.

Edit: ooh, I think I get it. About the thing where you can't get it until the post-game.

9. APZonerunner

APZonerunner Network Boss-man Staff Member Administrator Site Staff UFFSite Veteran

You can fly it around the map and you can land on most (but not all) roads. The only real actual functionality it has, however, is that there's a few (very small) areas of the map that can't be accessed any other way than by flying to them, and there you'll find some hard post-game fights, basically. Because it comes not just after the story but after you've completed most of the side quests (as you have to do many of them to unlock it) it doesn't really have that much functionality, which is a little bit of a shame. It looks cool as fuck though.

LeonBlade likes this.
  10. Paperchampion23

Paperchampion23 PSICOM Soldier

What sucks is that the island off of Galdin Quay isn't accessible, i thought after all that teasing we were going to be able to land there when we got the airship...

11. DrBretto

Ahh, I gotcha. Yeah, that's a shame that it's not earlier when it might have been more useful, but with fast travel, I guess I can kinda get it.

But, I'm ok with it in that all I REALLY wanted to do was fly around and see the views. As long as that's in, I'm cool.

12. APZonerunner

The island has a story purpose and you're on it very briefly, but only in a cutscene.
    It's where Noctis wakes up after the timeskip

LeonBlade likes this.
Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!