Bravely Default Discussion

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
I skipped reading the last few post to avoid spoilers once I saw "final boss" there. Just unlocked the Summoner and the scene previous to that was intense. That girl was nuts!
Yeah, I tried to make sure I didn't spoil anything there. Will keep any future talk in spoiler tags just in case :)

Nov 29, 2013
It's fine. I haven't tested the Summoner yet but if there's something I've learned from FF is that they're Black Mages who like to spend a lot (a lot) of MP.
Hm, well I haven't used Summoner much in this game. The MP costs were too high for me haha. I preferred to use the Conjurer, which uses Summons to buff yourself.

May 26, 2014
Just picked this up the other day. Here are my impressions so far:

- Story is simple so far, but it's better that way (and either way, I'm still early game). Characters are interesting enough. Ringabel is awesome though, and I'm pretty intrigued by D's journal.

- Gameplay is incredibly addictive. I thought the pseudo-multiplayer aspects would feel tacked-on, but I'm actually enjoying them.

- Visuals and music are phenomenal.

- I didn't understand the point of the AR intro thing. Like... why does it exist? It doesn't really add anything to... anything.

Question though: Can you only use each friend summon once? I thought I would be able to use them again after the date changed, but they are still greyed out.

Anyway, here's my friend code if anyone wants to add me: 2363-6365-9855
I'll add the ones people posted here too if that's ok.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
I'll get around to adding you.

Regarding friend summons, you can only use them again once your friend updates his/her actual game data again, I believe. So if that friend never plays the game again, yeah, you can't use that summon again. Stops cheap tactics I guess.

You just reminded me about the AR intro thing. Huh, that was pretty pointless come to think of it.

May 26, 2014
Azuardo said:
Regarding friend summons, you can only use them again once your friend updates his/her actual game data again, I believe. So if that friend never plays the game again, yeah, you can't use that summon again. Stops cheap tactics I guess.
I suppose that makes sense.

So far the only thing I don't like about the game is that some of the menus I use frequently feel a bit tucked away (like the options menu). That's just me being nitpicky though.

May 26, 2014
I've stopped using abilink for the most part. It gives you too many overpowered abilities if your friends are further along in the game, and I don't want to take the challenge away.