- Everything we know about FFXV -

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Sep 26, 2013
Anyone notice that Noctis glows when he casts the fire spell on the Behemoth? It's a cool and pretty little effect that I quite enjoyed.

More importantly, the glow's color seems to be very similar to something we haven't seen from Noctis in a long time. Namely, his glyph.

I was starting to wonder where Stella and Noctis' glyphs had gone, and started to suspect that they'd been cut altogether. The glow though makes me think that they're still in and have a significance yet to be revealed. They seem to definitely be related to the crystal, though- which makes Stella's glyph and its conflicting color to Noctis' incredibly interesting. The same color aura appearing around Noctis when he casts magic really seems to cement that it's crystal related. Does that mean that Stella is connected to a crystal? We know that Noctis retains his crystal power after his crystal is taken away, so Stella might even have power from a crystal that has been lost or destroyed.

Skye

Red Wings Commander
Sep 26, 2013
Anyone notice that Noctis glows when he casts the fire spell on the Behemoth? It's a cool and pretty little effect that I quite enjoyed.

More importantly, the glow's color seems to be very similar to something we haven't seen from Noctis in a long time. Namely, his glyph.

I was starting to wonder where Stella and Noctis' glyphs had gone, and started to suspect that they'd been cut altogether. The glow though makes me think that they're still in and have a significance yet to be revealed. They seem to definitely be related to the crystal, though- which makes Stella's glyph and its conflicting color to Noctis' incredibly interesting. The same color aura appearing around Noctis when he casts magic really seems to cement that it's crystal related. Does that mean that Stella is connected to a crystal? We know that Noctis retains his crystal power after his crystal is taken away, so Stella might even have power from a crystal that has been lost or destroyed.
After reading this, is it possible that Stella
wanted that crystal as well? is this the reason why they're fighting each other?

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
Some news out today suggesting FF15 won't launch until fiscal year 2015 - which would be April 2015 through to March 2016. So... a 2016 date starts to look likely.

That'll be a full decade! Christ alive.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Some news out today suggesting FF15 won't launch until fiscal year 2015 - which would be April 2015 through to March 2016. So... a 2016 date starts to look likely.

I don't know about its legitimacy, but the date seems appropriate with reasonable expectations. At this point, no one can think the game is releasing this year.

Sep 26, 2013

I was expecting a 2015 date for sure, I hope that piece of news means mid 2015 rather than mid 2016. I can't seem to find it anywhere, though, would you be able to show me where I can see it myself?

I was never expecting FFXV before 2015 anyway, but it does raise the question still of what SE is banking on in terms of high profile titles for this upcoming fiscal year.

I know they will likely be pushing out Dragon Quest for mobiles at least in Japan, and there's Thief from Eidos for the western side, but otherwise are further updates to FFX|V and a Kingdom Hearts HD Remaster going to be enough for them in the 2014 fiscal year? At the very least I'm expecting this stopgap year to at least be the genuine beginning of hype season as SE will have to start flushing out more FFXV updates and trailers steadily.

masterlobo

Red Wings Commander
Oct 23, 2013
What worries me is that the more time it takes, the more money it will be expected to make. I mean, they are paying hundreds of employees every day to make this game. Programmers, artists, musicians, voice actors, etc. etc. etc.

I mean, how much do you guys think FFXV has to sell in order to be profitable?

Sep 26, 2013
I suppose it depends on how much they get out of this project. SE has suffered a lot of fan backlash in the recent past, enough so that they chose to make XIII-2 with complaints in mind. I've never seen them do that before. And let's not forget the debacle that was XIV before it evolved into a good game. If XV is the title that puts them back on the map as the top dog of JRPGs and nets them the goodwill of their fans again, that alone might be worth every year they spent on this project. We also shouldn't forget that everything points at SE developing XV with sequels in mind- sequels that even if they maintain the quality of a mainline Final Fantasy will be much cheaper and faster to make. If XV takes off as a successful compilation in itself, it could be worth more than the sum of its parts.

We'll see, though. XIII's sequels certainly didn't see many sales compared to their core titles, and even if XV is amazing and loved I have to wonder if its sequels would suffer similar issues. Whatever the case, XV being developed with sequels already decided upon is something I find very encouraging.

EDIT: And I still would like to see the news that points to a possible 2016 release, if anyone is able to provide.

One thing to really note is that it seems like the machines in the behemoth's backs are magical in nature, judging by the glow emanating off of the one on the striped behemoth. That's a really interesting implication for the Niflheim forces; perhaps this is how they utilize the stolen crystals? Could more advanced magical weaponry be inserted into monsters? It looks like the striped behemoth is entering some kind of powered-up berserk state thanks to its device, but prior trailers (as pointed out by somni) show behemoths with different devices implanted into them. More advanced weaponry? Very cool implications.

I'm also not completely convinced the iron giants don't have some sort of machinery on them- the glowing dots on their arms seem suspect- but I agree with the post speculating that they seemed more disciplined and soldier-like than the behemoths. After all, they do use weapons. The nature of the Niflheim army- with the iron giants, mechanically-controlled behemoths and soldiers that might not be human- is absolutely fascinating. Just what are they doing with those crystals?
Probably the Behemoths in the wild (as seen in the 2011 trailer and mentioned in an interview shortly after the trailer was uploaded) are supposed to be smaller than the ones seen in the city areas, and that's because those behemoths aren't magically enhanced (hints point to the crystals stolen by Niflheim). Ahh I know what you did there, Nomura and trailers. :cookie:

My question has always been why is it taking so much¿ Was it a mistake to announce the game back in 2006¿ What's happening inside the company to take almost a full decade to release a game with little to no info other than a few trailers¿. Hell, back like a year ago I remember some tweets by our Kagari (Nova Crystallis) talking about rumors on the game being vaporware or completely cancelled. Some developers take only months to make a game; Infinity Ward, Treyarch, EA Sports but surely this case is no what's common.

I believe XV spent several years on hiatus and who knows¿ maybe it WAS cancelled only to be reborn again recently.

somni

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 26, 2013
7+ years since it's original announcement, with a subsequent 2+ brutal years of silence. Not to mention, XV being anticipated by so many gamers, ranking high in 'most wanted' lists.
One would think that the folks at SQEX would finally get their priorities straight. Especially since they themselves have admitted that the Final Fantasy brand has been tainted, and is in need of salvaging.
Fuck a committee, set out developing bold and creative games, showcase them, then release them. It's been a long time since Square was the darling of the industry, and they ought to stop playing ignorant to the fact.

What makes it really annoying, was having Nomura promise that we would indeed see an influx of XV updates. That "the silence is broken" or whatever. I can respect the fact that XV is the most ambitious single player FF yet, and genuine quality does take time to bring to fruition. Though it would be nice for them to deliver on those promises. There may be hype, but it's not written in stone yet. Show it off some more, make an effort to convince or excite gamers. Give the people what they want the most, it's not like they'd be loosing out from doing so.

It's situations like these that make me even more excited to see this "Final Fantasy Killer" that Sony is apparently developing for the PS4. Just to make SQEX sweat.

7+ years since it's original announcement, with a subsequent 2+ brutal years of silence. Not to mention, XV being anticipated by so many gamers, ranking high in 'most wanted' lists.
One would think that the folks at SQEX would finally get their priorities straight. Especially since they themselves have admitted that the Final Fantasy brand has been tainted, and is in need of salvaging.
Fuck a committee, set out developing bold and creative games, showcase them, then release them. It's been a long time since Square was the darling of the industry, and they ought to stop playing ignorant to the fact.

What makes it really annoying, was having Nomura promise that we would indeed see an influx of XV updates. That "the silence is broken" or whatever. I can respect the fact that XV is the most ambitious single player FF yet, and genuine quality does take time to bring to fruition. Though it would be nice for them to deliver on those promises. There may be hype, but it's not written in stone yet. Show it off some more, make an effort to convince or excite gamers. Give the people what they want the most, it's not like they'd be loosing out from doing so.

It's situations like these that make me even more excited to see this "Final Fantasy Killer" that Sony is apparently developing for the PS4. Just to make SQEX sweat.
To be the optimistic member here I believe there will be an influx of info once the PS4 reach Japanese shores. I'm crossing my fingers at the slightest possibility here.

qualitydisc

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Jan 25, 2014
What makes it really annoying, was having Nomura promise that we would indeed see an influx of XV updates. That "the silence is broken" or whatever.
Square Enix is VERY careful not to step on their own toes when it comes to new releases. They don't want to release too much news on a future release when there is already a new release on the market. They don't want to cannibalize their own sales. I believe that's why Kingdom Hearts HD got a fall release and FFX HD is getting a spring release.

Once Lightning Returns has been out for a month or so in North America, I'm hoping for a lot of new FFXV info.

somni

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 26, 2013
See, I would've believed that was the case in the past, but I feel that's not entirely true. Because they've shown off Lightning Returns side by side with XIV. They've shown off many of their titles simultaneously. That mentality makes sense in theory, but my point is they have several games that appeal to different crowds. It wouldn't take away from anything by showcasing the next single player mainline FF game. Especially when they have nothing else as anticipated on the horizon (save for KH III). They should capitalize on that.

Plus it's a bold new direction for Final Fantasy, with XV being an 'open-world ARPG'. I'm sure many are either very eager to see more, uncertain about the concepts and would like to get more of a proper look, or feel the changes are for the worse. Personally, I fall between the eager and uncertain.

I'm sure many would agree that 7 years is a long ass time, a lot happens in 7 years. For as long as we've known about this game's existence, we still haven't seen how vehicle travel works or have expansive the world will be. Or even how the mechanics of the battle system actually work. I'm just tired of using my imagination at this point. I'm sold for the most part, but would really appreciate finally seeing what the game actually plays like, since we still have yet to play it for ourselves.

Last edited:

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
It's better to be pessimistic with the release date of this game, you know? Expecting it to be released as far as 2016, that way; you'll be pleased if the game is released earlier. After all, no one in 2006 would believe this game was not going to be released after 7 years.