Everything FFXV Datamining Related

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
This is weird, so she'll basically not only will join the party but also will be playable, like i can switch to her? Probably biggest hint for her DLC if so.
When I had posted all of that last week, that was my assumption, that she "might" be playable in that last chapter. However, I feel like that will too short a time with her to justify being an added feature anyway, so it's very possible it will be an added feature either through episode Luna or we'll just get some non-canon ability to use her in fights.

DEMON

Balamb Garden Freshman
Mar 4, 2018
Not sure what makes you think that. Highly doubt Ardyn was the one who decided where his brother was buried and I'm pretty sure he didn't pick up the tomb and move it there. The Mystic probably just wanted his blade to be in a tough spot to get to. The Tall's was just chilling, visible from the road, and look what happened to his sword.
I think that because there was another tomb whereas it was in a different area than it was meant to be, the tomb turned out to be empty if you recall. I will have to replay the game on Tuesday to be sure of which one that was. I'm also pretty sure they were a bit shock to find a tomb out there.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I think that because there was another tomb whereas it was in a different area than it was meant to be, the tomb turned out to be empty if you recall. I will have to replay the game on Tuesday to be sure of which one that was. I'm also pretty sure they were a bit shock to find a tomb out there.
His brother's tomb wasnt empty, you get the Blade of the Mystic right before Titan destroys the whole area.

I think you are confusing that with the optional Sword of the Tall, which isn't found the tomb but in Costlemark Tower.

DEMON

Balamb Garden Freshman
Mar 4, 2018
His brother's tomb wasnt empty, you get the Blade of the Mystic right before Titan destroys the whole area.

I think you are confusing that with the optional Sword of the Tall, which isn't found the tomb but in Costlemark Tower.
Maybe I was wrong, but it just looked moved to me, and I always thought it was a tomb that was moved. It's probably because of the location it is in.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Maybe I was wrong, but it just looked moved to me, and I always thought it was a tomb that was moved. It's probably because of the location it is in.
Oh, damn thinking about it now, yeah it's not housed in a tomb i think? It's just the coffin that's there.

You might be on to something

Edit: Nvmd, @Loganight showed that there was a tomb there, a very old tomb

Last edited:

DEMON

Balamb Garden Freshman
Mar 4, 2018
Oh, damn thinking about it now, yeah it's not housed in a tomb i think? It's just the coffin that's there.

You might be on to something
Yes, that's what I've been getting at mainly. It could be its tomb has been ruined but they were surprised to find one there of all places, I guess there may be added dialogue to explain this more.

Mar 5, 2018
if she's playable it would be sad to only be able to play as her in that insomnia scene (?), but i guess it's better than nothing.
Well I've been lurking in here FOREVER, but I'd registered to contribute a bit.

I have discovered in the comrades' save file that Ravus and Luna have been added silently to the newest 1.1.1 patch, there's finally a chunk of data dedicated to both of them. Prior to that, we had the same sort of chunk dedicated to Noct, Gladio, Prompto, Ignis, Iris, Aranea, Cor, Umbra, Ardyn, Gentiana and Titan.

DEMON

Balamb Garden Freshman
Mar 4, 2018
His place is maybe so ruined because of the frequent earthquakes that Titan can cause? As the other Kings aren't that far off him, and most of their tombs have remained in tact (much safer locations).

Edit; Looking at a video, that seems like one big tomb the founder King had compared to others, those ruins are all around the place, so I dunno, we shall see when Royal Edition comes out, what's the case with this.

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I wonder if
There will be a new remix of Somnus for the Mystic's fight, similar to Somnus Ultima that plays at the end.
I hope so!!!

The more remixes of that song, the better.

The name being that has me scratching my head. You read the lyrics of the song and they make sense with the ending of the final game even after 10 years. That being that character's name just feels really off. It makes absolutely 0 sense to me.
I’m going to have to agree with this.

As someone else said, it’s like a new thing they’re putting into the game. It’s kinda odd.

Well so long as it doesn’t contradict the story I guess I’m cool with it.

@DEMON your profile pic... I can’t even... lol xD

Feb 19, 2018
His place is maybe so ruined because of the frequent earthquakes that Titan can cause? As the other Kings aren't that far off him, and most of their tombs have remained in tact (much safer locations).
I'm thinking Somnus' tomb was there before Titan and the meteor. Thinking about it, it makes sense that maybe Ardyn brought down the meteor to destroy his brother's tomb as well as the kingdom before Titan caught it and in the process saved everyone but not without heavy damage to the tomb.

Last edited:

DEMON

Balamb Garden Freshman
Mar 4, 2018
I'm thinking Somnus' tomb was there before Titan and the meteor. Thinking about it, it makes sense that maybe Ardyn brought down the meteor to destroy his brother's tomb as well as the kingdom before Titan caught it and in the process saved everyone but not without heavy damage to the tomb.
Wasn't the meteors kind of what started the starscourge in the first place though? I really do hope Royal Edition and the upcoming DLC clears some stuff up about the backstory.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Wasn't the meteors kind of what started the starscourge in the first place though? I really do hope Royal Edition and the upcoming DLC clears some stuff up about the backstory.
I think the German translation was the only one that made mention of it originating from there, but I wouldn't doubt that it came from there. I have a feeling Ardyn's episode will totally cover all of this.

Feb 19, 2018
As far as I'm aware the actual origin was never really specified except for maybe in the German version though I'm mostly taking Paper's word for that one as I haven't looked into it myself. For all we know it could've come from the depths of the earth, traveled through space on its own, or evolved from another life form. So we don't know for sure as the English version doesn't mention it and the German version is the first I've heard of it being elaborated on. Like Paper said only Ardyn's story can really give us concrete answers on this matter. Though Somnus' tomb placement is me just using logic, I doubt a king would be laid to rest in a spot where his grave is in danger of being destroyed unless said destruction happened later as an unforseen event. His tomb is dead in the middle of Lucis too so it's more likely there due to symbolism than because of Titan's presence. The ruins of his tomb also seemed bigger than the rest of the tombs as well. Like it legit had a big hallway leading to the central chamber whereas every other king just had a modestly tiny dome to rest in. Anyways I hope to see more of Lucis' history told to us over the course of these next 4 big DLCs.

Last edited: