FFXV ATR September 30th '16

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
I got some clarification from the same guy, BTW. Mainly on what the hell "pre-review" means.

Reviews need to be done based on the final master version and that's not given out until 1-2 weeks from release via digital download (obviously to privileged reviewers), but because the game is too long to evaluate in that length of time, some very lucky assh- er people get to play a complete, but not perfectly mastered version starting now (or rather a couple of days ago) so they can outline their thoughts and take some mental (or even actual) notes about what to look for when they receive the final, presumably bug-free version. Obviously, these people are under heavy embargoes and can't speak a word of it. But, neither myself nor my source are under any such thing, so here ya go, lol.
Since I guessed the site your source is from, I know there are VPs from Cisco, VCs from CRV, and all manner of Red Hat guys all bitching about the Yankees. That, plus the data lock, is enough for me to believe it. ;)

Does s/he have any impressions from these privileged people (who *may* have broken NDA)?

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Since I guessed the site your source is from, I know there are VPs from Cisco, VCs from CRV, and all manner of Red Hat guys all bitching about the Yankees. That, plus the data lock, is enough for me to believe it. ;)

Does s/he have any impressions from these privileged people (who *may* have broken NDA)?
There are far more VP's and whatnot that you can imagine there. It's a weird mix of bums, lawyers, VP's and even a few well-known show-runners (Like the creator of Glee and American Horror Story, and Parcs and Rec/The Office exec, media members (mainly sports-based), occasionally players and baseball execs will come in for AMA's, etc. We even had Teagan Presley (during her prime) take a few exclusive photos in a Patriots Jersey. Pretty much the requirements for getting in are to not spit on people's asses and tell them it's raining, and to bitch about the Yankees, lol.

He has not played this version, as he tells me that the person he knows that does have a copy is not local and is not going to break the NDA. But, he's also one of those people that hates everything but indie gems, so he's actually been my debate opponent IRT FFXV since I started talking about it over there. I have taken his recent silence on the matter to mean that he's run out of negative things to say, which is about as close to an endorsement as you will ever get out of him, lol.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
What on earth is game lock lol?
It means the game itself is DONE. Meaning the story, the gameplay, all that stuff. Graphical polish is still being worked on, so the game is not yet MASTERED. But, it's done and pre-review copies have been sent out to some people to evaluate the game prior to receiving the mastered copies of the game for the reviews themselves.

Long story short, though, it means there won't be any more delays. You can take Nov 29th to the bank.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
It means the game itself is DONE. Meaning the story, the gameplay, all that stuff. Graphical polish is still being worked on, so the game is not yet MASTERED. But, it's done and pre-review copies have been sent out to some people to evaluate the game prior to receiving the mastered copies of the game for the reviews themselves.

Long story short, though, it means there won't be any more delays. You can take Nov 29th to the bank.
Doesn't it also mean the game has been sent to Sony and MS for certification?

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York

Thanks for an answer, I was just confused by the terms used.

Sep 27, 2013
probably. But I honestly don't know for sure.
Think he said so during the ATR. I remember hearing Tabata mentioning something about "first parties".

Think a data lock means no assets and ingame features are being changed and the game is good to go, only major bugfixing allowed when something doesn't work as intended. Game should go gold in about a month, if not less.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Yup, definitely holding off on the Pro after all. More than fine with these visuals by far.
Yeah, they might have just saved me $400. But, I'm not making any decisions until I see confirmed PS4 vs PS4 Pro HD direct feed footage.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
You guys can just buy PS4P later and replay the game with even better quality, just sayin ^)
That was my original plan.

Then I saw the off-screen footage and I went into nerd overdrive. Now I'm sane again, so I will still wait to make a legitimate decision. I actually do have a need for another PS4, though, so I may end up with it anyway.

Edit: That and I'm absolutely killin it this month on commission, so it may just feel like a freebie.