Fabula Nova Crystallis storyline questions (spoilers)

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

TRI Mike

ShinRa SOLDIER
I finally managed to finish Lightning Returns and there's a lot of things I just didn't understand from the plot. Especially the ending. I'm just gonna list a few of the doubts I have regarding the world of FBC.

1) Why was Yeul alive in the ending¿ I though her (all of them) and Caius decided to stay in the Chaos because she was the reason for it to exist, given the contradictions of each Yeul regarding Caius' wishes.

2) Was there a reason for Fang and Vanille to randomly awaken from the crystal stasis¿ They never seemed to have explained this. Also, why was only Vanille the one able to listen to the souls of the dead inside the Chaos¿

3) Why did Bhunivelze look like Hope just before the ending¿ It seemed rather lame given that just seconds later he showed his true form to Lightning.

4) If Lightning was supposed to take Etro's place as a goddess in the new world, why is she in a train in the after-credits scene¿ Also this brings me to...

5) It that world Earth¿ I suppose it's implied that the new world Bhunivelze makes is the real world. It has normal-looking landscapes and cars and Lightning's outfit is just like what most girls wear today.

6) What happened to the NORA guys¿ Hope's dad¿ Lightning's partner in the military¿ Ever since the first game they showed them but ultimately forgot they existed.

Alleo

Yevonite
Nov 25, 2013
Didn´t you have another thread about questions of Lightning returns? You could have posted them there ^^;; I try to answer your question but the answer are only how I saw it. (Who knows maybe that´s wrong ^^;;)) I will put them in spoilers since I don´t know if we can already talk about it without them. Should a answer be wrong then it would be nice if others could correct it. :)

1. It was a little strange but I think that Caius was able to free her thanks to his new power as a death god ;) I think that she wanted to stay with Noel and since she was the last of the Yeul (she was one of the only humans left in Noels future) maybe that gave her special power? But I think that it comes down to Caius freeing her from her fate thanks to his new powers.
2. Nobody knows how long someone stays in crystal stasis. But in this case I think that it was something Bhunivelze did ;) I do not know if she received her power only from the crystal stasis or if he gave her the power. But since she felt so guilty of killing people she wanted to do the soulsong. Maybe Bhunivelze felt her guilt and wanted to use her to get rid of all the souls and that´s why they were freed. (Or maybe their time was simply up). Because she got that strange new power and that´s why she was able to hear them. ;) I do think that they talked about it ingame.
3. He is a divine being and with that he has no real body on earth. That´s why he had to use Hope as his little puppet in the cathedral (and before that). After going through the last door the last part of the world was gone and Lightning was in another realm. There he was able to show up in his true form. He was still talking through him for a short time but he did destroy Hope´s body. (His soul was lost a little while ago)
4. Because Caius and the Yeuls stayed back to do her task. In a way Caius is the new death god. With this the new souls could be reborn and Lightning was free to go with her friends. Without Caius and Yeul it would have been her.
5. There is a high chance that this is our earth (since they flew past mars and the moon) but we don´t know it for 100%. Since we only saw one small part of the city we can´t be sure if its our earth or just something similiar. Square Enix sadly seems to not want to answer that questions because everything they said was kinda vague. There is a thread in this forum called "Some pictures from Lightning Returns Ultimania". There was a question about this but sadly no real answer..So in a way you can chose it yourself. In my headcannon it just something way similiar. ;)
6. Don´t want to sound mean or anything but this was something that was part of XIII-2. Serah and Noel where 500 years in the future when the chaos came in and destroyed the time. They are all long dead at the beginning of Lightning returns. Since Light was able to save a lot of souls (or all`?) they should be reborn in the new world but they were already dead at the end of the second game. Only the main characters survived thanks to them making their way to the future. (Light was in Valhalla where there is no time, Vanille and Fang were frozen in crystal stasis. Sazh and his son where in that chasino world and were lucky to come out right at the time of the last battle ;) and Snow was traveling through time thanks to being a L´Cie again but was stuck in the Colosseum. And Hope built himself a time machine.)

Hopefully my answers are right (some things are always a little confusing). :) There is also a nice final fantasy wika (I know that not everything must be true there too) but it really helps. =)