Do you want FFX-3? Or would you prefer Toriyama to be making something else?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Do you want Final Fantasy X-3? Or would you prefer Motomu Toriyama to be making something else?

• Yes, I would love Final Fantasy X-3.

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • I would want to see X-3 before I make a judgement on it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would prefer a prequel to Final Fantasy X.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • I would prefer Toriyama to bring back the Parasite Eve franchise.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • I would prefer Toriyama to be directing the new Front Mission.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He's probably working on VII Remake, that's enough for me.

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
Then by that logic, critic scores mean nothing.

I don’t care what right they gave him. I still think he’s not a great game designer. Doesn’t change that fact. You’re responding to my personal opinion after all.

The point is FFX-2 is not alone on some high pedestal. It’s getting special treatment. Big deal. So are other titles. Join the club.

Who went from Director to Field Map Director to Planning Director.

Because it's the mobile market. Nomura was basically making shit for dumb flies.
Square Enix always advertises critic scores. So no. A few userscores mean nothing.

Yes, he's not a great game designer. That's why he has Yuji Abe. He's a great event director.

Yeah, the guy who runs this site plays many mobile games.

I wouldn't call that an amazing achievement.
That's your opinion. It impressed Kitase enough to make him event director on FFX and then he went on to direct more Final Fantasy games than anyone else ever!

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
Square Enix always advertises critic scores. So no. A few userscores mean nothing.
Yeah it means nothing cause it clearly hurts the point you're trying to make. User score is lower then critic score and doesn't make you look good so you reject it.

Yeah, the guy who runs this site plays many mobile games.
Many other people do too so why just put the owner in the spotlight?

Final Fantasy All the Bravest is a perfect example of Square Enix taking advantage of the Final Fantasy brand, and some of its fans, in a young and healthy market where everyone wants a piece of that pie before things settle down and consumers become wiser.

I'm not saying all mobile games are shit but plenty of them are right now. It's no different then the home console market when it first arrived around 40 years ago. Littered with bad games. Eventually, the bad stuff will fade away as consumers will become a bit smarter with their money and what types of games they play. Right now, some consumers are kinda stupid and have to learn a few things. That will come with experience.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
Yeah it means nothing cause it clearly hurts the point you're trying to make. User score is lower then critic score and doesn't make you look good so you reject it.

Many other people do too so why just put the owner in the spotlight?

Final Fantasy All the Bravest is a perfect example of Square Enix taking advantage of the Final Fantasy brand, and some of its fans, in a young and healthy market where everyone wants a piece of that pie before things settle down and consumers become wiser.

I'm not saying all mobile games are shit but plenty of them are right now. It's no different then the home console market when it first arrived around 40 years ago. Littered with bad games. Eventually, the bad stuff will fade away as consumers will become a bit smarter with their money and what types of games they play. Right now, some consumers are kinda stupid and have to learn a few things. That will come with experience.
Nah, I honestly don't give a shit what a few people decided to post on Metacrtic and clearly Square Enix don't either. And even if you wanted to use user scores than Type-0 has like 6.2.

You basically called mobile gamers "dumb flies".

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
Nah, I honestly don't give a shit what a few people decided to post on Metacrtic
Yeah... I know.

My point really is that it all matters. The score matters and the context behind the score matters. Square Enix are not the only ones seeing and caring about the scores. Consumers are too. It matters whether you like it or not. The academic grading system is ingrained into many minds and when people see that user score of 71%, they're going to see it as something close to below average and not worth their time and investment.

Hell, even that 85 can be seen as average too. This chart wasn't just made to be funny. There is some truth to it.

And the context of those scores matter too. It allows consumers to read what the product is like from those with actual experience before buying/skipping it. And it allows Square Enix to see what people think about their creation. It's valuable data. It matters. It's market research. It's important information that will help Square Enix create better products in the future.

You basically called mobile gamers "dumb flies".
Yeah cause many of them are attracted to low quality experiences right now. I’ve already explained this. The more games they play, the more experience they will have. Mobile gamers will start to develop a higher standard and start spending their money more wisely. They haven’t yet because the mobile market is still pretty young and there is much to learn and explore.

There have been signs of things starting to settle down though and you're starting to see a little bit more effort put into these titles too like Mobius for example, which doesn't really come off as a cheap cash-in.