FF15 Royal Pack Content - Discussion Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
What I find most impressive about the new Chapter 14 is how effectively it magnifies what the game originally was.

Noct was always meant to be the sacrificial savior king, but the scenes with Cor and the Kingsglaive magnify that aspect of him.

The return to Insomnia was always meant to be bittersweet as a result of the city's destruction, but Ardyn setting the city on fire really drives that home.

Ardyn was always a petty and vicious troll of a main villain, but him setting the city on fire and using the new and old Walls to torment Noct more makes him even more of that.

The section just before Ardyn was always meant to reach the peak level of epicness, but the new fights take that up to eleven.

Noct's relationship with Luna was always meant to be one where he could never reach her, and the new cutscene doesn't betray that arc.

And finally, the final boss was always meant to be more of a personal battle than a test of one's ability as a gamer, and it's still that, even if Ardyn got a few cool new moves.

It definitely feels like the new Chapter 14 is how the game wanted to end all along. It just took the extra year of work to actually implement it. XD;
Yeah, the additions to Chapter 14 were great, and really drove everything home about it, I enjoyed it immensely. Here's to Tabata on future content.

ash

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
Is it confirmed in-game that Ardyn's brother's name was Somnus? I just beat the Kings of Yore but I couldn't find anything in the datalogs about their names?

Edit: Nvm, they are mentioned in ruins around Insomnia

Last edited:

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
So obviously game-wise Omega's body being made of parts of the different magitech armors and airships makes sense because it's easier to reuse assets but lore-wise do ya'll think Ardyn based all of the stuff he made for Niflheim on Omega??

Tonitrus Lucis Caelum

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Mar 5, 2018
So obviously game-wise Omega's body being made of parts of the different magitech armors and airships makes sense because it's easier to reuse assets but lore-wise do ya'll think Ardyn based all of the stuff he made for Niflheim on Omega??
Doubt it. There is no evidence that he designed their weaponry.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Well Well he's the one that taught them how to use daemons for magitech and he's the only one who plausibly could have been alive when Omega was around soooo
Omega is from Solheim era. Ardyn is not. 2000 years ago was only the beginning of the Lucian kingdom (as well as the rest of the kingdom's). Solheim already was gone by the time he was a healer.

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
Omega is from Solheim era. Ardyn is not. 2000 years ago was only the beginning of the Lucian kingdom (as well as the rest of the kingdom's). Solheim already was gone by the time he was a healer.
Ohhh okay gotcha. Wonder if the datalogs make any mention of it then, haven't gotten around to collecting any of Omega's yet. Would be a bit sad if there's nothing lore wise to tie it together.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Ohhh okay gotcha. Wonder if the datalogs make any mention of it then, haven't gotten around to collecting any of Omega's yet. Would be a bit sad if there's nothing lore wise to tie it together.
There was one Datalog entry in regards to Omega found in the data-mining, someone from this forum said it might be in one of the imperial bases in Leide, but I'm not entirely sure.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
There was one Datalog entry in regards to Omega found in the data-mining, someone from this forum said it might be in one of the imperial bases in Leide, but I'm not entirely sure.

There are 7 omega reports. 2 are found in Chapter 13, 2 are found in the bases I think, but I'm not sure where the other 3 are.

Dio

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Feb 18, 2018
Is there a way to increase the amount of time armiger unleashed can be used? I've noticed in a few videos that the bar depletes relatively slowly, but it depletes much faster when I use it.

Nariya36

Sphere Hunter
Feb 18, 2018
Is there a way to increase the amount of time armiger unleashed can be used? I've noticed in a few videos that the bar depletes relatively slowly, but it depletes much faster when I use it.
You can refill the bar by phasing through attacks with square during Armiger Unleashed.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Hey guys, I'm playing FFXV: Comrades, and I'm at Ifrit, and I keep losing to him, even though I just finished grinding to level 55, I'm using an Infinity Blade, Dragon Whisker, Wizard Shield, and Conformer shuriken, and my character has 3774 health, 794 in strength, 658 in defense, as well as 100% resistance to Fire, and I'm still getting wrecked, because I don't know how to exactly get him into a vulnerable state, any ideas?

Edit:

https://twitter.com/SolidSora/status/972866172948504576

Credit: @Solid Sora

Last edited:

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
Hey guys, I'm playing FFXV: Comrades, and I'm at Ifrit, and I keep losing to him, even though I just finished grinding to level 55, I'm using an Infinity Blade, Dragon Whisker, Wizard Shield, and Conformer shuriken, and my character has 3774 health, 794 in strength, 658 in defense, as well as 100% resistance to Fire, and I'm still getting wrecked, because I don't know how to exactly get him into a vulnerable state, any ideas?

Edit:

https://twitter.com/SolidSora/status/972866172948504576

Credit: @Solid Sora
If you have the warrrior's sigil a well timed vacuum wave can stagger him, that's what I've been trying to do but I'm in the same boat as you currently even at level 61 :bawling:

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Guys, I used Chapter Select to get to Chapter 10, and I got Cartanica on my Datalog, and it's file is interesting. I'll type it out as best as I can.:

"Desolate district in the eastern reaches of the western continent. The railway that transects imperial territory still stops at this station, but few board the Magna Fortia from Cartanica these days.

The elevated railroad offers an expansive view of the surrounding area. Retaining walls hold back soil on the Succarpe mountain slopes, while gas and oil fields pepper the ground below. The famed Fodina Caestino can also be seen from the station, with an elevator providing direct access.

Niflheim sought to recover and restore the magiteknology of old as the key to insuring the nation's future prosperity--but mass production of said magiteknology required enormous quantities of oil and coal. Thus, the empire set it's sights on Cartanica, a once-lively town rife with natural fuels. After the empire had it's fill, however, the city was left a shell of it's former self, drained of it's resources and devoid of human life."

This was intriguing, and as a person who likes Cartanica, I feel bad for the area, now that I've seen it. It also sheds a little light a little on the creation of the Niflheim empire's magiteknology in this game.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Guys, I used Chapter Select to get to Chapter 10, and I got Cartanica on my Datalog, and it's file is interesting. I'll type it out as best as I can.:

"Desolate district in the eastern reaches of the western continent. The railway that transects imperial territory still stops at this station, but few board the Magna Fortia from Cartanica these days.

The elevated railroad offers an expansive view of the surrounding area. Retaining walls hold back soil on the Succarpe mountain slopes, while gas and oil fields pepper the ground below. The famed Fodina Caestino can also be seen from the station, with an elevator providing direct access.

Niflheim sought to recover and restore the magiteknology of old as the key to insuring the nation's future prosperity--but mass production of said magiteknology required enormous quantities of oil and coal. Thus, the empire set it's sights on Cartanica, a once-lively town rife with natural fuels. After the empire had it's fill, however, the city was left a shell of it's former self, drained of it's resources and devoid of human life."

This was intriguing, and as a person who likes Cartanica, I feel bad for the area, now that I've seen it. It also sheds a little light a little on the creation of the Niflheim empire's magiteknology in this game.

The only thing I hope for is that the Datalog gets expanded the more they (hopefully) expand the world. I really want to know more about Niflheim other than the 4-5 entries that are given. Same with Accordo

47D

Yevonite
Feb 17, 2018
In the Royal Edition, you can find a monument/statue of the First king, Somnus Lucis Caelum, aka The Mystic.

But, if you zoom-in to the writing on the monument, it doesn't say Somnus the First King, it says;

"Optimus Lucis Caelum. REX CVIII"

What does this mean?

DEMON

Balamb Garden Freshman
Mar 4, 2018
In the Royal Edition, you can find a monument/statue of the First king, Somnus Lucis Caelum, aka The Mystic.

But, if you zoom-in to the writing on the monument, it doesn't say Somnus the First King, it says;

"Optimus Lucis Caelum. REX CVIII"

What does this mean?
It means that's the name of the 108th King? Wonder what his name is doing there, maybe he built it?