Bravely Default Sells One Million Worldwide

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
I really want to know full UK figures. The game didn't debut well at all when it was released here, leading me to wonder just how well it did in the end. eShop sales can't have been THAT huge, surely. I remember hearing it did well in the US, though. Good news, anyway. Just hope the next game doesn't have us pissing around and redoing events 50 times over.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
Glad to see a non-Final Fantasy game do well overseas. Hopefully, this will inspire SE to bring over more spin-offs in the future.

Sep 26, 2013
If all it took were numbers like that to make more games that don't have Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts and Dragon Quest in the title. You'd think Square Enix would make a new Chrono game. Perhaps Bravely Default being a new IP is what helped it break a million. I think a new Chrono could break a million easily as it has a bit of history and wouldn't be a risk that new IPs initially bring. Plus there is demand for one.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
Hopefully Square will try making more new Japanese role playing games, or just games that are more "Japanese" inspired. Majority of their games lately are very Western and made by Eidos.

Maybe visit their old IP's like Parasite Eve. I like "The 3rd Birthday" but come on!? They wait that long to make a new installment in the series and that's what we got... -_-

That's excellent to hear. Good chances of Bravely Second coming out in timely fashion, and a very promising foundation for this franchise.

But Bravely Default's success is another failure for Square-Enix. By "failure", I mean the company's general myopia when it comes to demand for more traditional JRPGs, and their utter reluctance to release the game worldwide themselves, thus having Nintendo take up the slack. Hopefully they've got the message now.