Bravely Second

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Sep 26, 2013
Bravely Second - Details on Guatelatio, Agnes and Jobs

The following details were translated by Gematsu...
Guatelatio
- A city that has long been prosperous, Guatelatio sits at the entrance to the highway that leads to the Temple of Earth and the Holy Land
- Home to the Crystal Orthodoxy's headquarters, as well as numerous villas and estates belong to especially faithful aristocrats and various other prominent families
- At the northern edge of town sits the Gate of Faith
- An important military institution tasked with defending the Holy Land that employs the "Orthodox Knights," a group that the Orthodoxy holds in high regards
- Guatelatio managed to rid itself of the Orthodox Knights and barely attain recognition as autonomous entity, when the Duchy of Eternia was in its prime
- With the Orthodoxy and Duchy's relationship taking a turn for the peaceful, the city eventually becomes the former's official capitol city, bringing with it renewed construction of the cathedral and a return to bustling life in general
- There were plans to hold the signing ceremony for the peace treaty in Guatelatio, but things don't go quite as planned

Agnes Oblige
- In the wake of the decade-long Passion Period, she miraculously puts the then-collapsing Crystal Orthodoxy back together
- Ultimately becoming the only fourth pope the Orthodoxy has ever seen and the first one to rise to such a position in centuries
- Not only is she on friendly terms with many important players, but she also enjoys massive popularity with the common people and has put her heart and soul into realizing lasting peace between the Orthodoxy and Eternia
- However, when the time comes for the peace treaty ceremony, she ends up getting kidnapped

Jobs
- Valkyries are an offensive class that do their dirty work by attacking from mid-air and fleeing
- they're especially potent when BP is spent during their attacks
- The recommended weapon for them is a spear
- Superstars buff up friendly characters by singing them songs, with bolstered stats potentially including, but not limited to, offense, defense, and BP
- Given their main role as a buffing job, Superstars are equipped with myriad abilities to get their work done
- Time Mages are tacticians who control the flow of time during battles to their advantage
- Characters with this job are better able to heal the entire party simultaneously and deal proportional damage relative to the enemies' HP
- Their weapon of choice is the wand.
- Red Mages can utilize both White and Black Magic
- his makes them a hybrid class of sorts that's well-rounded when it comes to healing and offensive magic, as well as buffs and debuffs

Sep 26, 2013
Couple of Famitsu Screenshots

Bravely Default Scenario Writer Won't Be Working On Bravely Second

Naotaka Hayashi won’t be returning in Bravely Second as the scenario writer. Instead, Bravely Default producer Tomoya Asano will be helping out on the scenario together with assistant producer Shinji Takahashi. Tsukishima who was the mastermind behind the Bravely Default novels will help supervise the scenario writers. And finally, Kensuke Nakahara, the game’s designer, will be directing.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
More screenshots.

Bravely Second Magnolia (PVC Figure)

Why Square Enix Chose ryo To Be Bravely Second’s Composer
Bravely Second will have several new writers handling its story, but the other big staff change is the change of composer from Revo to Supercell’s ryo. In this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine, producer Tomoya Asano and ryo talk about how this came to be.

As previously reported, the change in composers happened due to scheduling issues, although it sounds like the development team turned this to their advantage.

“Similar to the way we decided to use Revo in the previous game, we decided that we wanted someone who can make music with melodies that stand out,” explains Asano.

He continues, “BGMs in recent games are matched with realistic graphics, and they have a sense of realism to go with them. I consider myself more of an old-school gamer, though, so I prefer BGMs that you can hum out, kind of like the ones back in the day. With that in mind, we decided to ask ryo for help.”

Famitsu asks ryo to share his thoughts upon receiving the request to compose Bravely Second’s music.

“I often get requests for vocal-related things, but when I heard that it was for game music, honestly, I thought, ‘Why me?’” responds ryo with a laugh. However, ryo says, it’s a genre he’s wanted to work on more, since he already handles one or two anime or drama BGMs every year.

Next, Famitsu ask ryo if he knew anything about the first game, Bravely Default.

“Actually, I bought the game on its release date, and played it. I even beat it,” ryo replies.

Asano adds, “When I first met him, he told me ‘I beat it’ and to top it off, he even maxed out at level 99. I was surprised!”

Since he’s already a fan of the series, Famitsu asks if that means ryo will be able to capture the mood of Bravely Second with ease.

“That’s right. I’ll be making the music while thinking about how I’d like it as a player,” says ryo. “For example, when you sleep at an inn and the music goes along with the screen getting darker, I’d like to make that part twice as short.”

He continues, “I don’t think of music as work, but when I do, it never feels like work. I do indeed get a list of music that they want, but in the end, it’s all so fun that I make songs that aren’t even on the list, and hand them over. If they don’t like it, it’s okay if they don’t use it. That’s basically how I’m making the music.”

Bravely Second is currently in development for Nintendo 3DS.

Last edited:

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
Bravely Second Being Made With “Sequel” As A Focus, And Will Have Many Surprises
As previously reported, Bravely Second will have several new writers and a new composer. In this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine, series producer Tomoya Asano reminds fans that the game will still be a Bravely game, and that it will also have plenty of surprises to look forward to.

When asked about the current development status of Bravely Second, Asano says that the game is currently in a state where it can be played from its opening to the ending, and the next step is to decide on how much time they’ll spend polishing the game, as he would like to make it as good as it can be.

According to Asano, the concept behind the making of Bravely Second focused on it being a sequel. He explains that a majority of people who played Bravely Default were fans of fantasy RPGs and met pleasant surprises in the first game. For this reason, he says that fans looking forward to Bravely Second can expect plenty of surprises as well.

Famitsu
exclaims that we were recently treated to a look at Agnes, who has been inaugurated as a pope.

“Yes, you may have noticed by looking at the illustration, but this time, the adventure will be centered around saving Agnes, who gets taken away,” says Asano. He adds that the idea is to bring out a feeling of saving a princess.

Moving along, we’ve seen Manolia sporting the looks of four Jobs that were in the previous game. Famitsu asks if a lot of the Jobs we saw in Bravely Default will return in Bravely Second. To this, Asano replies that the game will have both new and returning jobs, and the designs for the latter have been refined over the previous game.

Regarding the refined designs, Famitsu asks if that means that the Asterisk Holders [the characters from whom you obtained the job classes] will be different this time around.

“No, the Asterisk Holders who appeared in the first game won’t be changing,” says Asano. “Please look forward to seeing what they’ll be up to in the world of Bravely Second.”

Finally, Famitsu asks if we’ll be seeing follow-up reports on a more regular basis from this point on.

“I’d really like to do that,” Asano replies. “I’d also like to release a demo for the game, so look forward to that, as well. For those who haven’t played the first game, there’s a demo that lets you play up to the first four chapters, so please go ahead and give that a try!”

Bravely Second
is in development for Nintendo 3DS.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
Bravely Second’s Magnolia Figure Comes With A DLC Code For The Game
Bravely Second isn’t even out yet, but that didn’t stop Square Enix from showing off a prototype figure of the game’s protagonist, Magnolia Arch. Dengeki shows us a look at the new figure in its complete form, and it’s looking pretty sweet.

The Bravely Second Magnolia figure stands at 240mm (9.45 inches) tall, a width of 225mm (8.86 inches,) and a depth of 145mm (5.7 inches). The figure was made with the idea of a “rabbit” in mind.

Additionally, Dengeki reports that the figure will also go on sale as part of a campaign with a DLC code for Bravely Second which will be included with the figure. There aren’t any details as far as what the DLC code is about, but this will be revealed in the near future.

The Magnolia 1/8 scale figure will be available in March 2015, for 10,800 yen (about $105.69) plus tax.

masterlobo

Red Wings Commander
Oct 23, 2013
Let's just hope this time they don't
do the chapter 5 crap they pulled on BD.

If they do listen to feedback I guess they won't do it again. That absolutely obliterated the game's pacing.

Anyway, I bet this game's gunna b good.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
Bravely Second Protagonist Revealed

Jump this week introduces three new characters set to appear in upcoming 3DS RPG sequel Bravely Second—including the main character.
They are:
  • Yuu (The Protagonist) - “Falcon of the Gale.” The young leader of the Orthodox Knights’ Three Musketeers meant to protect the Crystal Orthodoxy.
  • Jean - “Wolf of Blazing Fire.” An expert of the sword, his ability and many military exploits are what led him to join the Three Musketeers.
  • Nikolai - “The Rugged Python.” The priest of the Three Musketeers and instrumental to the Orthodox Knights’ survival.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
This game is looking more and more interesting with each new announcement. A slight shame though that the main protagonist isn't Magnolia alone. Was hoping for a lone female lead myself.

May 26, 2014
New gameplay (I guess?)

- Agnes is the character on the bottom screen this time around.

- At 7:35 they show you can change encounter rate at any time from the bottom screen. (Had to go into menu in the first one.)

- Around 11:45 they show that you can choose one command, then choose to brave however many times. In the first one you had to brave x number of times, then input the command x number of times.