1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Edge of Eternity

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by ScienceNonfiction, Feb 17, 2015.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. ScienceNonfiction

ScienceNonfiction ShinRa SOLDIER

It's an upcoming RPG featuring ATB from French developer Midgar Studio (yeah, the FF influence is more than evident). It's been in development for a while if I remember correctly, and has been funded up until now through personal funding from the developers. Now they're turning to Kickstarter to finish up the game and hire more staff. Personally I think the visuals look great for a game made by only four people.

The stretch goals are as follows:
    • $44 K - PC/Mac/Linux
    • $60 K - PS4/Xbox One
    • $75 K - Nekaroo breeding (I'm guessing these are the cats you can ride in the game)
    • $95 K - Craft system
    • $130 K - Orchestral music by Yasunori Mitsuda (awesome!)
    Kickstarter (with a link to a free pre-alpha demo)

Website

So yeah, looks pretty cool. Personally I'm not going to back it, but I'll keep an eye on it!

2. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

I will keep an eye on it, but as right now, it will need more than ATB (or old school things) to convince me to back it.

3. ScienceNonfiction

Yeah, same. It looks promising, but it's not something I'm willing to sink money into just yet. It's definitely something I want to follow though! (I'm assuming it'll make at least the $44 K they need to finish the game.)

4. ScienceNonfiction

The first two stretch goals have been reached, which means the game will be coming to PC, Mac, Linux, PS4, and Xbox One!

5. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

I just hope it was funded for being interesting not for being old school . . . i hope :shifty:, still keeping an eye on it. Probably will get it at some point to do a final judgment if my pc is powerful.
    Will it be free on Steam(considering that it has fund with outside invest) or you need to pay for it ?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  6. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Chocobo Knight

To be honest, it looks rather generic to me. It doesn't look bad, so I'll keep an eye on it, but it also doesn't look particularly interesting as of now. And giant kitties are not enough to make me throw my money at them.
    It'll be "free" for those who back it on kickstarter. Others just have to buy it.

7. ScienceNonfiction

If that's not enough I don't know what is! :p

All jokes aside though, I definitely see where you and Lumina are coming from. This isn't something I'm completely sold on either. But it does look like it has the potential to be good.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!