FFXV at GAMESCOM 2016

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Q: Is there any post game content?
A: I won't say too much but there's some areas (& monsters) you can only reach/fight once you beat the game
https://twitter.com/FFXVEN/status/766360501379096578
Love it!

I know some people won't, but I love it. I do wonder, though, if that means something closer to FFXIII where you have to beat the game to unlock the last crystarium but you start at the end and continue, or if it's like Vagrant Story where you unlock areas you can revisit on a new game +

I know some people will hate the latter, and I'm not expecting it, but I'd love it.

Also, thank you for transcribing some of these tweets. They took away my jailbroken PC and I can't access anything twitter anymore. I can get to it on my phone, but then it doesn't look like I'm working, lol.

Wrong board. I think you were looking for GameFAQs or 4Chan.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Anyone going to ask about the downgrade? Please.
And if the patch will somewhat rectify that.
The only patch that's going it rectify that is the Neo patch some day. The way the game looks in the 8GB 53 minute raw footage demo is what it's going to look like*. What the patch is going to fix is the stuttering and crashes. Much more than that would be a miracle.

*technically, it'll still look a little bit better on the PS4 directly because there's still some compression going on there. The loading screen in the very beginning being a big dead giveaway, as it looks like a series of concentric circles. Without compression that is probably perfectly smooth. And the rest of the game will look slightly better as well. Enough that even if they made no changes at all, were you to load up the exact same version, you'd swear there was an upgrade but couldn't put your finger on it.

It's fine. It still looks great, just not as great as some may want. Just think of this like a PS4 version of what should probably be a native Neo or PS5 game. I'd much rather they overshoot the generation (as long as it's smooth and playable) than under-do it.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
Clarification: He´s not saying that all leaks are all wrong but rather none of them have reached 100% accuaracy.
The only leaks that are right is the chapter 0 ones I bet, Im sure the leaker saw it when gameinformer was given demos to the game and the leaker got to see it /was told about it. everything else he said was false.

Sep 26, 2013
The only leaks that are right is the chapter 0 ones I bet, Im sure the leaker saw it when gameinformer was given demos to the game and the leaker got to see it /was told about it. everything else he said was false.
You can believe this if you'd like, but you'd be foolish to discount everything the leaker said especially since Game Informer stated in their preview of the first segment of the game that they didn't get to experience Chapter 0. It seems like none of the press did in that wave of previews.

Bionicle8563

SOLDIER Second Class
May 25, 2016
Australia M8
Ouch no Season Pass with the UCE. I personally can't get one, but for those who are getting one I feel really bad for them atm. Like... a season pass should be included for the UCE. I don't understand how the DDE can get a season pass included yet UCE cannot.

Nye

PSICOM Soldier
Jul 17, 2016
This is interesting:
Q:"What do you think about leaks? "
A:"we won't stop people talking or gossiping but we haven't seen any leaks that have got everything right"
https://twitter.com/FFXVEN/status/766351963378315264
Well, not to be pessimistic or anything, but he isn't going to say yes the leaker is right pack up your bags the game is spoiled. If the leaker was wrong, he would have given a definitive answer which is "No". We already know that leaker got a lot of things right like Ch. 0 for example, so he could be legit. I am not saying Tabata is being deceptive or lying but his reply sounds more like a PR damage control if anything.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Well, not to be pessimistic or anything, but he isn't going to say yes the leaker is right pack up your bags the game is spoiled. If the leaker was wrong, he would have given a definitive answer which is "No". We already know that leaker got a lot of things right like Ch. 0 for example, so he could be legit. I am not saying Tabata is being deceptive or lying but his reply sounds more like a PR damage control if anything.
If the leaks were totally true, he could choose to simply not comment on them. Or deflect the question, like by saying that any time there is a project of this size, word gets out but we don't pay attention to it, blah blah.

Generally if it's 'damage control' there isn't an outright lie, its just spin. Adding to that what the leaker said about getting FED info, not having first hand knowledge, its not hard to believe that no one has the full story. Certainly not enough to call someone an outright liar for no reason other than you don't trust the Industry.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
The more I think about it, the more I think SE probably doesn't care too much about any leaks. The big leak - the 10-year time skip against a fiery boss (Ifrit?) - caused a ton of consternation among the usual suspects (see: GAF, Neo) - but it's the very beginning of the damn game!

From all previews, SE has a potential winner on their hands if they get the performance and graphical quality where they want it to be. I have confidence in the team - armchair developers and obituary writers on forums notwithstanding.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
but it's the very beginning of the damn game!
Exactly!

It's there to let us to ponder the intricacies of the question: What up with that?

IOW, not a spoiler itself. IS it a time skip? Or is it the Bros playing roles in an ancient vision but representing someone else? Is it so short because we'll randomly camp out some places and go back into the vision and see more and more of it like the Shadow dreams in VI? Does this timeskip happen mid-game and we can keep playing as the older squad? Or is this what happens after the point of no return?

We don't know a damn thing.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
The endgame content makes me very happy. Always loved those. I hope that means that that thing you know about happens much before the end.

Also, speaking about that, I just visited the FFXV official forums (for the first time since they were opened) and saw this regarding the game's CHAPTER 0 (so, spoilers if you want to go fully blind):

I swear I knew he had a scar when I first watched the video, but then I kinda thought "maybe it's a strand of hair that the blow/fire is blowing". He looks great, man. The new facial hair is pretty much the same but fuller (and the stache suits him). The new scar complements the previous one quite well imo and his new hairstyle is awesome. Really liking him (his was the design -of the four bros- I liked the most before, but these changes made it even better, I think).

Also, yeah, it seems Ignis also had his share of fuckery done to his face:

Wonder if he truly is blind. Would make sense what with the opaque-looking glasses and the scar going through his eye. His hair looks better here, much better I think even if it's not that different.

And Prompto's goatee is fun lol. He didn't change much beyond that, but the new clothes are leagues better than the previous ones.

Nye

PSICOM Soldier
Jul 17, 2016
If the leaks were totally true, he could choose to simply not comment on them. Or deflect the question, like by saying that any time there is a project of this size, word gets out but we don't pay attention to it, blah blah.

Generally if it's 'damage control' there isn't an outright lie, its just spin. Adding to that what the leaker said about getting FED info, not having first hand knowledge, its not hard to believe that no one has the full story. Certainly not enough to call someone an outright liar for no reason other than you don't trust the Industry.
I guess, but I still have my doubts. Knowing the turn out of the story doesn't bother me much, I just hope they do a great job at making the journey something special.

The more I think about it, the more I think SE probably doesn't care too much about any leaks. The big leak - the 10-year time skip against a fiery boss (Ifrit?) - caused a ton of consternation among the usual suspects (see: GAF, Neo) - but it's the very beginning of the damn game!

From all previews, SE has a potential winner on their hands if they get the performance and graphical quality where they want it to be. I have confidence in the team - armchair developers and obituary writers on forums notwithstanding.
Its the beginning of the game but it was supposed to be a secret chapter, even GI weren't allowed to play it during their coverage of the game. Having it leaked and for some reason announced now, I don't know man, I am kinda worried.

And yes, the previews are really positive and judging from the footage we got I understand why. The game has a great potential to be GOTY or maybe even the best FF title, they just need to polish it.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I guess, but I still have my doubts. Knowing the turn out of the story doesn't bother me much, I just hope they do a great job at making the journey something special.

Its the beginning of the game but it was supposed to be a secret chapter, even GI weren't allowed to play it during their coverage of the game. Having it leaked and for some reason announced now, I don't know man, I am kinda worried.

And yes, the previews are really positive and judging from the footage we got I understand why. The game has a great potential to be GOTY or maybe even the best FF title, they just need to polish it.
Not much of a secret chapter if you show it to everyone, now is it? It wasn't supposed to be a secret, they just hadn't revealed it yet...

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
They just wanted to introduce it to us during the Gamescom coverage I guess, so that's why they didn't allow Gameinformer to even watch it. I mean, it's literally the beginning of the game: it'd have been a great, nice surprise (that they couldn't keep because of leaks and shit) if they hadn't revealed that. But I trust that that has been their marketing plan for a long time, you don't decide on stuff like this on the fly.

They even released a Punished Noct CG render, so I'm assuming this was pretty much planned to be featured in the media prior to the game's launch (and I'm glad they have: it's a very silly, superficial thing, but my hype for the game has risen up quite a bit partly because of that).

Actually, considering this and the fact that it's the first thing you see in the game, I'm willing to assume this is far from being the ending: I think there's going to be at least a couple of hours left after the fight with Satan-lite is over.