Everything FFXV Datamining Related

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Feb 19, 2018
I low-key hope that subsequent updates let you fight the other 10 kings. Not because of the actual fights, but the bestary and lore that could come with them.
I can see the other 10 being bosses after you retrieve their respective royal arms as a sort of test to prove you're worthy of their power or maybe they could slowly add them in and scatter them around expanded Insomnia sort of as Ardyn's twisted version of and counter to the Kingsglaive. If Tabata's team feels like they have the time and resources I don't see why not but that's a key factor in all this, time and resources.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I can see the other 10 being bosses after you retrieve their respective royal arms as a sort of test to prove you're worthy of their power or maybe they could slowly add them in and scatter them around expanded Insomnia sort of as Ardyn's twisted version of and counter to the Kingsglaive. If Tabata's team feels like they have the time and resources I don't see why not but that's a key factor in all this, time and resources.
I like the second idea. Because the 3 you fight are controlled by the Starscourge it seems, it'd make more sense. Plus it also keeps that final insomnia Dungeon relevant for longer periods of time. Who knows though. The 3 we are getting look awesome to begin with.

Oct 26, 2017
Costa Rica
By the way, do you know what could be a great prologue and a replace of the actual one? Something like this....

Insomnia in the medieval times with a young Ardyn and Somnus as a protagonist. Seen their father at the Castle after a great battle and talking about the Starscourge that is affect the world. Then, seen Ardyn cure the people and see his brother taking the throne. Left as cliffhanger what happened with Ardyn's expulsion of something like that.

Just to reveal the truth at the end of the game with the fight of the Rulers of Yore.

Last edited:

Takeshi Sendo

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
Maybe its only me but Im starting to see several plot holes, in the reestructured lore/story BD2 made from Versus/FFXV, they are trying to fix but that fix is worse than if you just leave these "plot holes" behind.

I dont just see it off that the Founder King is that one, never ever you see nor the story gives you any hint of that. Besides, the 12th previous kings are that, the last 12th and not that chronological and non sense time jump.
Not talking about his name, Storm maybe had the real answer and they tried to give a genesis to Insomnia but it feels off to me.

Take care guys, you dont know how much I appreciated the hard work you are doing hare! Amazing man!

Edit: not talking about Izunia...

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
By this time tmrw we should know everything about the DLC. Like people have been saying, Australia generally gets it almost a day earlier than most people.

This also means we should be seeing the patch really really soon as well (id say in the next 12-18 hours)

Takeshi Sendo

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
About Izunia...

If Ardyn and Somnus were brothers, maybe Izunia was their father.
Jajajajajaja you are about to enter in a looper, the day
the fathers name reveals and he is Charles (or any ordinary name and nothing about Izunia) then we could say Izunia maybe was Ardyns grandfather and so on!

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Maybe its only me but Im starting to see several plot holes, in the reestructured lore/story BD2 made from Versus/FFXV, they are trying to fix but that fix is worse than if you just leave these "plot holes" behind.

I dont just see it off that the Founder King is that one, never ever you see nor the story gives you any hint of that. Besides, the 12th previous kings are that, the last 12th and not that chronological and non sense time jump.
Not talking about his name, Storm maybe had the real answer and they tried to give a genesis to Insomnia but it feels off to me.

Take care guys, you dont know how much I appreciated the hard work you are doing hare! Amazing man!

I, so far, don't see the Founder King we know now to be a 'plot hole' to me, especially since we barely knew anything about the King of The Mystic when the game came out in 2016, perhaps we could get a better picture in Episode Ardyn, but we'll see, this is my opinion, though, and it would be a nice tie in to Insomnia to me.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland

that's not a problem imo, the story also doesnt give you any hints that Ardyn is a lucian from 2000 years ago.

to be a plot hole, the current information needs to contradict some information established before... and since we knew basically nothing about the founder king...

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014

There is no plot hole here, what the hell are you even talking about.

Well-Dressed Ginger

Balamb Garden Freshman
Feb 21, 2018
Wow! This is all very cool! Trust me, BD2 knows VERY well that the founder king not being named Izunia is going to confuse us. Do you actually think they just forgot? Obviously not. It’s clear that they are planning a big reveal in Episode Ardyn that will surprise us.

Takeshi Sendo

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
Forgive my English, I do not know how to say when you have to complete something (?) that you just have leave there. Not a plot hole, I want to refer when they are kind of improvising (?) To tie things up but that improvisations are a little hard to believe.

Again, sorry for my English. In fact is cool the name and until Storm said that about Insomnia I didnt realize about it.

Edit: of course Im sure the Izunia stuff will be revealed in his DLC.

Edit2: im just saying that for me that this King is the Founder King is hard to believe when, again, these 12th kings are supossed to be the last kings chronologically has no sense. Thats all. Sorry If I dont explain myself better.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Forgive my English, I do not know how to say when you have to complete something (?) that you just have leave there. Not a plot hole, I want to refer when they are kind of improvising (?) To tie things up but that improvisations are a little hard to believe.

Again, sorry for my English. In fact is cool the name and until Storm said that about Insomnia I didnt realize about it.
yeah like i said it might be an afterthought but that in itself it's not a problem, only if it breaks previous canon information.

Last edited:

Takeshi Sendo

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
yeah like i said it might be an afterthought but that in itself it's not a problem, only if it breaks previous information.
Exactly, thanks for understanding me jajaaja its sonfrustating for me. Of course it does not break anything its a matter of point of view and I find a little bit forced what they did with the Founder King due to chronological stuff.
Cheers man!

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
Izunia could be many people:
-Their father
-Bahamut's real name (Ardyn is taking the piss if that's the case xD)
-The name of that first oracle/woman in the cosmogeny book cover

Regardless, a nice leak! Cool how luna officially joins us. And I kek'd at Somnus, I'm sureee it was planned and not last minute SE aha

Last edited:

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018

Edit: of course Im sure the Izunia stuff will be revealed in his DLC.

Edit2: im just saying that for me that this King is the Founder King is hard to believe when, again, these 12th kings are supossed to be the last kings chronologically has no sense. Thats all. Sorry If I dont explain myself better.
Where does the game make mention that the Lucii we see in the game are the most recent in their line? The only thing resembling confirmation on this is Cor mentioning that many of the old royal tombs are lost, which if anything lends further credence to them being from random times.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Wow! This is all very cool! Trust me, BD2 knows VERY well that the founder king not being named Izunia is going to confuse us. Do you actually think they just forgot? Obviously not. It’s clear that they are planning a big reveal in Episode Ardyn that will surprise us.
Izunia was never stated as being Ardyn's brothers name, it was always just pure speculation.

For all we know Izunia could just be a random name Ardyn made up or could be the name of his old black chocobo. In the Japanese version of XV it's implied it doesn't matter where the name Izunia was from.