Favorite kid protagonists in FF? (The Children of Final Fantasy)

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Machina Prince

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Jan 31, 2015
As the title says, whose your favorite pint-sized character in the Final Fantasy series and why?
The Kid protagonist is, as the name implies, a child. The exact age varies up and down the scale, from 8 to 15, but they're never an adult by whatever the local standards are. The "base age" seems to be between 10 and 14 or thereabouts, though their numeric age may not be revealed.

Personally..
I enjoyed playing as Vivi in FFIX, his story was pretty deep for a Final Fantasy child protagonist. As for FFXIII I would've loved to see a teen Dajh in it's sequels FFXIII-2 and Lightning returns, which was a huge missed opportunity imo. The twin mages Palom and Porom in FFIV were humorous, their yin and yang persona was golden and let's not forget Shinra from FFX-2.
If you're having trouble remembering any of the children/teens in the series then this should refresh your memory. (Funny enough this video inspired me to make this thread)

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Kid protagonist ..... there aren't many in the serie.
Well i choose Rikku, if her 15 years old and average breast are still valid as kid.
91ba801cbeabf91ef0c15aa01bfce95a.jpg

Sioux

Yevonite
UFFSite Veteran
Oct 7, 2013
Rosebud, SD
I seriously can't just pick one. There are several names that come to mind that not only were heroes as children but, were actually integral parts of the plot of their respective games.

Vivi comes to mind immediately but, so does Rydia. Relm, although, not as vital per say, is one of the more colorful child characters in the series. I suppose the Twins from IV get a mention given their sacrifice but, I liked Rydia more.

Fin

Clan Centurio Member
UFFSite Veteran
Nov 22, 2013
Kanagawa, Japan
Vivi is my favorite character in all of Final Fantasy so it goes without saying that he's my favorite "kid" character as well.

Definitely Vivi, with Palom and Porom as runner-ups. Man, I really should finish IX...
Though she does technically qualify, I wouldn't call Rikku a child. For some reason I never thought about how old she might be, so I didn't realize she was younger than Yuna, but that makes sense. Regardless, I'd still put Vivi and the twins ahead of her. :p Also I completely forgot about Rydia being so young, but again, through most of the game she behaves much older due to PLOT STUFF, so it's hard to imagine her being a kid.