1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

All about Dissida

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by Storm2356, Oct 5, 2013.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Storm2356

Storm2356 PSICOM Soldier

The same as my XIII topic, I didn't see a specific thread for it, so I thought I might make one myself. Again, anything in the games (Dissidia and Dissidia Duodecim) is up for discussion, but if it's a spoiler for the story, use the "Spoiler Content" button.

To kick things off, how about favorite playable characters? What makes them your favorite? What are your favorite attacks to use when you play as them?

I'm gonna go with Lightning, because I like XIII- *gunfire* -and I really, honestly have the most fun playing as her over some of the others. I like most of her abilities equally, but I guess my favorite would have to be Flourish of Steel because I like to use it for most of the time as my final HP attack.

2. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

The first Dissidia is better.
    I love playing as Cloud, Zidane, Golbez and Gabranth. Absolute beasts.
    The story is laughable though.

3. Storm2356

Storm2356 PSICOM Soldier

Why exactly do you think it's better? Just wondering.

4. Leon Aether

Leon Aether PSICOM Soldier

As far as I can remember Dissidia 012 included both a prequel (as a new story) and the story of the first game. They changed some stuff like visuals and they added a tiny world map.
    I loved the battle system and the fact that we could play with every main protagonist and villain of the series. I would like to see another game like it, though I doubt it.

As for the story, it was suprisingly very nice. Especially Golbez's story from IV was well written and I really loved it... Plus voice acting was astonishing for a handheld game and it really gave life to all characters from FFI to FFIX...

My favorites were always Zidane for his speedy attacks (that Grand Lethal), Terra (because mages are always my favorites), Cloud (for his Buster Sword Omnislashes), Squall and Lightning equally (just because using a gunblade makes me wanna scream). Lightning's paradigm abilites suprised me, I didn't expect to see them and I really found it enjoyable to shift during battle. I also liked Kain and and Cecil in his dark form (because who doesn't love Dragoon types?)

5. gaiages

gaiages :< Moderator Site Staff

I've only played the first game, and it was great. I loved playing as Zidane, and I think I got Squall pretty high in level, too. I never got anywhere close to 100%ing it, but it was still pretty great.

6. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

They nerfed some things in 012 and as a result, the game didn't feels as satisfactory for me. EX mode and burst nerfs were the biggest culprits.

7. APZonerunner

APZonerunner Network Boss-man Staff Member Administrator Site Staff UFFSite Veteran

After playing Persona 4 Arena, I wish Dissidia had been a regular fighting game in a sense. What's funny is I interviewed the guy who was the creative lead on it for the combat at E3 - he's working on Square's new game Murdered: Soul Suspect, which is interesting itself as that's a Square Enix Japan game being made by a Western studio with him, a Japanese staffer, in charge as Producer & Director. So a meeting of the cultures.

ANYWAY, he explained that when the idea for Dissidia was initially pitched within Square, it was a normal fighting game, and it gradually morphed over time into what it became.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!