FFXV discussion thread [No Spoilers]

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
It probably looks to be either triggered from finishing a certain quest or a stealth cutscene update from the latest patch. Very interesting.

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
Wtf?!? Neither do I.

I'm referring to the second half of those screenshots btw.

Holy crap has anyone here actually seen that scene in the game?
Did you guys really miss it? This cutsene triggers after you came back to Lestallum after first nif base infiltration, when Iris told you that empire came and kill Jared, then you can find his grave at Caem. Its looks a bit different because in these screenshots its happens at night, but in the game if you didn't do anything special, you will arrive at day.
And it was there before patch, after patch they added a little flash back to remind you who is actually Jared :D

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
@Slaintimez --

The existence of the cutscene in Lestallum and the grave (and the Magic Flask you find there) are common knowledge.

It's the event scene where Talcott visits the grave whose existence is in question, because it doesn't seem to be part of the mandatory progression of the game.

My guess is that it's a time-limited event that's either rare or only available at a time when you're unlikely to return to Caem. Given the nature of the choreography suggested by those screenshots, I suspect that it could be triggered by sleeping in the house.

Alternatively, it was implemented, recorded for the soundtrack videos, then removed from the game for some unknown reason. That seems less likely than the alternative, though.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
I think he shouldn't have done it through Noct's eyes then if interesting side characters get forgotten about
How would Noct know about Areana anyway she fights him in Chapter 6, this is the intro to Chapter 3 what the hell.
Also how the hell would he be aware of this or
wasn't the entire time, thinking Ravus was going to kill his sister?

If they really wanted to keep it within Noctis' eyes or mental state, and convey that to the player remove scenes like this, or better yet don't do it at all.

Also FFX was pretty much Tidus' story yet, we saw the world, the lore, and the characters get developed, and it was pretty much through the eyes of Tidus, most of the time until you would switch to Luna.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
I think he shouldn't have done it through Noct's eyes then if interesting side characters get forgotten about
How would Noct know about Areana anyway she fights him in Chapter 6, this is the intro to Chapter 3 what the hell.
Also how the hell would he be aware of this or
wasn't the entire time, thinking Ravus was going to kill his sister?

If they really wanted to keep it within Noctis' eyes or mental state, and convey that to the player remove scenes like this, or better yet don't do it at all.

Also FFX was pretty much Tidus' story yet, we saw the world, the lore, and the characters get developed, and it was pretty much through the eyes of Tidus, most of the time until you would switch to Luna.
Thank you @Nova @Ikkin read this. It just dosent make sense, what Ikkin said was that it was information Noctis would be aware of but he wouldnt know such things like what characters like Areanea Ardyn or Ravus were doing. Heck that first cutscene with all the empire soldiers and Ideoleas seemed like thoese characters were going to have way more importance in the story and more cutscenes. Espically Verstal and Idoleas. I mean thats the one and only cutscene they are in, highly doubt that was planned seemed like they shouldve appeared in way more scenes. Also I think its just damage control. Tabata is saying the story is through Noctis eyes cause he couldnt flesh out the other characters more and is using that reasoning as an excuse.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Thank you @Nova @Ikkin read this. It just dosent make sense, what Ikkin said was that it was information Noctis would be aware of but he wouldnt know such things like what characters like Areanea Ardyn or Ravus were doing. Heck that first cutscene with all the empire soldiers and Ideoleas seemed like thoese characters were going to have way more importance in the story and more cutscenes. Espically Verstal and Idoleas. I mean thats the one and only cutscene they are in, highly doubt that was planned seemed like they shouldve appeared in way more scenes. Also I think its just damage control. Tabata is saying the story is through Noctis eyes cause he couldnt flesh out the other characters more and is using that reasoning as an excuse.
They really shouldn't have gone with that Approach if they were, then take notes from FFX, why not have Noctis fall of the train as well, and get some moments fleshing out the Prompto MT thing, or perhaps DON'T DO IT Noct's perspective thing, because it's clear that even if that's what they meant to do they didn't convey it well. Thus Final Fantasy XV just has bad storytelling main character PoV works well, but it has to be done right.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
*sigh* why is this getting dragged out longer than necessary?

I thought it was agreed upon that Tabata messed up with that PR interview?

It was also agreed upon that the storytelling needs a lot of work too?

I'm not sure what there is to gain by talking about something we all pretty much acknowledged unless repeating something just for the sake of bashing is the main aim here.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Noct doesn't need to know the specifics about those scenes. The scenes just have to be consistent with what he knows, which they are.

Noct knows that the Empire is looking for Luna but don't seem particularly interested in killing her. He also knows that Ravus is an ambiguous figure with motivations that aren't the same as the Empire, and that whatever his motivations are put him in conflict with Ardyn's own ambiguous motivations.

The point isn't so much limiting us to what Noct knows so much as limiting us to what he feels, with outside perspectives being shown only so long as they aren't in conflict with what Noct's mindset at the time.

Verstael does seem to have been planned for more scenes, but those scenes could have easily have been intended to be shared with Noct and co.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
It was also agreed upon that the storytelling needs a lot of work too?
Especially when they're already planning on improving the story.

Not eveyone visits this forum to incite director wars/bashing, people who endorse that type of crap while trying to get others to take their side need to grow a thicker skin. It helps no one but demotivate the team who are dedicated towards feasibly improving FFXV's base from top to bottom. Otherwise, count me out.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
*sigh* why is this getting dragged out longer than necessary?
Stop replying. Use the ignore list. Trolls only get hungrier as you feed them.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this Tuesday to see the PRO patch in action. I'm sure it will be a bit rough at first (since it isn't locked to 60 FPS), but still an improvement. Anyone here willing to make any videos showing it off?

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
Stop replying. Use the ignore list. Trolls only get hungrier as you feed them.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this Tuesday to see the PRO patch in action. I'm sure it will be a bit rough at first (since it isn't locked to 60 FPS), but still an improvement. Anyone here willing to make any videos showing it off?
I dont think you know what a troll is.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Ah yes! That's right the PRO patch is coming up quite soon!

I don't do video but I'll give a descriptive and detailed account of what the Pro experience will be like.

Anyone else here have a PS4 Pro?

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
Would having more FPS theorically fix frame pacing?
FPS as you already know is frames per second. The difference with that and frame pacing is that frame pacing will run a frame multiple times making it appear as if the frame rate is decreasing all together.

Anyone else here have a PS4 Pro?
Aye, I bought it specifically because of the news of a 60 FPS mode for FFXV in the past. I know it won't always be at 60, but I am sure it'll be better than 30 atm for me. I play on the high mode on a 1080 P tv, and there are frame pacing issues present.