1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

- Everything we know about FFXV -

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by Arcana, Sep 29, 2013.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Squirrel Emperor

Squirrel Emperor Nuts Staff Member Moderator

Final Fantasy: The Last Dance

Has a nice ring to it! :)

2. Tornak

Tornak ShinRa SOLDIER

I'm also most interested in exploration and man, watching that city and map last year was a blast.

I've been dying to see more about the world map, but specially about the cities and towns. It's something I miss so much, exploring the landmarks, entering people's houses and castles, talking with villagers and doing sidequests or just enjoying their conversations and the lore.

Accordo is HUGE, and I'm really intrigued as to how much of it we'll be able to explore, I cannot imagine. About Lucis, I guess the castle (they confirmed it when it was Versus) and some sorroundings (like those streets in the 2011 trailer), but given how massive it is and (supposedly, sure) that it's going to be invaded (and Noctis' gang is on the run), I don't think it'll be very significant, and that's actually alright.

BTW, wasn't there going to be a city based on Manchester? That'd be weird, I don't think it's a very remarkable city (and isn't Lucis the only modern city? maybe they're going with an older Manchester).

3. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

I think you are talking about Tenebrae. Not much info has been has been publicized about the place only but it is the country where Stella is from. I would definitely like to see a complex level design in the Kingdom of Lucis.

4. Tornak

Tornak ShinRa SOLDIER

Yeah, that might be it, I didn't know it was confirmed what city that would be.

I hope the world is fleshed out and, specially, have a right scale. Having four/cities in the entire world might have been alright before, but now I wouldn't want that, would feel too ridiculous and silly. The XII's Ivalice aproach (but more open and seamless, sure) is what I want, a world that feels big even if we don't necessary travel to all of its locations. That's why I'm hoping we see exploration soon, specially airships and cars, to know how many continents/islands/whatever will be accesible.

And I just realized a random unrelated thought: the fact that we haven't even seen moogles or chocobos yet is so, so depressing and telling lol.

5. Wazi the pa

That's probably Square's secret weapon when revealing the next update for XV, Kupo!
    Plus for exploration, I'm pretty sure there was an interview saying there wasn't going to be airships in the game but exploration is a big factor in the game, so expect chocobo riding as well! Kweh!

6. Crystal Power

Crystal Power ShinRa SOLDIER

This may be a bit random, but when the game was titled VersusXIII it was said that many of the games scenes were switched from pre-rendered to real-time. As a result of that the Noctis and Stella meeting scene was real-time now and a clip was shown in a new trailer, Just that one new clip didn't feel right, the way Stella hair gracefully flew as she turned to see Noctis was flat and dull as was her movements. If switching to real-time did that to hair I'm afraid how dull it might make scenes that would have looked pretty awesome.

Has it been said in any interview that the scenes are going back to pre-rendered since the game has been re-branded?

7. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

No, they have not. That 7:3 cutscenes/fmv ratio may have changed for all we know.

8. Crystal Power

Phooey! I hope the game is being treated differently that now it's Final Fantasy XV.

9. Jenova

Jenova ShinRa SOLDIER

Even though the game didn't go down that route, I'm positive the music will still be integral to the experience. Nomura likely hand picked Yoko Shimomura for that every reason.

10. Orenji

Orenji PSICOM Soldier

This comes to mind... (Yoko Shimomura's music here)

Crystal Power likes this.
  11. Wazi the pa

Two words: Dearly Beloved.

Crystal Power likes this.
  12. somni

somni Yevonite

I undoubtedly agree. Man just listening to Drammatica made me even more excited to hear XV's soundtrack. Very beautiful and intense music. Her more dramatic tracks have a sense of urgency to them.

13. Crystal Power

YES!! <3

I love Parasite Eve music. I actually prefer it more than the music she did in Kingdom Hearts. Don't misunderstand I do love Kingdom Hearts music too, but I'm hoping the music in Final Fantasy XV will be more similar to Parasite Eve rather than Kingdom Hearts. Since FFXV is a more dark game like Parasite Eve.

14. Arcana

Arcana Yevonite

There are also other areas in Lucis like VallisAcerba and NihilSomno that we might be able to explore. But just the main building and the streets make it fairly expansive from the looks of it. Would be awesome fun warping around there.

And dunno about that Manchester area, as a legit source for that is hard to find. If anyone finds it in some old interview, do let me know.

15. Tornak

Tornak ShinRa SOLDIER

Yeah, I remember those from the CGI trailer. Also, is this a park/forest/whatever inside the city? [​IMG]
    I wish that, whenever they finally stop being so ridiculously secretive, they show/talk about cities and what you'll be able to do there. A proper FF should have cities, huge and charismatic. Lucis is basically Tokyo, yeah (that's the intention, though), but Accordo looks so fucking beautiful... and full of fantasy and magic, because such city would be impossible in our world, lol.

Oh, and yes, the thing about the Manchester-inspired place is that I haven't been able to find the direct source, but I have seen many people (people I usually trust when it comes to this) taking it for granted, or legit at the time, at least. So who knows.

16. masterlobo

masterlobo PSICOM Soldier

Demo in 2015.

[​IMG]

17. masterlobo

masterlobo PSICOM Soldier

We need to update first post so badly now...

or make a new thread.

18. Arcana

Arcana Yevonite

I'll do it this weekend.

masterlobo likes this.
  19. Crystal Power

Wow, that was unexpected. I didn't even know you were still active here! Well nonetheless this is awesome! :)

EDIT: I meant after the updates, because I haven't seen you. But then again I don't see everything that happens here. ^^;;

20. Leonhart

Leonhart Yevonite

OMG, just found this topic now... Do you guys need to stop creating a lot of different topics for FFXV and focus just on this one.
    Now I have 17 pages to read and look if it had more new info that I missed.
    Let me if I can catch you until tomorrow.

[​IMG]

(If I'm not wrong we will have a new stream tuesday, let's try to focus the conversation in one place)

Crystal Power and Orenji like this.
Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!