1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Famitsu Interview with Tetsuya Nomura (KHIII, Chi, 3D and more)

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts Discussion' started by Squirrel Emperor, Sep 24, 2014.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Squirrel Emperor

Squirrel Emperor Nuts Staff Member Moderator

Famitsu Interview with Tetsuya Nomura KH3 Chi 3D and Costumes
    Full interview. http://www.kh2.co.uk/kingdom-hearts-3/news/full-nomura-interview-from-famitsu.php

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  2. Joshua

Joshua PSICOM Soldier

All encouraging to hear. Osaka has a lot to offer if they can pull of this transition to Ps4 with KH3.

3. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

[​IMG]

4. Takoyaki

Takoyaki Red Wings Commander

Nomura what?

5. Squirrel Emperor

I noticed the site updated this bit. It's a bit more clear now.

Put it in the op.

6. Takoyaki

That is some bad luck right there.

7. Squirrel Emperor

Nomura's probably thinking, "Oh fuck! Not again!"

8. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Chocobo Knight

Wait, WTF is Kingdom Hearts chi? Don't tell me they're making yet another spin-off...

Now, I haven't played BBS, but it sounds like Nomura is trying to incorporate weapon changing system into KH3. This game's combat may turn out to be what he originally intended for FF versus XIII.

Now I'm waiting to see Sora warp with a Keyblade :cool:

9. Fleur

Fleur Red Wings Commander

Does anything go right in Square-Enix these days except for Yoshi-P's department?

An existing Japan-only spinoff game for PC browsers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Takoyaki

Can't wait for Tae Yasue to save the day! /s

Though I'm a bit confused, porting seems to be going fine for XV... why is KH3 having trouble rendering?

11. Tornak

Tornak ShinRa SOLDIER

There might be various reasons: this is (according to them) the first game fully using Luminous, while XV is still a mix between Ebony (custom engine) and Luminous.

There is also the shader thing. There might be some problem trying to create so many different shaders for every world.

Or maybe it's just a matter of getting used to it (and the Osaka Team has developed for portables for a long time, and this is a new gen).

I hope Luminous (as in, a game using it completely) doesn't become Crystal Tools 2. That engine alone was source of sooooo many sad things last gen...

12. Takoyaki

From my understanding, isn't the goal to transition to Luminous? or do you mean the assets were already built up and KH3 is from the ground up.

I think it might be the shader & lighting. (Though I'm not a fan of what I saw in the KH3 videos so far)

13. Tornak

Tornak ShinRa SOLDIER

I think it's their intention if everything goes alright, but I don't think they'll fully do it, some of the skelleton of Ebony will always remain. But I don't understand much about this, so I don't know (the good news is that they have really improved it compared to E3: it was still very PS3-ish there and now it looks really impresive).

And yeah, I think it has to be the shaders and lightning. I actually liked how (artistically) those videos looked, they seem a natural progression of the series to HD and the shader thing is really exciting.

But that was a reaaaaally early build (if anything), so we basically know nothing about how it'll look!

14. Squirrel Emperor

Doesn't seem like it. Development just never sounds like it goes smoothly anymore for them.

15. Wazi the pa

Don't be. Those videos are to show whatever early concept work and engines they have done so far for the game. No straight conclusions can be made out of them.
    However, the story tease on the E3 2013 2.5 HD ReMIX trailer...... That's all we got.

16. LeonBlade

LeonBlade Forest Owl Staff Member Moderator Site Staff

If they are having engine issues, it's probably just their current state of development. I'm glad to see that Nomura outright says, yeah we're having some troubles here, but we are working on the scenario work in the meantime at full force.

By the way, after hearing more about the transition with Tabata becoming the director over the course of those few years and seeing Nomura giving interviews about engine problems... it's pretty safe to say that he isn't going anywhere... and that the director swap was just something they planned and came off in a bad way.

Tani likes this.
  17. Wazi the pa

I kinda expected the director swap knowing that I believe Tetsuya Nomura would have too much work on his hands working on another big project once XV is done and dealt with. This just means we will see Kingdom Hearts III earlier than expected.

18. Takoyaki

I hope so. It's just it looks like a weird mix of realistic and cartoonish?

19. Wazi the pa

Their 'Kingdom Shader' engine is what's needed to make Kingdom Hearts look cartoonish. Obviously their engine is still a work in progress judging by the footage. This recent update tells us that as well.

Takoyaki likes this.
  20. Tani

Tani Yevonite

Damn reading this made me excited again! It was rather obvious that the remarks about Frozen was a part of miscommunication. I would like to know more about how the storylines of 3 and Chi are closely associated with each other.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!