1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Anime thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by hui43210, Sep 26, 2013.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Amicitia

Amicitia Balamb Garden Freshman

I've been trying to catch up to some anime since 2 years ago but I've been real slow. Let's see here... I'll just mention the ones I can remember from the top of my head that I liked the most!

Kuroko no Basket along with Free! were both enjoyable and entertaining sports anime and I can't wait for their second seasons. There's Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Durarara!! (still sad it didn't get a second season), err, the first arc of SAO (because the fairy arc was trash imo)and... Ah! The Magi: Labrynth of Magic manga is brilliant, though I haven't tried out the anime adaptation. I cried many many tears for Ano Hana, and there's also Psycho-Pass. Psycho-Pass had a lot of interesting ideas but it had an unsatisfying ending, so I'm looking forward to the next season.

I have to say the 2 series that I got really into the most recently were Fate/Zero and Attack On Titan. Caught up to the latter's story in the manga and it's currently one of my obsessions. I can't wait for the former's sequel remake too; I think it's widely known that the first Fate/Stay Night anime adaptation was at most can be described as mediocre, so I'm looking forward to Ufotable doing it justice.

Ehren likes this.
  2. hui43210

hui43210 Yevonite

I feel Erens deal is he's sick of being protected and wants to be free and independent. It seems Mikasa is a LOT stronger then he his(physically&mentally), and Eren wants to break free from depending on her, and being traped by the Titans. Mikasa on the other hand just wants whats best for Eren, and doesn't want him to die. Mikasa's desire to protect sometimes will conflict Eren's wants.

3. hui43210

hui43210 Yevonite

I'm probably the only one in the world who liked the 2nd arc as much as the first.

4. Phantasy MAGE

Phantasy MAGE Balamb Garden Freshman

I did too :3
    (Especially the light novel version)

5. Tsukiyomi

Tsukiyomi Red Wings Commander

Anyone see the Disgaea anime? How is it?

6. Ehren

Ehren The Sunflower Knight Moderator Site Staff

Uuuughhh, I need to see the Disgaea anime. I bet it's hilarious.

I also find Digimon to be quite enjoyable. They recently added the first two groups of Digidestined to Netflix in both English and Japanese, so I went a liiiiittle bit crazy watching it. TK and Kari are so adorable. <3

7. soup or mann

soup or mann Red Wings Commander UFFSite Veteran

Been re-watching Initial D lately.

8. hui43210

hui43210 Yevonite

so with the first season of AOT over, and no timeframe for the second season that I'm aware of, I decided to follow the manga.... I've only read two chapters so far, and my mind is already blown. there is a new variable into the mix and honestly, its appearance made me laugh for several minutes. it's so messed up, I have absolutely no idea how people will react when they see this part in the anime for the first time.

Amicitia likes this.
  9. soup or mann

soup or mann Red Wings Commander UFFSite Veteran

For whatever terrible reason, I haven't started watching Attack on Titan. I really need to, though.

10. Tsukiyomi

Anyone got some non shonen anime to reccomend? I'm waiting for Soul Eater Not! to return in Novemember now that Soul Eater ended, which made me sad, would be great if they pulled a FMA: Brotherhood and adapted the manga into a "season 2"

11. Casval

Casval Yevonite

Monster and Cowboy Bebop, if you haven't watched them already. Shōnen encompasses a lot of (popular) anime, and to this day I'm not entirely sure which shows fall into that category...

12. Tsukiyomi

I've seen Cowboy Bebop thanks to Adult Swim. DIdn't see Monster though.

Let me rephrase: I meant anything that tries to avoid the typical shonen stuff, I think there is a catagory called Seinen for manga where the more mature stuff are, I think Shiki falls into that catagory.

13. Casval

Casval Yevonite

Thanks for your response, Tsukiyomi. So, any show that relies on your average shōnen tropes, then? I haven't heard of Shiki before. Anyway, I would give Monster a try. Engaging, haunting, superb.

5 Centimeters Per Second is also a good one. I have trouble recalling anime that have stuck with me, such as FMA: Brotherhood and Code Geass (and Free!). Hope you find something enjoyable!

14. Ehren

Ehren The Sunflower Knight Moderator Site Staff

I think the last anime I watched was... Hetalia World Series? Pretty cute, although they abandoned the theme song I liked from Axis Powers. I'm gonna give Digimon a re-watch soon, and I think it might be time to watch Chrono Crusade again.

15. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

IMO, that was a pretty damn good season for AoT. I'm pretty confident they'll go with a second season, but I'm trying to keep myself from reading too far into the manga. With one chapter coming out a month, though...I don't know. But if you're talking about what I think you're talking about, yeah...that was a weird "twist."
    Kind of felt awkward to me, but then again I find a lot about the manga strange that I feel the anime smoothes out.

16. Dollow

Dollow Yevonite

If there is anime I like that would tell others to watch it would be Last Exile from Gonzo, Its a streampunk show with a mystery of something called "Exile" that most of the cast is chasing after. Its a really good show and one I tell even non anime fans to watch.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
    Casval likes this.
  17. Amicitia

Amicitia Balamb Garden Freshman

I can't believe I forgot to mention this, but I thoroughly enjoyed Chihayafuru.

18. Caius

Caius PSICOM Soldier

I've been watching AoT (Gonna start the manga soon), and now I'm slowly watching Death Note, and I'm going to start Soul Eater soon. I've also been rewatching Mawaru Penguindrum and Code Geass almost obsessively. Both are so good ;;.

19. Tsukiyomi

Let me explain a bit about Shiki to see if it interests some of you.

It's a horror/mystery (Early episodes are more mystery, then supernatural, then horror) There are alot of characters, the 2 main ones are a Doctor trying to figure out what's causing the sudden illness and death of the residents of the town, and a student that starts to think the people that died aren't really dead.

Best summary I can give without spoiling, sorry if it's a bit vague. It has SUPERB voice acting, and the story goes in a way you would never expect. Plus some of the hairstyles the characters have are beyond ridiculous.

Caius likes this.
  20. Caius

Caius PSICOM Soldier

I'm adding this to the list of things to watch, honestly. Does this have a lot of gore in it? I don't watch horror, like ever, and I'm not sure how much gore is in a typical horror anime i suppose?

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!