1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Dragon Quest Builders

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by AnGer-dono, Oct 15, 2016.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. AnGer-dono

AnGer-dono ShinRa SOLDIER

Anyone already got it and playing it?

I do and it's great stuff. :D

ChingleeTribal likes this.
  2. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

I haven't been keeping up with most DQBuilders updates, is the game a so called "Minecraft with DQ slapped on it"?

3. AnGer-dono

That's the simplest way to put it, but it's also not quite right. Still busy with Ch. 1, but the main difference to Minecraft (and similar survival games) is that you get quests for your villagers and do stuff to help build your town, so there's a proper objective to everything which makes exploring the places and crafting much more satisfying. (To me, at least)

EDIT: Which, btw, works really well. The game is quite focused, design-wise, but there's enough variation to it to never keep me bored.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  4. ChingleeTribal

ChingleeTribal Chocobo Knight

Yeh. It's pretty darn addictive!

5. AnGer-dono

That it is. Still stuck in chapter 1, but found a quest today. Did that and got a new plan to build a greenhouse.

Unfortunately... quest markers for non-village quests cannot be set and you have to manually manage a quest log.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!