FFXIII Trilogy Coming to Steam?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Slickyslacker

PSICOM Soldier
May 25, 2014
Chicago, IL
Wow. This is no error, that wouldn't have happened arbitrarily. This is definitely something.

I'll gladly pick them up on Steam if they forego privacy-invading DRM this time, but I doubt that. Somewhat possible given their newly-launched streaming services, though.

Alleo

Yevonite
Nov 25, 2013
I would be so happy if that happens :) I love the games and it would be sad if I could not play them again sometime in the future if I don´t have a PS3 anymore. And why should they not put it there? I can already see all the haters moaning about this if its really true but I will never understand them :rolleyes: Nobody is forced to play them on Steam and a company should never stop liking and talking about their own game just because there are people who don´t like it. :cookie:

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Good move and one that's long overdue. No reason at all why PC players should miss out on FF games.

FFIV DS/iOS version is also on its way after FFIII came to Steam earlier this year.

Further evicence for this.

The logos are hardcoded in a footer JavaScript file specifically for this game:

By requesting when was the file modified the last time (i.e. put in URL: "javascript:alert(document.lastModified)") I see:
"09/05/2014 07:53:37" (about 2 weeks ago).

So yeah, all other JavaScript footers I found in the SE website show a much older date, I'd say this was not a mistake and we may see an official announcement soon (either that or the webmaster was trolling, :D).

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
I don't mind FFXIII saga that much. I really enjoyed XIII-2 so I would love to play it again on PC. Modding community should make it look better.

I support JRPG's on Steam, too.

Sep 26, 2013
Yeah. Hopefully this does mean games like FFXV, FFXVI and KH3 on PC. I can see myself one day going PC and abandoning consoles. It's going to be inevitable.

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
PR:
FINAL FANTASY XIII SERIES
ANNOUNCED FOR WINDOWS PC

LONDON (18th September, 2014) – Square Enix Ltd., publishers of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in Europe and PAL territories, today announces the FINAL FANTASY® XIII trilogy of games is headed to Windows PC, with the first in the series, FINAL FANTASY XIII, due for release on 9th October 2014.

The game will be available to download via the Square Enix online store and the Steam PC digital service (amongst others), priced at £10.99/€12.99. The game is available to pre-order now via the Square Enix Store and Steam, with those pre-ordering receiving 10% off. It is also confirmed that the FINAL FANTASY XIII trilogy will offer a set of Steam Trading Cards for players to collect and exchange.

On its original console release in 2010, FINAL FANTASY XIII marked the dawning of a new era for the celebrated series, bringing the game to multiple hi-definition consoles simultaneously for the first time in its history. The original game and subsequent adventures in the FINAL FANTASY XIII trilogy will soon be available for PC gamers to play for the very first time, with all games in the series due for release by Spring 2015.

FINAL FANTASY XIII expands on the rich traditions of the series, with producer Yoshinori Kitase, director Motomu Toriyama, character designer Tetsuya Nomura and art director Isamu Kamikokuryo combining their creativity to deliver a beautifully epic FINAL FANTASY universe. Additionally, Masashi Hamauzu presents a sweeping soundtrack while movie director Takeshi Nozue and his team of artists adorn the game with seamless cinematic sequences.

The FINAL FANTASY XIII trilogy began in March 2010 with the release of the original FINAL FANTASY XIII and continued with its sequel, FINAL FANTASY XIII-2, released in February 2012. The most recent release in the FINAL FANTASY XIII series, LIGHTNING RETURNS™: FINAL FANTASY XIII, launched on 14th February 2014 to critical acclaim. The series has been widely successful, shipping over 11 million units worldwide.