1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

FF15 delayed? Rumor

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by Nova, Aug 13, 2016.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

?

Is it delayed?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    39.0%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    39.0%
  3. Cancelled like Stella

9 vote(s)
    22.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myrodis19

Myrodis19 PSICOM Soldier

Ive seen that someone from Gameinformer has said a maybe stance to the delay. Said he did his own research into it and didnt find a yes or a no to the delay.

2. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

3. llazy77

llazy77 Sphere Hunter

Again sources can be wrong and people can make mistakes

4. APZonerunner

APZonerunner Network Boss-man Staff Member Administrator Site Staff UFFSite Veteran

Absolutely, but when you have sources that have informed you about previous things that have come to pass exactly as described you eventually build a radar for their reliability. For example I have lots of sources passing me information about unreleased games or even unannounced projects but I'd never say anything about it in public because they don't have a track record. When you get people coming out of the woodwork saying the same thing -- as the saying goes, where there's smoke there's fire. The chance that Jason at Kotaku, Sal at Gematsu, Kagari and the guy who originally reported it all have the same source is pretty bloody slim, no?

I understand why you might be reticent to take others' word for it though, and time will tell if you're right in that reticence or not.

TwoDotsO likes this.
  5. TwoDotsO

TwoDotsO PSICOM Soldier

I don't think you realize what exactly the context is of these subjects. It's not a weather crew making a wrong prediction based on some questionable measurements.

If a respected journalist claims to have a trustworthy source and said source then comes forth with certain information, then it's way past the realm of "it could be". At that point said source has most likely verified the information to an extend that it's undeniable truth and then, and only then, have chosen to share the information. Said journalist will then also only share the leak if they're confident of the confidence of the source.

By the time such a leak appears on the Internet, it has long past the stage of "oops".

In the case of Jason from Kotaku for example, you can be assured the above is applicable.

Rin and Infest like this.
  6. LeonBlade

LeonBlade Forest Owl Staff Member Moderator Site Staff

I don't care whether it's delayed or not, I just want to know why people create fake pictures for the release date being changed like the one shot at an odd angle of a TV. I guess people feed off of this sort of reaction.

As for the photoshop thing of the sticker thing, I don't think anyone would photoshop the picture of the paper, they would actually photoshop the print out, which means using any sort of contrast checking to tell if the image is edited wont result in any evidence supporting the claim of a photoshop.

I've seen an image of the actual display assembly instructions, and they don't match up with the image used for the sticker, but that again doesn't really mean anything. Only that, I've seen people who have posted about the display and shown proof that they have assembly instructions haven't heard from anybody about a sticker.

Again, I think the reason why people aren't willing to believe this is because of the amount of shit that's being thrown around while this is going on. You have a possibly very real image of the sticker thing, then a fake "disappointment" image. The image of the TV that was photoshopped with the date. You have multiple people working on GS as managers of their store who've looked through their marketing materials and don't see anything about stickers, they've also called corp and haven't heard anything. You have people like one of the editors of GameInformer checking the weeks worth of GameStop marketing materials and not seeing anything about the sticker (but does clarify that doesn't mean the delay isn't still real).

So, with a lot of fake stuff circulating, GameStop managers, EBGames managers, and even an editor at GameInformer providing their input, you can see why a lot of people are still just holding out. Like I said before, the whole rumor started about marketing materials, then became something about a sticker overnight, and now people are just scrambling to find out what's real or not. All anyone needs to do is show a picture of the sticker or another shot at the sticker instructions and most people would be satisfied I'd imagine.

I really don't care at all, nor do I really have an opinion on this whole thing. I would like to hope that the sources from APZ and others aren't just somehow all wrong, otherwise that would be extremely confusing. I feel like I'm repeating myself here, but it's probably because people are beating this topic to death.

As for the whole "five stages of grief thing", cut people a fucking break. Yes, some people are being belligerent, others are just confused.

7. TwoDotsO

TwoDotsO PSICOM Soldier

Amen to that.

Nova and Rin like this.
  8. llazy77

llazy77 Sphere Hunter

Yes this is why I am doubtful, I am still on #TeamFake until I see anything that proves me otherwise.

9. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

To be completely honest, I only want the September 30th release date because it's my birthday.

10. LeonBlade

Good enough for me.

11. TwoDotsO

TwoDotsO PSICOM Soldier

My wife, who's not a gamer nor cares at all about games or FF in specific, is more bummed out about the delay than I am. That's because she actually pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition for me as a birthday gift which is around the current/old release date.

Now she needs to figure out something else to gift me. Hah!

Rin likes this.
  12. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

She must be the best wife in the world!

TwoDotsO and Rin like this.
  13. Rin

Rin Backlog Connoisseur Staff Member Moderator Site Staff

You want the truth?

14. wmlk

wmlk Yevonite

It's complicated.

That scene is probably cut, too. lol

15. Nova

Nova AVALANCHE Warrior

Not challenging to rearrange it imo.

LeonBlade likes this.
  16. wmlk

wmlk Yevonite

Yeah, it probably is. It's not a big deal at all but the CG looked cool.

Nova likes this.
  17. Death Penalty

Death Penalty Clan Centurio Member

I sympathize wholeheartedly with anyone who's saddened or otherwise upset by the delay. Denying multiple confirmations from reputable sources who have proven themselves in the past is a silly thing to do, however. I understand that any denial is coming from a place of passion and enthusiasm for the project and it's admirable to be such a big fan. I just think folks should try to be reasonable, as well.

18. Rogue-Tomato

Rogue-Tomato Yevonite

Probably because a business as large as SE with their many departments, including marketing would never send out new release date cover up stickers or even communicate to gaming outlets about a 2 month delay before they officially announce it themselves because they know that there are a tonne of morons around the world that love to leak stuff to reporters. That being said though, sometimes companies do odd / silly stuff.

I do understand though how we supposedly have multiple credible sources which leads me to sway a bit. Also, i'm a graphic designer in my day job and as far as I'm concerned that ''leaked'' instruction leaflet doesn't look photoshopped at all - It looks legit, all be it a little sloppy from an illustration / line work point of view. That's not to say though that someone didn't just create the whole thing in photoshop, print it out and take a photo. That would only take 15 minutes to create.

Either way, I hope it's not delayed and I'm holding out hope until SE speak up. Chances are though, given the multiple sources, it's likely true that it's delayed.

19. TheOneWhoIsTornApart

TheOneWhoIsTornApart Red Wings Commander

[Important Message] Director Tabata announces Final Fantasy XV release date change from Sep 30 to Nov 29, 2016

It's official guys. This is from the FFXV official Twitter.

LeonBlade likes this.
  20. LeonBlade

Finally, people can now be at peace with all of this that it's official! I'm glad this was addressed finally, looking forward to the video showing how the master version of the game performs when it comes out.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.