1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

FF15 delayed? Rumor

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by Nova, Aug 13, 2016.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

?

Is it delayed?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    39.0%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    39.0%
  3. Cancelled like Stella

9 vote(s)
    22.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. APZonerunner

APZonerunner Network Boss-man Staff Member Administrator Site Staff UFFSite Veteran

I'm astonished people still don't think this is real when @Kagari, myself, Jason at Kotaku, Sal at Gematsu and others have all confirmed we have heard similar from reliable sources.

Wazi the pa and Infest like this.
  2. ChingleeTribal

ChingleeTribal Chocobo Knight

So then can you change the title as not to cause confusion? It'd not a rumour now after all its confirmed by the sources you mentioned.

3. Infest

Infest Chocobo Knight

Don't get me wrong I'd love to be wrong on this one, especially because September would've been the perfect time for me to play the game. However FFXV still having technical issues isn't sth. that just came up with the recent "rumour" , various people repotred it back at E3 and weeks before that.So it should not surprising at all that they finally decided to push the game back a few weeks.

Just don't get your hopes up at this point. I was sceptical as well when the rumour popped up because I've never heard of the site. That said if a site like Gematsu who already leaked the original release date back in march says that the same source which reported them the release date back then now confirmes that the rumour from Gamnesia is indeed true, combined with Jason Schreier from Kotaku who "incidentally" got the same info, I just don't have any reason to doubt the credibility of this "rumour" anymore.

4. Guitar (pseudo)God

Guitar (pseudo)God Red Wings Commander

Given how open the team's been, I guess we'll find out why. And the various boards will be full of tin-foil hat posts.

5. llazy77

llazy77 Sphere Hunter

So then why haven't more photos leaked, a single photo of a sticker hastent even leaked. Only one photo leaking is suspicious also that one photos has some clues it was shopped or made up. Your sources could also be mistaken(like a mistake in the system or something)

If it turns out to be true fine, but some things are not adding up and i'm just calling them out.

ChingleeTribal likes this.
  6. ChingleeTribal

Nah, mate. Confirmed sauces, bro. No room for that possible fake rumour talk, bruv.

I can't believe you don't believe. Belive dammit!

llazy77 likes this.
  7. Rin

Rin Backlog Connoisseur Staff Member Moderator Site Staff

At this point I don't think it's about the stickers anymore...

8. Nova

Nova AVALANCHE Warrior

Why tomorrow, btw?

9. Infest

Infest Chocobo Knight

Like at E3 many publishers put their news a few days earlier out to not get overshadowed by all the other announcements during the week. Tomorrow is also Monday which is the start of the week and the time where usually many announcements are made (respectively Tuesday depending on where you live).

10. llazy77

llazy77 Sphere Hunter

It Monday right now in Japan their offices should open in a little bit

11. ChingleeTribal

Tomorrow's announcement:

Tabata, "we have another big event entitled 'Re-Covered The Revengeance' during Gamescom. Join us at the event to find out the TRUTH!"

12. Infest

Infest Chocobo Knight

You'll probably hear first about the delay from SEE as part of their gamescom announcements though. In ~9 hours at the earliest I guess.

13. AniketosDrakon

AniketosDrakon Balamb Garden Freshman

Re-covered: Final Fantasy XV
    Tabata: we have decided to cancel Final Fantasy XV because ya know, who cares. We are pleased to announce a surprise combo event taking place tomorrow. Please come to Auditorium 666 where we will be holding both Uncovered: Kingdom Hearts III and Re-Covered Kingdom Hearts III, all in one show. We are so excited to share some big news with you :p

14. ChingleeTribal

Re-covered has already happened! That was quick :O

AniketosDrakon likes this.
  15. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

/dead.

16. Myrodis19

Myrodis19 PSICOM Soldier

Arent they more or less basing this off the same source as well as simple gamestop employees?

When i worked at GameStop they never gave us sticker to correct a date, we simply got new stuff, and had it weeks in advance. To be honest there is evidence for both. So i ask you the same question more or less. Do you have concrete proof that not just a simple GameStop employee? People have also saiad they have called their local stores and they knew nothing of it.

To clarify i honestly don't know myself what i think. But people thinking the stuff presented is irrefutable proof is kinda weird in my opinion.

17. Nova

Nova AVALANCHE Warrior

18. APZonerunner

APZonerunner Network Boss-man Staff Member Administrator Site Staff UFFSite Veteran

I can't speak to others, but for me, at least, the source I verified the claims with has nothing to do with retail. Kotaku's story also says that Jason has two sources: a high-ranking Gamestop employee AND a non-retail source. Gematsu clarify that their source - where ever they were placed - is the same that leaked the original date to them. People are focused on the retail as that's where the initial leak was and where the photos are from, but at this point the various people going along with this story are quoting sources far wider (anonymous as they might be) than a single GameStop employee.

From the perspective of a reporter... people talk to us. Over time, you build relationships where you trust someone. Can I provide you photographic proof? Email chains? No. Not without putting sources at risk, anyway. Do I trust what I have been told/seen? Yes. Absolutely. If I didn't, I wouldn't be saying I think this is all true.

Death Penalty, TwoDotsO and Infest like this.
  19. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

Lately, I've been seeing people making horsesh** theories and statements based on their supposed knowledge of how things work in terms of delays and how that affects the marketing and let me tell you...... I'm astonished to see those popping up when some people claim to have been a fan of FF or played games for a long time.

Also:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kübler-Ross_model

20. Guitar (pseudo)God

Guitar (pseudo)God Red Wings Commander

I'm constantly amazed at the level of vitriol leveled at this game. Yes, I've been waiting 10 years - but ultimately it's just a game. Yes, it's the Internet and all that, but this news makes AM sports talk radio look like Firing Line in comparison.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.