Anyone play the Shadow Hearts series on the PS2?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Did you play the Shadow Hearts games?

• Yes

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I like trains

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
Shadow Hearts II is called Shadow Hearts: Covenant in the West.

Shadow Hearts: From the New World is the only name for the third game. It's not called Shadow Hearts III because it features a different cast and story.
Fantastic, thanks very much. I've seen but never gotten a chance to play the first two, then, and have only been acquainted with the third. Which I never completed, actually, due to the fact that when I owned it I still lived with my siblings and they liked to delete memory card data.

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
Your siblings are evil.
Why yes, yes they are. This was also the reason it took me over 8 years to get to the second disc of Star Ocean: Till The End of Time, and why kept finding myself back at the beginning of both ICO and Shadow of the Colossus. Now, as an adult, nobody is allowed to touch my memory cards. I keep them in a leather string-tied box in my room, and only remove them when I want to use my PS2 or Gamecube.

AuroraXIII

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 26, 2013
New Zealand
This was also the reason it took me over 8 years to get to the second disc of Star Ocean: Till The End of Time, and why kept finding myself back at the beginning of both ICO and Shadow of the Colossus.
I've never completed ICO to this day. I think I broke the game. There's an area where you're supposed to jump back the way you came, but I could never make it no matter how times I tried. Fall to my death every time.

Last edited:

Varnis

Balamb Garden Freshman
Oct 9, 2013
Australia
I played a little bit of Shadow Hearts: From the New World, although just recently I've tracked down copies of Shadow Hearts and Shadow Hearts: Covenant and I hope to get to play them very soon.

Slayn Bacon

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Oct 16, 2013
I got to like the second to last dungeon in the first shadow hearts and the final dungeon in shadow hearts:covenant (I have a problem with beating games :( )

Anyway great games I really love them. The second one was way more about humor but it was good at that.

Keriaku

Balamb Garden Freshman
Oct 26, 2013
Shadow Hearts was one of my favourite games growing up, really need to get through it again. Unfortunately I find it really hard to sit down with older JRPGs these days since they are mechanically slower. I also own every other game in the franchise, but haven't beaten any of the others. Which is unfortunate since from what I hear the story in SH2 is a really interesting continuation of the first. And I've tried to get through Koudelka multiple times, I just have not been successful. I would absolutely love a new SH with the darker feel of Koudelka and SH. There should be more survival horror-esque JRPGs out there.

Tani

Yevonite
Oct 25, 2013
India
www.facebook.com
Yes i have but sadly i have only played the third one From The New World, i really liked it and would love to play the other 2 games. BTW i always liked the cover of the second game (Major reason why i want to play that game). But From The New World is among the early RPGs that i have played and back then the (Shania's) fusions were a big deal for me xD

kamikki

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 18, 2013
Finland
Shadow Heart: Covenant is my favorite PS2 era RPG, and one of my favorite games ever. I bought kind of by accident, just looked like a cool RPG and decided to give it a shot. At first I didn't like it at all, but one or two years later I decided to give it another shot and started loving it. Then I got the first one and also liked it a lot although it is very rough graphics wise. From the New World, I have it but never finished it, it's just not the same, I really can't get into the setting/story/characters like the previous two..

But the first two, such marvelous OST's, Old Smudged Map is probably my favorite map theme of all time too. I crave for a new JRPG in the vein of Shadow Hearts, one that conveys the ambient of those 2 games, and a Ring of Fate return would be welcomed as well!
Btw, Yuri is like the best protagonist ever, seriously!

RIP Nautilus/Sacnoth ;_;

soulshumsoftly

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Mar 21, 2014
I LOVED the 1st Shadow Hearts game. The combat system is a little clunky if you try to play it in this era of gaming, but otherwise the storyline, characters, and ESPECIALLY the crazy japanese horror monster designs are fantastic.

Shadow Hearts Covenant was decent, but it lost some of the "spooky" feel that made Shadow Hearts so unique in my opinion. The ending kinda made the game worthwhile in my opinion. Couple of the characters were very annoying.

Shadow Hearts: From The New World wasn't even worth playing imo. I tried really hard to like it and the characters and story were just... bleh.