Drakengard 3

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

TRI Mike

ShinRa SOLDIER
Drakengard 3 came out today with close to no media coverage (something typical nowdays). I've been extremely hooked to the OST for several days now and was waiting for reviews until I made the decision to buy. From what I read most of the morning, the game is far from perfect but the charm of it comes from the world it takes place in, the insane combat and of course, the music.

After reading some reviews and watching the launch trailer I just went and ordered it from Amazon. Our people from RPGsite got a Collector's Edition and will review it soon I hope. I anyone else here getting it¿ If you've already played it, what are your thoughts¿

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Not interested. It never got my attention, in a sense the game's design never "clicked" with me. Everyone says it's like Nier in some ways, but then again, I was a fool to fall into Gaf's Nier hype ("Game of the generation", "hidden gem", "best soundtrack ever") and the game turned out to be pretty average, except for some unique elements. As my PS3's life fades, I think the last game I'm going to buy will be Persona 5; and that is if Atlus doesn't want to port it to PS4.

Nikolasvanitas

Chocobo Knight
Sep 27, 2013
Greece
www.youtube.com
I like the gameplay and music in Nier but after reading some info about the storyline and seeing some of the character designs I lost interest
Stll I am glad to see Square treating the Nier fans with a new title,I may give it a try in the future

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Got this myself and I like the sexy and violent themes it has going on. I really want to like it more, but it feels quite clunky at times. Plus, the graphics are really below par. There's all sorts of screen tearing all over the place, poor texturing, and some slowdown - particularly in the dragon combat. Dragon combat itself also feels very clumsy.

I liken it to a Dynasty Warriors game in a way, with the hordes of enemies you have to smash through. Only at the end of Chapter 2, though, so still got a ways to go. Hoping it gets a lot better.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Wanted to like this so much more. Didn't sit too well with me in the end. So much feels unexplained, making it difficult to understand what's going on, even after the game is over, and it's hard to relate to Zero. I understand there are prequel novellas on the official website for each Intoner, but this kinda stuff should be in the game.

Mikhail's voice was horrible to my ears, and the fact the JP voice pack costs money is very poor. Story DLC is another low point, very likely being stuff that really should have been in the game so that I could better understand just what was going on and who these people were.

And as I said before, the graphics are so bad, actually affecting the gameplay in negative ways. I've read about people saying to set your PS3 to 480p and hooking up a PC monitor, so that the frame rate issues are cut down, and in turn the game more responsive, but we shouldn't have to go through that crap. Besides, PAL PS3 only does 576i or whatever it is, so it still doesn't work properly.

I had no clue what to expect, and was really looking forward to it, but god damn, this left me with a bad impression.

Last edited:

Joshua

Sphere Hunter
Oct 7, 2013
California
I'm going to sit out the release window of Drakengard 3 but both the existence of this game and the fact it got localized out West is something to cheer.

Myrodis19

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 15, 2014
Westminster, Maryland
I like the game so far myself. Some reviewers review these types of games based on what a wide gaming audience would think of it. But some of these games are designed for the fans and the people that like these types of games. They are what's the word Niche titles?

Anyway why does everyone want to see Kagari's review? She a good reviewer?

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Niche or not, the game runs horribly. I review based on my own experience with a game, not anybody else's - like how any reviewer should. I mentioned that the game's fans will simply not care about the bad points; they'll just be happy this even got made and localised, and that's pretty evident based on some of the hardcore fans' responses I've seen. "It's good because it's niche" isn't something I was going to go along with, however. I could still appreciate some of the game's better moments, but there wasn't enough of it for my liking.

I don't really know if Kagari's a 'good' reviewer or anything, since I haven't read many of hers, but I'm just curious to see what she thinks.

Myrodis19

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 15, 2014
Westminster, Maryland
Niche or not, the game runs horribly. I review based on my own experience with a game, not anybody else's - like how any reviewer should. I mentioned that the game's fans will simply not care about the bad points; they'll just be happy this even got made and localised, and that's pretty evident based on some of the hardcore fans' responses I've seen. "It's good because it's niche" isn't something I was going to go along with, however. I could still appreciate some of the game's better moments, but there wasn't enough of it for my liking.

I don't really know if Kagari's a 'good' reviewer or anything, since I haven't read many of hers, but I'm just curious to see what she thinks.
Yeah sorry good reviewer was a bad way of putting it. TO be honest though i am basing my claim off of the reviews i have seen on both IGN and Gameinformer. Both of those mediums can be extremely idk biased at times.