FF15 Judgement Disc Demo Discussion Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Man im worrying about my PS4, it works really loud when i play the demo and also beeping alot.
Anyone know what beeps means? It can be related to overheating. Just want to clean console but don't have proper t9 turn-screw :(
That's don't sound good. Unfortunately I don't know want could be the cause of it.
Does it only do this when playing the demo?

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Found some good gameplay vids of an awesome boss monster you can find in the demo.

I'll put it in spoiler tags below.

This be the Bandersnatch ladies and gentleman. Combat looks so fun.

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
That's don't sound good. Unfortunately I don't know want could be the cause of it.
Does it only do this when playing the demo?
I didn't play any games for a very long time, so i didn't test it. Everything works good, but everytime i start to play, PS4 beeps like 2-3 times a little bit after i leave Hammerhead. Its really annoying. Definitely gonna buy turn-screw today and clean this shit up!

Anyone know how to do this dive move from air with polearm?

Bionicle8563

SOLDIER Second Class
May 25, 2016
Australia M8
Is it just me, or was it infinitely easier to position yourself, and dodge using the non-mp dodge in this game? Like, I could time it, or I could hold square, but just moving out of the way is so much easier.

Bionicle8563

SOLDIER Second Class
May 25, 2016
Australia M8
Depends on the circumstance of course, that's what dodge roll is for.
True...does Mp Dodge take priority over attack animations? Because if that's the case, then that adds another trick into the system that I have to learn. Just learning this combat system is so much fun. Can't wait for that comprehensive guide on how to do every different move in the game.

Jul 16, 2015
I've translated all of the stat icons in the equipment menu from when you open up the Help text so now we can FINALLY know what the hell these icons are.

I'll be using this screen for reference, I was going to get the icons from the demo and try to upload individual icons, but I can't be bothered to put that much work into it...

SWORD physical damage (敵に与える物理ダメージに影響する数値)
SHIELD physical defense (敵から受ける物理ダメージに影響する数値)

HEART vitality (HP) (最大HPに影響する数値)
SCEPTER magic (MP) (最大MPに影響する数値)
FLEX attack power (攻撃力に影響する数値)
FIST defensive power (防御力に影響する数値)
WAND magic damage (敵に与える魔法ダメージに影響する数値)
SUN magic defense (敵から受ける魔法ダメージに影響する数値)
FIRE fire resistance (炎属性のダメージを軽減する割合)
SNOW ice resistance (冷気属性のダメージを軽減する割合)
BOLT lightning resistance (雷属性のダメージを軽減する割合)
???? darkness resistance (闇属性のダメージを軽減する割合)
BULLET bullet resistance (弾属性のダメージを軽減する割合)
The one you weren't sure about is confirmed to be dark resistance. I watched a video of a playthrough from some gaming site and he went down the list of all the stats and sure enough it was dark resistance which is interesting. I wonder if later on we will have the power to use dark elemental magic?.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Do we know if there are books we can get and read in the game ala Skyrim and The Witcher 3?

I absolutely love reading books that add to the world!

I know own Gladio does read from time to time. Would be cool if the books he reads are made available in the inventory.

I was also hoping they'd have the bestiary avaliable in the demo as well :/

Argento

Red Wings Commander
Nov 5, 2016
Lol im trying to fight some daemons but im just walking around in the night without fighting anything... Maybe there are specific locations on where to find them?

Sep 27, 2013
Lol im trying to fight some daemons but im just walking around in the night without fighting anything... Maybe there are specific locations on where to find them?
Yeah, I noticed there aren't that many enemies like the Dual Horns at day and not so many that appear at night. I wonder if the spawn rates have been lowered because the game is supposedly running at Easy difficulty?

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Do we know if there are books we can get and read in the game ala Skyrim and The Witcher 3?

I absolutely love reading books that add to the world!

I know own Gladio does read from time to time. Would be cool if the books he reads are made available in the inventory.

I was also hoping they'd have the bestiary avaliable in the demo as well :/
A Kotaku preview talked about finding passages from the world's lore book Cosmogony. Maybe that'll be it: finding pieces of info scattered around the world and some environments, which are added to a datalog-esque journal.