FFXV discussion thread [No Spoilers]

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
Hopefully this latest patch isn't the last of any optimization for this game. I would love for them to attempt a 60 FPS lock for the PRO down the road. I would assume it would assist with game down the line being 60 FPS as well.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I doubt this would be the last optimisation patch. Tabata and team know how much people want a smooth 60 fps experience for this game so they're gonna keep on working on that until they hit that goal.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Gonna share a video and interesting little tidbit about Ardyn.

Takes place in ch4-5 I think. Don't remember the chapter scenario exactly.

It's basically just about Ardyn being a sly and creepy mofo xD

I do wonder though, did Ardyn avoid making camp because havens ward of daemons, and so they would cause him major discomfort if he were to go near one?

It's either that or he's picky about comfort lol

Funny how he creeps Prompto out. Also, how Prompto puts emphasis on "with Ardyn" is just so funny.

Keep trolling Ardyn.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Gonna share a video and interesting little tidbit about Ardyn.

Takes place in ch4-5 I think. Don't remember the chapter scenario exactly.

It's basically just about Ardyn being a sly and creepy mofo xD

I do wonder though, did Ardyn avoid making camp because havens ward of daemons, and so they would cause him major discomfort if he were to go near one?

It's either that or he's picky about comfort lol

Funny how he creeps Prompto out. Also, how Prompto puts emphasis on "with Ardyn" is just so funny.

Keep trolling Ardyn.

Ardyn didn't seem to have felt any physical discomfort from Luna's attempt to heal him, though it clearly affected him in other ways, so I'd imagine the effect of the wards would be similar (since they're Oracle magic).

In any case, it's kind of amazing how much of a poster boy for Stranger Danger he is. Even apart from the fedora and trench coat, that grab at Prompto's face was super brazen, and Prompto's body language makes it clear that he's really skeeved out by Ardyn. He acts kind of suggestively towards Noct sometimes, too ("You're such a tease"), which is always unsettling.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Ardyn didn't seem to have felt any physical discomfort from Luna's attempt to heal him, though it clearly affected him in other ways, so I'd imagine the effect of the wards would be similar (since they're Oracle magic).

In any case, it's kind of amazing how much of a poster boy for Stranger Danger he is. Even apart from the fedora and trench coat, that grab at Prompto's face was super brazen, and Prompto's body language makes it clear that he's really skeeved out by Ardyn. He acts kind of suggestively towards Noct sometimes, too ("You're such a tease"), which is always unsettling.
That stranger danger reference made me laugh out loud. I think I found that more amusing than I should have xD

Which reminds me about something from chapter 9...

At first, I thought Ardyn slapped Luna because she attempted to heal him.

Turns out, to me at least, that he slapped her because she referred to Noctis as the True King... of course Ardyn would get super pissed about that, seeing as HE was the original King of Light and all.

Insulting if you think about it.

Him reaching out to "receive" the ring from her tells me he thought she was acknowledging him, only for him to realise she was talking about Noctis.

Ouch.

As Ardyn would say, "Oh you're such a tease", only this time jokes on him lol

Ardyn is flirtatious and just doesn't care anymore. 2000 years being alive will do things to you, not to mention the frustration on top of that lol.

When Prompto took a photo of Ardyn before they camped together, Prompto asked him if he was alright with that, only for Ardyn to respond "Yeeees his royal highness can add it to his collection" suggestively.

Naturally Noctis was freaked out by that, replying with an incredulous "Whaaat?!?"

It's a very delayed respond by me but, only now am I starting to catch on how awesome a character Ardyn is.

Didn't care much for him before until now. His trolling nature is quite something else.

Last edited:

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
That stranger danger reference made me laugh out loud. I think I found that more amusing than I should have xD

Which reminds me about something from chapter 9...

At first, I thought Ardyn slapped Luna because she attempted to heal him.

Turns out, to me at least, that he slapped her because she referred to Noctis as the True King... of course Ardyn would get super pissed about that, seeing as HE was the original King of Light and all.

Insulting if you think about it.

Him reaching out to "receive" the ring from her tells me he thought she was acknowledging him, only for him to realise she was talking about Noctis.

Ouch.

As Ardyn would say, "Oh you're such a tease", only this time jokes on him lol

Ardyn is flirtatious and just doesn't care anymore. 2000 years being alive will do things to you, not to mention the frustration on top of that lol.

When Prompto took a photo of Ardyn before they camped together, Prompto asked him if he was alright with that, only for Ardyn to respond "Yeeees his royal highness can add it to his collection" suggestively.

Naturally Noctis was freaked out by that, replying with an incredulous "Whaaat?!?"

It's a very delayed respond by me but, only now am I starting to catch on how awesome a character Ardyn is.

Didn't care much for him before until now. His trolling nature is quite something else.
I always assumed that Ardyn was responding to Luna's complete no-selling of his attempt to intimidate her more than anything.

When she says, "I will pass the Ring to the rightful King," he doesn't slap her immediately. He grabs her by the chin -- an obvious power-play, intended to imply that he's the one calling the shots.

And then she responds by implying that he has no control over his fate whatsoever, describing him as being "in thrall to darkness" and suggesting that his fate has already been written by the prophecy. For someone who gets his jollies by making other people feel powerless, that's about as insulting as it gets.

To make matters worse for Ardyn, she's not even acknowledging her position of powerlessness, offering compassion and healing in place of fear or anger.

And that, I think, is why Ardyn slaps her. She subverts a moment where he has power over her to make him feel impotent, and his only recourse is petty violence and mockery.

I kind of suspect that what Ardyn wanted was for Luna to bleed out so Noct would activate the Armiger in a rage, after which he'd be forced to retrieve the ring from Luna's corpse. Luna wasn't having any of that, though, and made him lose his composure in a way that no one else really managed.

The picture thing was really messed up. xD; He's such a creep!

Of course, being a creep makes him a fantastic villain, so I can't really complain. I think what makes him so effective is that, while he's a mythic figure in terms of abilities and goals, his motivations are incredibly petty and down-to-earth. Underneath it all, he's just a spiteful, controlling jerk with a ton of charisma.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017

I really do enjoy most of the campaign fights in the game. If there is a hard mode at some point, I could see certain enemies being a huge pain in the butt for me. I like the empire and have a better understanding of their role in the game since I've had some time to let it sink in some. Also, Ms. Yoko on the music....I may end up liking the FFXV music just as much as I do VIII's, because there is a TON of music.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016

I really do enjoy most of the campaign fights in the game. If there is a hard mode at some point, I could see certain enemies being a huge pain in the butt for me. I like the empire and have a better understanding of their role in the game since I've had some time to let it sink in some. Also, Ms. Yoko on the music....I may end up liking the FFXV music just as much as I do VIII's, because there is a TON of music.
Yeah the soundtrack for these fights are amazing.

Ravus Aeterna sounds so good when you crack up the volume and listen to the drum beats that resemble a heartbeat. Good stuff.

Invidia (track that plays when you fight Aranea and Loqi) is so fast paced, it really gets you hyped up for the action.

I reckon Ravus would be a bitch to take down when they add in Hard mode. Takes ages to get his health down, when you're not purposely over levelled that is.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
> gladio, prompto, and ignis dlcs in development now
> says is cut content

they're not even trying anymore.
If this game was released the following year I'm sure these DLC's would be implemented in the game itself. Also DLC's are supposed to be more external works to the story not fill gaping holes in them. It is cut content in the way of the development not being finished on them but they were supposed to be in the game and wouldve been implemented if this game released this year.
Just dont like them saying it wasent cut content in PR.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
You can't cut what wasn't in the base game to begin with lol, especially when overall development shifted towards the DLC episodes after the game went gold.

Last edited:

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
They should have included those DLCs in the game, they were very needed, should've delayed this game till 2017 if need be, man damn that 2016 contract.
Or at the very least write out
]that Prompto being an MT thing.[/SPOILER

Also what's with Omen trailer, and demon Noctis did that play a role in the game in the game much? I mean was Regis trying to prevent demon Noctis from killing Luna? I mean ok? I mean well you know.