Digimon thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
May 26, 2014

Early 2017, PS4 only, digital only, English and Japanese voices
Edit: Physical copies are coming as well.

This game has the same style of gameplay as Digimon World 1 but you can have 2 Digimon at once. Also this game is a lot more user friendly than the original Digimon World, which is good because DW1 is one of the most ridiculously obtuse games ever.

I'm still gonna stay the heck away from this though. Just unfreeze me when Cyber Sleuth 2 comes out.

Last edited:
May 26, 2014
Fun game: Take a drink every time someone apologizes in Digimon Tri Confession.

Next film, "Loss," will come out February 25.

May 26, 2014
Being Takeru is suffering.
His life sucks. I was gonna make some snide comment about how this is all karma for how much of a douche he was in 02, but he never deserved all of this.

None of them deserved this.
The scene at the end when they find the Digimon and they don't even know who they are felt like someone was stabbing me in the heart with a knife repeatedly.

As we know, there are multiple meanings for "tri." Obviously this is the third Digimon Adventure series. It's now confirmed that there are three numbers in the infection, though anyone paying enough attention to the first two movies could've already guessed that. But an interesting new theory that I see getting thrown out there now is that
"tri" refers to three Digidestined/chosen children groups:
01 = Taichi's group
02 = Daisuke's group
00 = Maki's group(???)

Anyway, I loved the mini flashback to my absolute favorite moment in all of Digimon, which is Izzy and Tentomon hugging in the last episode of Adventure.

Also, I can't believe I forgot to mention this, but the English dub of Reunion is out, and apparently they kept Brave Heart in it. This is weird because (a) they replaced all the other music like they always do in every Digimon English dub, and (b) because this is the first time ever that Brave Heart has been left intact for the English dub. And apparently the dub is actually faithful to the original, which is another first. A more faithful English dub is something I've wanted for years now, since Digimon is the only anime that I prefer to watch in Japanese instead of English. Still, I think some part of me is going to miss all the dumb jokes.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Somehow this went unnoticed, 5 days ago the new anime series Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters (or Appmon for short) premiered its first episode, I haven´t seen it yet but will likely give it a watch during the weekend, I hope this series is promising....

May 26, 2014
Somehow this went unnoticed, 5 days ago the new anime series Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters (or Appmon for short) premiered its first episode, I haven´t seen it yet but will likely give it a watch during the weekend, I hope this series is promising....
Have you watched it yet? I've seen both episodes that have released so far, and I think it could be a pretty fun show. The main character is cool, a nice change of pace from the usual Digimon mc. He's kind of like Takato. I thought this series would be purely episodic like Hunters was for the most part, but just 1-2 episodes in they already seem to be setting up a larger conflict, and that's pretty neat. It's a pleasant surprise because of Yokai Watch influence (both because of how popular YW is and because this is being written by the same person who writes the YW tv series).

But yeah, other than that YW cues are super apparent, from the summoning (complete with a YW-esque chant thing!), to the collecting, to the problems appmon cause, to the mega-compacted character designs (for the appmon that is). It's also fairly aesthetically similar to Hunters, and, in certain places, Cyber Sleuth oddly enough. Not sure whether or not I like that yet.

If you haven't watched it yet, I'd say give it a shot. It's entertaining and, with 50+ episodes ahead, already seems promising!