AMA: Duscae Demo

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
May 26, 2014
  • I should note I got something a bit wrong in the podcast; so, the first 3 weapons are your basic combo. They come out in a context-sensitive manner rather than 1-2-3, for instance, the third is the one that's used for a killing blow, basically? The 4th is the one used for counter attacks, and the 5th is used for air attacks. So, my explanation was a bit out but was correct as far as how it feels to play, and I stand by what I said about the system having a tonne of potential. To answer your specific question: No, you can only use each weapon in your set-up once, though again in an ATR Tabata has indicated this might potentially change for the final game.
Cool, thanks for clearing this up.

And at least now I know to temper my expectations for the dialogue a bit.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
Perhaps, you're right. Would be odd to have them standing there and not be able to fight them I suppose. Just most vids seem to show them stopping just a little bit on the shore.
I'd say they prob come inland once the main story quest is completed, as it is affecting the local wildlife.
Would still like to hear from APZonerunner bout how far (if he tried) you can run into the lakes. :)
Unfortunately I was wrong. It's confiremd that the Catoblepas' are not fightable in the demo. :/

Nov 17, 2014
Thanks for reply. However, this was the video I was alluding to.
There is clearly an invisible wall stopping the party getting any closer (Tabata, confirmed we can not go the full way in in the demo).
It doesn't seem like you can get within striking distance (unless Ignis kicks a dagger at it XD)
I, too, wonder if you can target lock Catoblepas then do a warp strike. I don't care if I die in a single blow. I just want to know if it will retaliate.