Cloud announced for Super Smash Bros.

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Sep 26, 2013
Caught me off guard. For a while, I was always trying to figure out what Square Enix character made sense for Smash. Clearly Cloud but FFVII never appeared on a Nintendo platform so it came down to characters like Crono, Terra, Moogle(Mog), Sora or a Dragon Quest character.

Wonder if this hints at anything for the future? Hmm...

This also means we're getting a Cloud amiibo too! :D

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
Caught me off guard. For a while, I was always trying to figure out what Square Enix character made sense for Smash. Clearly Cloud but FFVII never appeared on a Nintendo platform so it came down to characters like Crono, Terra, Moogle(Mog), Sora or a Dragon Quest character.

Wonder if this hints at anything for the future? Hmm...

This also means we're getting a Cloud amiibo too! :D
I didn't want to get ahead of myself, but it seems likely that the two companies made some sort of deal. An announcement regarding the VII HD remake and the upcoming NX at a later date wouldn't surprise me after witnessing this.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Incredible announcement. The best thing is how true to his FFVII design he is.

Insta-buy.

(But that is now even more sword characters... I still hope my Dixie gets in)

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Dont know about mega man, Sonic Pac Man but Solid Snake appeared in MGS The Twin Snake a remake from MGS1 for Nintendo Game Cube and Street fighter 2 was also on SNES.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2013
Dont know about mega man, Sonic Pac Man but Solid Snake appear in MGS The Twin Snake a remake from MGS1 for Nintendo Game Cube and Street fighter 2 was also on SNES.
Mega Man has a strong history with Nintendo and there are a ton of games that have appeared on Nintendo platforms in the past. The first 6 games appeared on NES. SNES got Mega Man 7 and Mega Man X-X3. There are a ton of games on Nintendo handhelds too. Also, a bunch of Mega Man games have appeared on virtual console and the Mega Man amiibo can be used with the legacy collection to unlock more content.

Nintendo and Sega used to be rivals back in the early 90's. Nobody back in the day thought that we would see Mario and Sonic on the same platform and in the same games. Besides Sonic appearing on Nintendo platforms today, I think Nintendo and Sega made a deal for some exclusive Sonic games too for Wii U.

Namco created Pac-Man. They are also the developers behind Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS. Miyamoto also personally wanted the character to appear in Smash.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
If VII comes on the NX does that mean XV will come too. Since both of them come out next year it would be interesting to see XV as a NX launch title along with Dragon Quest XI and The new Zelda. The NX could have a god tier launch.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
If VII comes on the NX does that mean XV will come too. Since both of them come out next year it would be interesting to see XV as a NX launch title along with Dragon Quest XI and The new Zelda. The NX could have a god tier launch.
I dont think Tabata wants to pressure the dev team more by programming for a 3rd console, though XV could come to NX some time after launch.

Sep 26, 2013
That really kinda depends on how powerful the NX is. If it can't handle PS4/XB1 games then probably not.

May 26, 2014
Smash 4 has what, 9 sword users now? Geez. But I'm not complaining.Having Cloud in is amazing. I haven't gotten any of the other DLC characters for smash, but I'll get him for sure.

Anyway, I sure hope VII Remake (and XV) can somehow come to NX. I kinda don't want to buy a PS4.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
How does Cloud even go from having skinny arms to looking like a bodybuilder in a week.

Also, a Nomura-drawn Link? What a time to be alive.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Messed around with Cloud for a little bit. Seems pretty strong, particularly his air up smash, and Limit Break is powerful. Still getting used to his recovery; sometimes hit B again to smash back down to my death on Climhazzard. I'd love to put some time into this game to get good with him. Since I've bought him, I should make the effort.

Wish they added some remixes of FF7 music tho. The two battle themes are great, but really would have liked a couple more if they weren't gonna do any remixes like they did for Street Fighter.

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
Cloud in Smash was initially surprising news for me, but in retrospect it actually sounds reasonable now that Bayonetta is in.

And I'm not complaining. Bayo is awesome.