Everything FFXV Datamining Related

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

NikoZ

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
I've always imagined Ardyn giving one final "gift" of retribution to Noctis before taking him on, basically sicking a Daemonized Glauca on him and telling him "this" is what killed his father.

Headcanon sucks sometimes.....

Hopefully something like this does happen at some point. The next 4 DLC are supposed to be much closer to the main game over the other separate episodes to there are chances to update the story more I assume. I'm glad that the Kings and Cerberus are already adding more to the original ending, but man imagine a Glauca fight on top of that......damnit.
So, I've been thinking...If we get new side quests in chapter 10, is there any chance we'll be able to travel back there using umbra?
edit: to cartanica i mean
Hmmmm you're right!

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Dossiers are in, sorry for posting this in here, but it confirms the dossiers are coming in after being data-mined..:

https://twitter.com/MoogleKupoCake/status/968476727390474242
The character datalogs really are called dossiers, huh?

BD2's dedication to that one-off line of Nomura's about including real-life events into Versus is really something else. XD (Seriously, though... "The Wall," immigration, refugees, globalization, the use and abandonment of foreign proxies by a privileged elite, "fake news," the ugly consequences of rejecting human dignity, and now dossiers? Which political concern of the late 201Xs hasn't FFXV touched on?)

Well-Dressed Ginger

Balamb Garden Freshman
Feb 21, 2018
So has any extra dialogue been confirmed for chapters other than 14? I saw Paper talking about possible dialogue added to chapter 10. Is that confirmed by the data-miners yet?

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
So has any extra dialogue been confirmed for chapters other than 14? I saw Paper talking about possible dialogue added to chapter 10. Is that confirmed by the data-miners yet?
Yeah, the original leaker posted things for Chapters 5 and 9 as well and I've seen stuff for 10. We won't know what is actually included yet until the patch comes in for march. It's possible they are adding more scenes or dialogue in certain places (which would be great) or its possible that this is old text data. To me it doesn't look like it though, because there's very little useless text in the data.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
OG said he's finding a lot of unused content (weapons, huds, monsters), some of them are being used recently or something. I asked him more specifically.

he already extracted audio related to the replica regalia.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
From what I can also tell, the Royal Edition changes seem to specifically stop (in terms of cutscenes or "new" events") after you get out of the elevator (after the kings i guess) in the citadel and confront Ardyn (I can't find any changes after that, but it is possible still). So for those of you that want a quick summary on most of the important changes made to Insomnia, here:

- Bigger Map (Fast Travel Points and a new Regalia)
- An expansive underground (You need keys to unlock parts of it to new areas of the city)
- At least 4 new side quests (I think there are more)
- Cor is a guest party member
- Your Comrades Glaive is a guest party member
- It seems you take on the King Behemoth with your Comrades Glaive (It's not an objective, but there is code there labeled AVATAR_KG_BHM or something like that)
- Luna is assumed to be a guest party member (has similar code like the above for it) for a least one event
- Cor may be a boss fight (but don't quote me on this yet). I also don't know where it would happen (but it looks like around the Cerberus fight)
- Cerberus is a two stage fight
- Ifrit may have additions to his fight. There seem to be some sort of changes happening ( I personally think they are adding the new additions from the fight in the Comrades update)
- The Kings come after Ifrit (obviously) and the 3rd King is a 2 stage fight.
- Ardyn doesn't change from what I'm seeing (There may be additions to his dialogue though, not sure)
- Two awesome story portions/events I'm not talking about

Take the above with partial skepticism. I also can't be sure Ardyn doesn't change because I specifically can't even find a battle/event for Omega, which we all know is there.

2 More things:

1. Bonus for those who care about comrades, the new Ifrit/Ardyn event should be taking place after Angelgard:

"After months of searching, the Glaives successfully recover the once-lost royal vessel and restore it to ship shape. Despite having finally provided access to the Umbral Isle of Angelgard, however, their work is not yet finished. The engineers at EXINERIS have asked the Glaives to assist them with their next project: the completion of their cross-continental electric grid, culminating in the restoration of power to the Crown City"

Your new goal in comrades after is to actually restore power to Hammerhead and Insomnia, this is probably why the event with Ifrit and Ardyn happens in the trailer. You also restore power to Caem for the new chocobo stuff, and I think you use them to find the rest of the royal sigils (this I'm not too sure about)

2. Another thing, if someone wants to correct me and tell me if they've seen this text before:

"Reunited at long last, Noctis and his brothers-in-arms set forth from Hammerhead with their sights on the Crown City. Though little distance separates the friends from their destination, their trek is nevertheless fraught with danger. Undeterred by a world drenched in darkness and teeming with daemons, they push bravely on toward the hill overlooking their home".

I'm pretty sure we never get text like this on a loading screen or anywhere else. I know for a fact that within the Datalog, there seems to be a story recap section as well. This is probably part of it, but one thing sticks out here: It talks about leaving hammerhead and heading to the campsite as if you actually play that part now. Now, even if that happens, it doesn't confirm you get to travel directly to insomnia after this. I'll update if I can find more dialogue on it.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
From what I can also tell, the Royal Edition changes seem to specifically stop (in terms of cutscenes or "new" events") after you get out of the elevator (after the kings i guess) in the citadel and confront Ardyn (I can't find any changes after that, but it is possible still). So for those of you that want a quick summary on most of the important changes made to Insomnia, here:

- Bigger Map (Fast Travel Points and a new Regalia)
- An expansive underground (You need keys to unlock parts of it to new areas of the city)
- At least 4 new side quests (I think there are more)
- Cor is a guest party member
- Your Comrades Glaive is a guest party member
- It seems you take on the King Behemoth with your Comrades Glaive (It's not an objective, but there is code there labeled AVATAR_KG_BHM or something like that)
- Luna is assumed to be a guest party member (has similar code like the above for it) for a least one event
- Cor may be a boss fight (but don't quote me on this yet). I also don't know where it would happen (but it looks like around the Cerberus fight)
- Cerberus is a two stage fight
- Ifrit may have additions to his fight. There seem to be some sort of changes happening ( I personally think they are adding the new additions from the fight in the Comrades update)
- The Kings come after Ifrit (obviously) and the 3rd King is a 2 stage fight.
- Ardyn doesn't change from what I'm seeing (There may be additions to his dialogue though, not sure)
- Two awesome story portions/events I'm not talking about

Take the above with partial skepticism. I also can't be sure Ardyn doesn't change because I specifically can't even find a battle/event for Omega, which we all know is there.

2 More things:

1. Bonus for those who care about comrades, the new Ifrit/Ardyn event should be taking place after Angelgard:

"After months of searching, the Glaives successfully recover the once-lost royal vessel and restore it to ship shape. Despite having finally provided access to the Umbral Isle of Angelgard, however, their work is not yet finished. The engineers at EXINERIS have asked the Glaives to assist them with their next project: the completion of their cross-continental electric grid, culminating in the restoration of power to the Crown City"

Your new goal in comrades after is to actually restore power to Hammerhead and Insomnia, this is probably why the event with Ifrit and Ardyn happens in the trailer. You also restore power to Caem for the new chocobo stuff, and I think you use them to find the rest of the royal sigils (this I'm not too sure about)

2. Another thing, if someone wants to correct me and tell me if they've seen this text before:

"Reunited at long last, Noctis and his brothers-in-arms set forth from Hammerhead with their sights on the Crown City. Though little distance separates the friends from their destination, their trek is nevertheless fraught with danger. Undeterred by a world drenched in darkness and teeming with daemons, they push bravely on toward the hill overlooking their home".

I'm pretty sure we never get text like this on a loading screen or anywhere else. I know for a fact that within the Datalog, there seems to be a story recap section as well. This is probably part of it, but one thing sticks out here: It talks about leaving hammerhead and heading to the campsite as if you actually play that part now. Now, even if that happens, it doesn't confirm you get to travel directly to insomnia after this. I'll update if I can find more dialogue on it.
That's very interesting. I never had that text show up for me at all in Chapter 14.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Found something else super interesting, a list of labeled locations in Leide (save the dungeons, hotels, shops and blockades):

The Weaverwilds
Longwythe Peak
The Three Valleys
Ostium Gorge
Keycatrich Ruins
The Callaegh Steps
Saulhend Pass
Vannath Coast
Hill Overlooking Insomnia (Technically not labeled but read my next point)

Most people recall, these are locations on the main map (zoom if you want to read the location name):

However, I also found these in the same text location of Leide locations:

Farcry Canyon
Scatterwind Gorge
Drybone Gulch
Old Leide Tunnel
Skyridge Rock

These 5 locations are not found anywhere on the map, yet are labeled with the other text locations on the map itself (they are only mentioned once too, just like a few. Maybe they actually are adding the ability to walk to Insomnia from Hammerhead?

Old Leide Tunnel to me sounds like the long tunnel to the west before going over the bridge to Insomnia. Not entirely sure about the rest, but its possible they are all from the same area? This I just found super interesting.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't any of these locations have been known yet.

Why tho? Isn't this thread for people who want to get spoiled?
I'm not out of respect for the Original Leaker, who basically showed everone how to look through the files, who suggested to just keep it as a surprise.

Trust me, you'll be happy I did.