FF15 delayed? Rumor

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Is it delayed?

• Yes

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • Cancelled like Stella

Votes: 9 22.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AniketosDrakon

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Aug 13, 2016
We don't really know the accurate state of the game, if it needs a delay, I want a delay, if it doesn't, then I can't wait for September 30th, either way I can't wait, and I really trust Square to make the best decision for their fans. This is a massive game and a delay doesn't come as a surprise, one small issue can take a long time to resolve in game design.

Sep 26, 2013
Pretty much. This situation is coming eerily similar.
Every time something like this happens, people bury their heads in the sand rather than admit that something bad is happening with a project they enjoy... But the official statement will come soon enough. A delay won't be anything but beneficial so I fail to see why so many seem to think it's awful news.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Every time something like this happens, people bury their heads in the sand rather than admit that something bad is happening with a project they enjoy... But the official statement will come soon enough. A delay won't be anything but beneficial so I fail to see why so many seem to think it's awful news.
It's because people want the game really bad and don't like the idea of the delay getting in the way. I agree that the more time they spend on the game the better. I don't think pushing it back to next year is smart though... but two months is completely acceptable.

Aug 13, 2016
I just read Kotaku's comments on the rumoured delay this morning and their interview with Tabata at E3 brings something up that i think is worth mentioning:

Schreier: How has the optimization been going? There’s so much going on and there are so many graphical effects that it must be tough to get a stable framerate on consoles.

Tabata: I’m not gonna lie, that is a very difficult thing. It’s hard work. It’s troubling us doing that. If we just said ‘we’re gonna cut this off to make it better,’ that could be quite easy, but we really don’t want to do that. We’ve been keeping some people waiting about ten years for this game now, so we really don’t want to cut anything. For example, we could take away the number of enemies who appear at once or cut down the number of effects on screen—it would be very easy to optimize it then, but we don’t want to do that.

It must be hard work for Tabata, he obviously wants to make it the best it can be without sacrificing on performance. There is a lot riding on this game for Square Enix and two months in the grand scheme of things isn't that bad. While i'm obviously disappointed, i've slept on it and i'm starting to view this as a positive thing. As i've said before, i'd rather the game to be the best it can be, rather than rushed through the door and for it not to perform properly.

There's Brotherhood and Kingsglaive to tide us over, then plenty of games coming out in the coming months (including playstation VR!). My December and Christmas will then consist of FFXV and KH 2.8. I can't ask for a much better christmas than that.

Nye

PSICOM Soldier
Jul 17, 2016
I've slept on it too and I am alright with the delay, I am just still not convinced Nov. 29 is the best date to release this game. There is just too much competition and with how FF is being perceived lately I don't think its gonna stand much of a chance. I'd imagine only outstanding reviews are what's going to save this game, given of how much is riding on it. I'd very much rather they delay it to 2017 at this point, just iron out and polish what needs work on, maybe even improve IQ while they're at it. But anyway, if they do settle for Nov, I hope the game delivers and exceeds expectations, they have so many great ideas, I hope they implement them well.

Also, there NEEDS to be a Neo bundle with this delay, and a kickass trailer that gets people on the hype wagon again. Maybe they should call Nomura for that, lol.

Aug 13, 2016
Maybe Square are preparing a trailer for next week at Gamescon to soften the blow. I also had a thought about the DLC, how awesome it would be if they based it on versus XIII and called it an alternate reality. Even if it's just a few hours long, they could even bring Stella back and have Noctis in his Versus attire. That probably is too much wishful thinking though haha

Aug 13, 2016
If it's confirmed, it's nothing to be sad about. More time for them to optimise the game, more time for us to appreciate Kingsglaive, which took them three years to make and everything feels better during holiday season.

TwoDotsO

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 30, 2016
It's unbelievable how hostile or disillusioned some people are getting over at the reddit subs due to this.

I understand wanting to play the game so badly, but wanting that more than having a complete and polished game...

I feel bad for those who took days of work and what not, but to be fair that's never a smart thing to do for release dates.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
Jesus! People getting hostile and malicious over this should seek mental help. It's two months and I'm certain it's for polishing and tweaking the overall game. Taking days off of work and what not is already doing to much.

Like man, read a book. Go take a walk at the park. Count the stars...

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
I hope Tabata is very clear about the state of the game if rumour is true:

-game runs like shit on consoles we need to optimise A LOT
-game play mechanics not working as we envisioned. Need to make a lot of changes to the battle system and AI
-Have to downgrade certain aspects of the game to make it run better
-therfore a delay for 2 months would help us. We will TRY to make it for Nov 29th but can't guarantee

AverageAfro

PSICOM Soldier
Aug 3, 2016
I hope Tabata is very clear about the state of the game if rumour is true:

-game runs like shit on consoles we need to optimise A LOT
-game play mechanics not working as we envisioned. Need to make a lot of changes to the battle system and AI
-Have to downgrade certain aspects of the game to make it run better
-therfore a delay for 2 months would help us. We will TRY to make it for Nov 29th but can't guarantee
Just delay it indefinitely, otherwise people are just going to move their plans to the 29th and then when they push it back again more people are going to be pissed off.

Under promise over deliver.

TwoDotsO

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 30, 2016
I don't think it's feasible or rational to delay it indefinitely.

Delaying it for many months due to needing the time to deliver a proper product is actually something that's commendable, rather than rushing a broken product out. But if they come out and state that they have no idea how long they still need to work on it while they're 45ish days away from the planned release, they'll cause the industry, fans, and shareholders to loose confidence in the product all together.

I'd rather want them to come out and state they need half a year or even a year, or any other realistic amount, than delaying it indefinitely. If companies always have to account for possible temper tantrums by fans, they'd never be able to give out solid release dates.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
OK, we don't need to overcompensate for the people on the net freaking out by being do ok with a delay that we love delays and hope it's delayed until 2018, lol.

And there's no reason to suspect the game is in complete disarray, either. It's pretty super common to see a delay in any major game. If they're asking for 2 more months, they're not revamping the battle system or anything. It just means it's taking longer than hoped to get it finished up. They set a lofty goal to keep the devs busting their butts, but I have to think that date only would have happened if everything went perfectly. Since that's rare, it didn't, and they needed more time to polish.

TwoDotsO

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 30, 2016
I agree that we don't need to overcompensate. But we shouldn't assume that the delay is only due to the need of a bit of polish either.

We don't exactly know the reasons for the alleged delay. If it's merely 2 months, then that's indeed not a lot of development time and therefore would imply the need for some extra polish. But it would be bad if they underestimate the extra time they need and would delay the game for a second time.

TwoDotsO

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 30, 2016

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
There's nothing much to explain, just put a
"The game hasn't reached the level of quality yet that we wanted to reach so we have to delay it for an additional several weeks to offer you the experience that we always had in mind." letter out,

There's not much else to it. They had a deadline and they couldn't keep it because that's fucking game development, especially on a scope like this. No one is happy about this, and especially not the team who's probably doing countless overtimes in the past and still following months to reach that date but it's what it is and we should all respect that descision and also be glad that SE is willing to give them some extra time instead of shipping the game in an unfinished state.

@indefinitely delaying:
Indefinitely delaying something is inherently bad, especially if you already had a date it's obvious that sth. went terrbily wrong. And I don't think that's the case here, I actually think that Tabata is a great project head and that the game is far from beeing a wreck, so giving them some extra time to polish things up, is a good thing.

Rogue-Tomato

ShinRa SOLDIER
Jan 17, 2016
Worcester, UK
I don't believe that it is delayed, but if it is, it will almost certainly be because Sony / Microsoft's approvals teams found game breaking bugs, which caused it to fail approvals.

Games get sent for approvals 6 - 8 weeks before release and they usually have the game for 2 weeks roughly, so this timeline fits.

Or, SE knew months ago they weren't going to hit the deadline for release and have just kept quiet about it.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I don't believe that it is delayed, but if it is, it will almost certainly be because Sony / Microsoft's approvals teams found game breaking bugs, which caused it to fail approvals.

Games get sent for approvals 6 - 8 weeks before release and they usually have the game for 2 weeks roughly, so this timeline fits.

Or, SE knew months ago they weren't going to hit the deadline for release and have just kept quiet about it.
There's speculation, and there's overactive imagination. Let's try to keep this place somewhat grounded in reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.