FF15 Royal Pack Content - Discussion Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Vankwisha

Chocobo Knight
Feb 25, 2018
Had a feeling they werent in Insomnia. Good job!

@Vankwisha, yeah, I think with the amount of time they plan on spending on the DLC, they will all be significant.

They keep saying they want it to be "meaningful" and not just story filler. While I'm just interpreting, it leads me to believe that starting with Episode Ardyn, the content will be:

1. More integrated with the main game (perhaps it will be optional content in the main story but you can play them all in post game as well so that way you don't have to play the whole story again)
2. Expand on the main game (additional magic, additional regions and areas, additional combat mechanics? I don't see what else it could be aside from those and more story. Not plot filler, but meaningful additions like this)

I believe the above 2 are what they mean, but of course it is just being wishful at this point. This is what I feel like "Completing" FFXV will be about. Hopefully that is the direction they take. Luckily, episode Ardyn will show is how it will all work, AND they plan in still giving us the roadmap (The interview from 2 days ago confirmed it).

Not much longer now I hope
So you are saying that in 2 days we will get the road map confirming what they're planning on doing over the next year? Will it be live streamed?

Nariya36

Sphere Hunter
Feb 18, 2018
Someone wrote this on 4chan, I want to cry:
>Part 1 would start in Insomnia, as Noctis on his flat, you goof arround the city, have some quests arround toget to know the people, then after a time Regis calls you and you have the meeting where you are told to marry Luna.
>Luna is in the crown city, so give some Noct/Luna moments.
>Talk with the guys and Gladio proposes to organize a stag party as a road trip to Altissia.
>Go out have fun, include details about pople mentioning how there ar emore demons as of late.
>Make restign every 2-3 days mandatory as game mechanic, making the characters make mitakes and be slower and weaker th longer you press them.
>Same with eating, add the hability you only eat, or only rest or both.
>Make nights slightly longer and days shorter little by little.
>Maybe have Ardyn appear somewhere, maybe as a quest giver to troll us.
>After maybe 2 weeks of goofin arround the attack on insomnia happens, Noctis gets the news, road trip and wedding is cancelled, think even Luna is dead, decide to go grab the 12 weapons.
>Start getting them while the Empire is searching for Noctis, some Ardyn moments, get a note from Luna through Umbra to go get the summons and to meet her in Altissia when the time is right.
>Proceed throuh chapters 4-9, but days become shorter and shorter as Luna's health gets worse.
>Add more to do on episode 9, amybe have the imeprials get Luna and rescue them then rpocet them to the summoning altar?
>Part ends after the Leviathan fight.
>Include the same travel to the past mechanic.
>Add a big Luna DLC to show how she got to Altissa from the events in Kignsglaive to be ~10-15 hours to compelte, with her own gear, levels and progression.
>As a bonus of the DLC you will be able to have her in your party in the past to tackle the end game content of part1.
>Add the Gladio DLC.

Nariya36

Sphere Hunter
Feb 18, 2018
>Part 2 would be chapters 10 to 13, but with the Imperial continent being open world, with it's own dungeons and hunts and sidequests.
>Not being able to go back to the Lucian continent, just in the past.
>Story is to hide from Ardyn/the emprie while trying to reach Garlea.
>Participate in the evacuation of Tenebrae, shit starts going down, people starts transformign into demons and nobody understands what the fuck is happening.
>Make the incursion on Garlea a hard long task, probably taking 1/5 of the total gametime planned, have more city to explore, not just a fixed path, have to solve mroe puzzles to progress (not meaning to do it with just the ring though, but keep that part too).
>As the light is banishing the world has to give this king of feel more and more:
[Embed]
>Enchance the "survival horror" game experience by using the previously introduced mechanics abou restign and food, have to look for food inside the city and places to rest.
>Finish the part when Noctis is thrown into the crystal.
>Add a big Aranea DLC to show her leaving the empire and reforming her mercenary band. Same as Luna, let her be a party member only in the past for the end game content of part2, same ~10- 15h long.
>Add the multiplayer DLC staged in between the 10 years of Noctis dissappearance.
>Add the Ignis DLC.

Nariya36

Sphere Hunter
Feb 18, 2018
>Part 3 would be just the world of ruin.
>Both continents avilable to free roam in the wrold of ruin and to go to the past.
>Add dungeons, rework the already existing to be more dangerous / creepy.
>Add the Ultima weapons of Kigsglaive nearby Insomnia, they are too strong for you to enter.
>Focus is to use the powers of the ture king to go kill arch-demons in dungeons / the open world and reduce the amoutn fo power by startign to allow light agian into the world, this debilitates teh Ultima weapons until you can face them.
>Make a big fucking event the return of Noctis, have the people either praising him as he ereturend savior or diss him as a taitor that left them to die for 10 years.
>All characters have quests and interactions, Cid, Cidney, Iris, Talbot, etc, bt not all NPC's survived to the world of ruin.
>Ardyin is amused at all your attempts and encourages you from time to time to reach him in Insomnia.
>Add the Prompto DLC.
>Add an Ardyn DLC, longer than the others ~15-20h long, exploring his parth and his descent to darkness after he is betrayed.

Feb 19, 2018
I've been thinking, knowing that we are getting another year and a bit of support for FFXV, what can we expect in terms of size. If you think about Episode Gladiolus(small), Episode Prompto(medium), Episode Ignis(medium), Comrades(Large), Royal Pack (Large). If you think about the DLC like that, I'm wondering what size the next four packs will be. I'm hoping for Royal Edition level :p
I feel like the length of the DLC reflects the speed they worked at (which has built to the point that it’s fast paced). So I expect all DLC to be maybe just short of episode ignis length.

I’ve said this before but I think we’ll see three DLC as part of a single narrative series, and a 4th royal pack style dlc that includes a Niflheim expansion and diamond weapon.

Takeshi Sendo

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
Guys as I told you before, tomorrow Im gonna start with my brother the RE. Just want to ask a simple thing, whats the real condition for not losing the Cor cutscene in Cerberus fight? Should I do the secondary quests of the bases before fighting Cerberus?
Thank you so much.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
I feel like the length of the DLC reflects the speed they worked at (which has built to the point that it’s fast paced). So I expect all DLC to be maybe just short of episode ignis length.

I’ve said this before but I think we’ll see three DLC as part of a single narrative series, and a 4th royal pack style dlc that includes a Niflheim expansion and diamond weapon.
i'd expect a bit more than that.

tabata said they want to fully complete a dlc before jumping to the next, which means no divided teams struggling with a deadline... and now they are at a point that all the side-projects are released (Monster of the Deep, Pocket Edition, Windows Edition...)

i think with a solidified team (they can do even better dlcs from here on; i just hope the director of Ep Ignis takes charge, i think his episode was the highlight.

Takeshi Sendo

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
i'd expect a bit more than that.

tabata said they want to fully complete a dlc before jumping to the next, which means no divided teams struggling with a deadline... and now they are at a point that all the side-projects are released (Monster of the Deep, Pocket Edition, Windows Edition...)

i think with a solidified team they can do even better dlcs from here on.
No. In the recent interviews translated by shuya Tabata said they finally opted for having different teams for the different dlcs, but they get together before each one is releasing to revising but the model is four teams for the four dlcs and they are doing it at the same time. Of course the longers will take much more time.

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
Do we have any sales charts or stats on the PC Edition/Royal Physical Edition/and Royal Digital Expansion?

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Do we have any sales charts or stats on the PC Edition/Royal Physical Edition/and Royal Digital Expansion?
According to SteamSpy, approximately 140k people have purchased the game on Steam so far. I doubt anyone has numbers for the console sales, whether physical or digital.