FF15 delayed? Rumor

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Is it delayed?

• Yes

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • Cancelled like Stella

Votes: 9 22.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noctis_Caelum

Chocobo Knight
Jul 15, 2014
To be honest, I don't mind if FF XV will be delayed.
Yes, on the one hand people hate the wait even more and after Uncovered million of people saw the release date, so it's kind of bad to delay the game,
but on the other hand the game can be polished even more and can look like those PC screens/videos (yeah only those who looked good like the SIGGRAPH gameplay), because we actually don't know how the console version looks currently (besides the Titan demo and PAX driving).
Also we can instandly get the PS4 NEO version (releasing in autum/winter?).

But either way, we have to wait until Square Enix can tell us more.
Like I said before, it doesn't matter to me if it's delayed or not. The only thing I want is that FF XV will have a good story, gameplay and funny.
Graphics plays a minor thing.

AniketosDrakon

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Aug 13, 2016
The problem with video game development is that issues can just pop up, it is really difficult to perfect anything. One fix will often cause 100 problems, and if you need that one fix no matter what, you need to find a fix for the 100 new problems. I don't blame them, the hardest thing to do is put a release date, especially 6 months before release. So much can happen in those 6 months.

Kagari

神羅カンパニー社長
Administrator
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
United States
www.novacrystallis.com

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
Definitely agree on the first but for the second..... The game will certainly have other opponents to worry for considering SE's overall target audience besides the longtime & hardcore fans.
I mean, notable competition for it on release (Sept. 30) if you're not considering core fans is P5 and TLG.
There'll always be competition technically, but honestly feel like a November release would kill a lot of the "do I buy FFXV or xyz game" I've been seeing from people.

Rin

Reformed
Apr 11, 2015
I mean, notable competition for it on release (Sept. 30) if you're not considering core fans is P5 and TLG.
There'll always be competition technically, but honestly feel like a November release would kill a lot of the "do I buy FFXV or xyz game" I've been seeing from people.
Doesn't Pokemon come out around that time?

So we have to sit on this for another 5-6 days? You'd think they'd want to squash this rumor or confirm it asap so people stop freaking out (myself included)
Please understand.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
There was this image made by someone that had Tabata in it alongside awesome translator dude. Tabata has the 'internally screaming' smile face on while there are flames upon flames of fire surrounding them. The caption on it was "Everything is fine" or something along those lines. I wanted to post it here but could not find it xD

Nye

PSICOM Soldier
Jul 17, 2016
I'm not trying to be mean... but quite a lot of people here have waited for this game as long as you have. Also, try to understand that delays are quite common, and probably should have been expected in a game like this.
I get that, and I do get that delays are quite common, I did go through Uncharted 4 being delayed 3 times. Its just right now I can't be OK with it, even if I wanted to, its just too hard especially with the release date so close. I specifically made plans on late September just to play the game, it just sucks that if the rumors are true i'd have to cancel them all. Usually it doesn't really matter to me much but when it comes to FFXV I just feel tired, I was 15 when Versus announced and now I am 25, just need to play the game and get it out of my system already lol.

Kagari

神羅カンパニー社長
Administrator
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
United States
www.novacrystallis.com
I get that, and I do get that delays are quite common, I did go through Uncharted 4 being delayed 3 times. Its just right now I can't be OK with it, even if I wanted to, its just too hard especially with the release date so close. I specifically made plans on late September just to play the game, it just sucks that if the rumors are true i'd have to cancel them all. Usually it doesn't really matter to me much but when it comes to FFXV I just feel tired, I was 15 when Versus announced and now I am 25, just need to play the game and get it out of my system already lol.
There are plenty of other games to play in the meantime. Don't worry too much about it and you'll be fine.

Kagari

神羅カンパニー社長
Administrator
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
United States
www.novacrystallis.com
I'm pretty chill about delays, personally. They don't bother me because I know I'll be able to play the game eventually and it's especially important with XV because SE can't afford another FFXIV 1.0 situation and damage the brand. So many games get released these days that deserved more time in the oven. Final Fantasy doesn't need to be another casualty.

Aug 13, 2016
I feel exactly the same about FFXV and also Kingdom Hearts 3. I was 10 when the original Kingdom Hearts released and i can remember the pain of waiting for Kingdom Hearts 2 (That was only (!) a four year wait now i look back on it!). I've grown up with these games and i'm now 24. My time is becoming more of a premium and i sadly don't have the time anymore to pour hours and hours into games. I need some closure on both FFXV and KH3, so i can move on.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Bros, I go out, I go hiking, I go on random travels, I do a lot of travelling, I look after my family and I have many responsibilities and soon to have a big change in my life. BUT Final Fantasy is an important aspect of my life. There ARE indeed other games coming out but they are exactly just that to me: just 'other games'.

Everything else(video game wise)take a back seat to FF for me.
When I heard the rumour my heart sank somewhat yet I kept level headed like a normal human being.

For me XV was going to be the last game I play with full attention. The game would have me for two weeks straight. Just me and the game. Full immersion and full uninterrupted FF bliss. Because after XV I plan to go completely light on gaming. I just won't have the time to play games like I do now beginning later this year. It's just a fact for me.

So yeh, I got majorly put off by the rumour. But still, it's just a rumour at this point :)

Status
Not open for further replies.