1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

AOT........Awesome!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Mifune13, Sep 26, 2013.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Mifune13

Mifune13 Stiltzkin's Apprentice

Who else agrees with the topic?

2. hui43210

hui43210 Yevonite

I DO!!!!!!!!

3. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

AoT/SNK is probably the best anime I've watched in awhile.

4. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

Episode 25 anyone?

5. Casval

Casval Yevonite

I challenge you to come up with 5 good reasons on the value of watching Attack on Titan as opposed to some other anime.

Please imagine that I've said the above in a friendly manner, and consider that I haven't yet watched AoT. Which are both true.

Sapientia likes this.
  6. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

I'm not great at describing things, but I'll try and point out some things that I think AoT maybe doesn't invent, but perfects (not in any particular order):
    • voice acting - it's a must. And it's here, and it's genuine. From the main character to even minor characters they're all voice very well by talented VAs. I'd say most animes are sported by a talented VA cast, but this is an instance where I don't think anyone sounds out of place or flat.
    • the music - "Vogel Im Kafig," "Kyojin," "Call Your Name"...the music is great, composed by Hiroyuki Sawano, who also composed for Blue Exorcist, another OST I really liked. When the music plays, it fits and does its job. And there is one point where the music was so perfectly fitting, the combination of excellent VA work and just the scene itself...welp, I was bawling like a baby. No shame.
    • animation - it's beautiful. Honestly. How they pull off half of this stuff in a week is beyond me. The quality is there, it has a familiar style but still unique all the same...and man, when you see some of the action scenes, your jaw will probably drop.
    • story - I really like the story, and how it affects all of the characters in turn. I won't say more if you ever do watch it, but it's definitely an interesting concept to me anyway.
    • characters - I connect with nearly every single one of them. Aside from the main character, who honestly you can't help but root for but at the same time facepalm over sometimes. Won't say anymore, but I definitely dig the characters.
    • Death is handled maturely. This is very different from shounen. When people die, they die, and almost always brutally and without their moment of glory in the spotlight. Every death in the anime is significant, and it really helps the story in that these are trapped humans, pushed to the last barriers as the titans close in.
    • One, technically two filler episodes (one episode, 13.5, is a recap). Now I know the anime's season is short, but even the filler is actually pretty good, and the pace of the anime overall almost always never slows for long.
    Now, those are just a few reasons. Saying anything more would mean I'd have to gush about the kickass episodes, the sad ones, the "OH MY GOD WTF" episodes, ya know...
    That's Attack On Titan for ya. My favorite anime of the year so far. So good on so many levels. I really can't think of anything bad about it...
    Sorry for the long post. o_O

7. Casval

Casval Yevonite

@Sapientia: Not at all! I enjoyed reading your comment. I'll admit, it's high time that I jump on the bandwagon and see what the fuss is all about, heh.

Sapientia likes this.
  8. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

Honestly, I was really skeptical. After all, the anime is huge. Maybe I had low expectations, but AoT blew everything I'd watched before out of the water. Definitely try it, I'd say.

9. Casval

Casval Yevonite

I'll let you know my impression of the first episode. Thanks for your help!

Sapientia likes this.
  10. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

I hope you enjoy it! :)

Casval likes this.
  11. Casval

Casval Yevonite

I've just watched the first episode. Beautiful animation, haunting music, captivating story.
    Eren and Mikasa . . . oh dear, I can't imagine how they must feel after witnessing their mother's horrendous end to the Titans. I've been left utterly speechless.

I can see why AOT is all the rage--it's a really spectacular anime-- but until I watch a few more episodes, I don't think I'll catch the AOT bug anytime soon. It's a bit morbid for my taste.

12. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

It's definitely dark. Very dark. I guess you have to be able to stomach it. There were several times where I was gasping and turning away from the screen. It is actually a little bit censored from the manga, believe it or not.

13. Casval

Casval Yevonite

Oh my, I must commend your word choice. I handled Monster all right, but AOT is... a bit unsettling, not only because of the gore, I should say, though. I will watch a few more episodes and attempt to understand the Titan's origins.

Sapientia likes this.
  14. soup or mann

soup or mann Red Wings Commander UFFSite Veteran

So when is this gonna get dubbed or released on Blu-ray/DVD? I haven't watched it yet 'cause, well, I'm one of the ten people on the internet who still buy physical anime. Yes, I know it's on crunchyroll, too, but I've really grown to dislike subbed anything.

15. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

I personally hope it's not dubbed because I think the JP voice actors do a really nice job, but since season two doesn't seem like it'll be coming anytime soon (or at all, but I'm pretty sure it will). But, neither's been announced I believe...

16. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

So, I've been going back to re-watch all of SNK (about one episode a week to keep me sane until they hopefully announce the next season), and when I got to episode eight...
    Ugh, did anyone else bawl at the end? Please tell me I'm not the only one. I mean good god, I was bawling until my teeth were chattering! xD
    I think that episode was where I really started liking SNK. And the ending is just one of those moments where you sit back, and just say, "Damn."

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!