FFXV discussion thread [No Spoilers]

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
As aesthetically beautiful and well directed the Luna FMV was, it felt overplayed and undeserved. There was no impact because Nocts and Luna's relationship was presented as flat and shallow.

Sure I felt
a tad bit sad for Noct but I found the revelation of Ignis losing his sight to alot more heavy and emotional. I would of directed that scene so that Noct, in a fit of rage and concern rushed up to him and demands Ignis to take his glasses of so he can observe the damage in disbelief. Grabs him by the shoulder and hugs him apologising while the waterworks don't stop
hm i thought the contrary lol

noctis and luna had this platonic love for each other fueled by their messages and the desire to aid one another since childhood.
it was beautiful seeing adult luna talking to child noctis, alluding to the fact that she already completed her calling but noctis still had a lot to mature to do it.

while ignis losing sight lacks a proper reaction from him, it didn't felt that sad because he was standing and talking like he always do.

anyway, i'm loving this second half already

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
As aesthetically beautiful and well directed the Luna FMV was, it felt overplayed and undeserved. There was no impact because Nocts and Luna's relationship was presented as flat and shallow.

Sure I felt
a tad bit sad for Noct but I found the revelation of Ignis losing his sight to alot more heavy and emotional. I would of directed that scene so that Noct, in a fit of rage and concern rushed up to him and demands Ignis to take his glasses of so he can observe the damage in disbelief. Grabs him by the shoulder and hugs him apologising while the waterworks don't stop
As a huge Ignis fan I would've liked to see more scenarios of the bros reacting mournfully to his new condition as well as taking care of him beyond leading him around.

Their reaction was sad yes but it was surprisingly "normal" and too accepting of it for my liking.

To the feedback section I go!

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
man, second half is so damn rushed, i want to explore grrrrrr :( areas are too damn awesome, overall looks more interesting than lucis; wasted potential

cutscenes (not enough of them) and setpieces are on point tho.

if the second half received the treatment of the first this game would be goty for 2 straight years.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
man, second half is so damn rushed, i want to explore grrrrrr :( areas are too damn awesome, overall looks more interesting than lucis; wasted potential

cutscenes (not enough of them) and setpieces are on point tho.

if the second half received the treatment of the first this game would be goty for 2 straight years.
Yeah if they make the second half jam packed with story lore, meaningful cutscenes, dungeons, and side quests, this game will be amazing for sure.

I wonder why they don't make atleast some sort of a story dungeon in Tenebrae?
I hope they will. Probably false, who knows, but there was a scenario where when the guys arrived at Tenebrae you could explore it, but they cut it because there wasn't enough time to finish the area.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
I don't care what anyone says. The entire epilogue from start to end is nothing short of masterclass stuff!

Everytime I rewatched it the impact of it doesn't lessen.

I haven't stopped thinking about it since I completed the game a few days back xD

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I don't care what anyone says. The entire epilogue from start to end is nothing short of masterclass stuff!

Everytime I rewatched it the impact of it doesn't lessen.

I haven't stopped thinking about it since I completed the game a few days back xD
Yeah the last chapter was the best one. Can't wait to see what they will extend in the final patched version.

Playing the game and seeing all the guys pre chapter 9 is kinda sad :(

Last edited:

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Did you hear the radio broadcast of the Deadeye's death? I love little touches like that in game cause its completely missable, but it makes the world feel so much more alive.
I actually haven't, I think! I'm guessing it's a broadcast by the League?

Anyways, I'm in Chapter 5 right now.
Looking for Ramuh in his cave. I've only been to three dungeons so far (that specific Ronin guy in the Leide dungeon did a number on me, so I didn't really manage to keep progress there lol), but man, they're pretty good (clunky combat camera aside): atmosphere is great (great music. "Find your way" also works really well.

In regards to everything else... The open world in Duscae and Cleigne is actually pretty good: great sense of scale for the most part, interesting landscapes (fuck Leide), common enough (to the point of it not being unrealistically littered with POIs like an amusement park) landmarks... And it looks really beautiful for the most part, especially under certain lighting and weather conditions (once more, fuck Leide and its ugliness and flat, boring design). Also, chocobo riding is fun and fast.

Combat has clicked on me even more. I mean, it's not without faults, but I can't honestly understand some people I've seen saying it's bad or the worst in the series. It's perfectly fair not liking it, but considering it bad? And again, it's far from being perfect, but it's pretty fun for the most part.

Now, as for the bad... I'm pretty sad about the story. I didn't expect anything great (I mean, it was Nomura and Nojima before, and the people on the current project didn't inspire me much confidence), but the dissapointing part is that it's really disjointed, it's kinda messy (for a plot as simple as this actually is), some cutscenes' directing and editing are embarrasing, there are no big moments (so far!) and I don't expect much to change, at least not on the open world part of the game.

I mean, look at Chapter 4's ending and 5's beginning. What the fuck was even that. Really anticlimatic for what it should be (the fucking Chacellor of your enemy Empire saving your ass just like that and then leaving you on the field again just like that, for the sake of it. Without a single cutscene, just a shitty text). I'm guessing this is one of the things they're going to fix in that patch, but... I understand and even like a subtle approach to the plot, where you're the one unfolding the story if you really want to (like in Souls), but I feel that this is more of an accident than intentional in this game.

Again, I never expected anything better than just "enjoyable", but I expected something a bit different (basically, some meat to the plot) and I see myself not really caring about the plot right now. Character interactions are pretty fucking good, though: individually, they're just, I guess, average or alright; but together, they're fucking great and you can really feel the camaderie and friendship.

But hey, I'm barely into the game's main plot. Hopefully something happens and my sensations change, although I'm not very confident all things considered.

So yeah, overall, really fun from a "game" perspective (overall gameplay, combat, exploring, visuals...), but very iffy in regards to the plot.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
So just had a pretty annoying bug where Noctis became invisible and couldn't inflict any kind of damage (and then the game exited to the menu alluding an "error"). I was doing the first base infiltration mission, so it kinda pissed me off that I had to do the tutorial again.

I think I'll kinda powerthrough the story. Well, in a way, as I'm 22 hours in and my characters are around the 32 level mark. I think I'll do most of the open world post-ending, especially if they allow us to use the older skins with this month's patch.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
I had a bug where the battle camera got stuck on far in a certain dungeon during chapter 7 with/without enemies onscreen, which made auto rotation via R1 unusable ti'll i died and restarted again lol.

My 2nd time was much better since the bug went away, quite frankly all the dungeons I've encountered thus far are fucking godlike. Even with the map & marker i still found myself lost within. Plsssssssssss let these dungeons be the series standard Square!

Fireryu

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 24, 2016
well i just got to Chapter 10 and Noctis is level 78 , Galdo is 76, Igins is 77 and Prompto is 77. I been pretty much doing every side quest and hunt I could find. there was one time i got lost in the jabberwock dungeon end up fighting Red Giants a bunch of times. until I figure out the pattern.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
well i just got to Chapter 10 and Noctis is level 78 , Galdo is 76, Igins is 77 and Prompto is 77. I been pretty much doing every side quest and hunt I could find. there was one time i got lost in the jabberwock dungeon end up fighting Red Giants a bunch of times. until I figure out the pattern.
damn, im on chapter 13 level 44.

about bugs, i had one that i suddenly teletransported in front of a royal tomb after using Overwhelm

that shit tears up even time and space lol

edit: i just summoned leviathan

Bionicle8563

SOLDIER Second Class
May 25, 2016
Australia M8
I'm really tempted to do the Exp-Magic trick, but does that ruin some of the pacing of the game? Like, do all the fights become way too easy, or does it just alleviate some of the time taken to defeat random mobs?