1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

DQ Heroes fails to chart in EU, barely makes the chart in NA

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by Sora96, Nov 11, 2015.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Sora96

Sora96 Sphere Hunter

The head of Square Enix's Business Division 6 and the executive producer of the Dragon Quest series, Yu Miyake suggested more Dragon Quest titles could be released in English and other languages (Such as the Slime game on 3DS in particular) if Dragon Quest Heroes sold on PS4 in North America & Europe/Australia. Unfortunately, the title's performance on the PlayStation Store would not give any hope of this.

PlayStation Europe listed the 20 best selling PlayStation 4 games in Europe/Australia in the month of October 2015 , and Dragon Quest is nowhere to be seen.

PlayStation USA has also posted their 20 best selling PlayStation 4 games for the month of October, 2015 and Dragon Quest has barely managed to chart coming in at #20.

We'll see soon if the title performed at retail.

In great news for Sony, the Uncharted Collection has performed very strongly topping Europe and making #2 in USA.

2. AnGer-dono

AnGer-dono ShinRa SOLDIER

*reads list*

Wait. GOAT SIMULATOR? The hell, Europe...

That being said, I think retail might be more of an appropriate source for this particular game's performance. Plus, I think it is asinine for SE to hinge the fate of mainline DQ games and DQM games on a flippin' musou game - a genre that isn't particularly popular outside of Japan save for a niche audience and fans of the recent franchises which had a musou crossover such as One Piece and Zelda.

Wazi the pa likes this.
  3. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

Gee, I wonder why...... :rolleyes:

To be honest, that game felt like it was meant to be used as a 'time killer' rather than a game that players would love to sink hours in.
    That game will only be brought by hardcore fans (Warriors fans as well which I believe there aren't that many of them) and definitely not newcomers of the franchise. That's how most spin-off games end up......

4. Sora96

Sora96 Sphere Hunter

31,000 at retail on NPD. That's shocking.

5. Wazi the pa

Well, there you have it. I just never saw a market for that kind of game to flourish in the West.

6. Squirrel Emperor

Squirrel Emperor Nuts Staff Member Moderator

Which is a shame really as this game probably would have done better during the PS2 era. Times have changed.

Wazi the pa likes this.
  7. Wazi the pa

Hopefully, the mainline DQ games can recover the "stumble" that took place. It just doesn't make sense for newcomers to get into DQH on the fly.

8. Somnia

Somnia Yevonite

Hopefully the PC sales are ok on Steam. I mean let's be honest though what's the last big Dynasty Warriors style game to do big here other than Hyrule Warriors?

9. Sora96

Sora96 Sphere Hunter

Yu Miyake basically said more DQ games would be localized if this one did well. We're getting VII & VIII but Nintendo are publishing those. So I wouldn't get my hopes up for DQ Heroes II and Builders getting localized.

10. Somnia

Somnia Yevonite

I have a feeling Builders will for sure to try and get that minecraft audience and XI will because of being a very big mainline game... DQ Heroes 2 though might be tough. If it does good on PC and has ok legs on PS4 maybe, but who knows.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!