FFXV at AFA Thailand 2016

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

BoN

Yevonite
Sep 26, 2013
Thailand
re-ffplanet.blogspot.com
Yesterday, I've went to AFA Thailand 2016. Tried FFXV Demo, watched FFXV stage event present by Mr.Sun, watched Kingsglaive. This is some impression from the event.

===================
FFXV Demo
===================

- 2 Demo available. Trial of Titan and the latest demo. (Same demo with Gamescom 2016)
- Photo prohibited
- You can play only 5 minutes. Then staffs will take controller from you. T_T

- For latest demo. Staff will randomly load game one from four save slots.

- I received the quest "The Pauper Prince" from Cindy. When I reach quest destination, No enemies appear. I looked around, tried many ways then asked the staff for help. They told me that it's should be bugs that caused enemies not appear.

- I've tried Trial of Titan and World of FF demo, but nothing special to say.

===================
Final Fantasy XV Stage Event
===================

- Present by Mr.Prasert (Sun) one of lead game designer (A.I.)

- He told his background. When he was young, he loved playing FF7 and FF Tactics. His parents blamed that he spent too much time playing game. They always said "Do you think you could be fucking game developer!?"

It's true that he want to be game developer since he was young. When he grow up, he had chance to study in Japan. After graduated, he joinded small game studio at first.

Later, his boss in that studio got sick. So he had promoted to lead battle designer for small game. Sometimes later, that studio had financial issues. His president told him that they can't hired him any longer.

At that time, Square Enix was recruiting new staff. So it's time that he sent his proposal to Square Enix, and got this job at the end.

- Next, Mr.Sun presented about game system, character, theme, etc.

- He revealed that there is one Thai food in game. It's "ปลาราดพริก" (Pra-Rad-Prik or Fried fish with chilli sauce).

- Thai massage (นวดแผนโบราณไทย) also available in game. You can bring Noctis to use that service.

- He presented four main character personality. For Gladiolus, he said Gladiolus is smarter than you think. Gladio isn't muscle-head guy, he love reading book.

- He talked about Easy mode, Wait Mode, Brothderhood, Kingsglaive, FFXV Universe. Nothing new in this part.

- Cutto (Thai Celeb) played Trial of Titan demo on stage.

----------------------

I've chance to chat 10 minutes with Mr.Sun. He's very friendly. We shaked our hand, hugged each other. Glad to be new friend with him. :)

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Will thai massage be Final Fantasy's equivalent to Dragon Quest's Puff-Puff massage?!

Also cool to know that Gladio is a bit of a book worm :D

Hopefully he finds interesting books in hotels and inns that he could discuss with Noctis and Co while driving on those long journeys.

BoN

Yevonite
Sep 26, 2013
Thailand
re-ffplanet.blogspot.com
I've summarized interesting points form Mr.Sun Interview (August 19th). Not much new information.

- He was the one who suggested director to make character's hair style affected by rain.

- When there is woman in party, the behavior of 4 main character will change. (I remember that Tabata-san'd explained the details)

- When someone asked why the car driving system had not much freedom. He replied it's not racing game. We don't want player to strain on driving. We want players to enjoy and focus on the adventure. So they decided to create auto-assist system for driving.

- He said the game will be "emotional". There isn't similar word for emotional in Thai. So he explained that it the game that will shake your heart.

- When Noctis came to battle. Ignis will always be by his side. Helping him all times.

- Sometimes Glaido will read the book in car. If he found the woman he like, he will approach her without hesitation.

- Ignis and Gladio personality are modeled from someone in in FFXV team. So it's easy for team to decide what character will do in each situation.

- Thai massage available in Galdin Quay.

- Since he was young, he's wanted to create a game that make everyone cry. It's his dream. Now he believes that Final Fantasy XV has potential to shake everyone heart. So please look forward to play FFXV on November 29th.

Last edited:

BoN

Yevonite
Sep 26, 2013
Thailand
re-ffplanet.blogspot.com
When Sun-san announced about Thai massage.

Cutto (Guest on stage) : I'm glad that only Thai massage available, not massage par.....
(คัตโตะ : ดีใจครับที่มีแค่นวดแผนไทย ถ้ามีนวดอย่างอื่นด้วย....)

The entire audience burst out laughing. lol