FFXV Episode Duscae 2.00 impressions

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Rezon

Red Wings Commander
Feb 21, 2015
This new combat is amazing.
The spear for example.
>normal combo is stabbing
>pushing left stick forward makes Noctis jump and stab forward
>pushing left or right makes you swing in wide archs
>pushing back makes him stab the ground to push himself backwards

Other weapons types have new moves as well depending on what direction you move the left stick.
Greatsword can charge for example and Shortswords can do a backflip and dodge sideways.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Can anyone confirm this ? I have been reading on twitter that Ramuh is not strong enought to 1 shot the catoblepas? And that the summoning time is now longer ?

hui43210

Red Wings Commander
Sep 26, 2013
Ottawa, On
Game plays great, but this sites twitter said that Noct's voice had been updated. I don't know, still sounds like batman to me?

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
Can anyone confirm this ? I have been reading on twitter that Ramuh is not strong enought to 1 shot the catoblepas? And that the summoning time is now longer ?
I watched some guy on twitch try to take on catoblepas and can confirm both of these things are true. Summoning took so long he got killed before Ramuh appeared.

Game plays great, but this sites twitter said that Noct's voice had been updated. I don't know, still sounds like batman to me?
Noct has a different voice but only in new dialogues. They didn't re-record the old ones.

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
So Ramuh went from broken to unusable (at least in that fight).
I wouldn't say he's unusable but summoning him definitely seems more tricky and he can't insta-kill catoblepas.

But to be honest, I feel this is what Ramuh was always supposed to be. Not really a viable strategy for disposing of enemies but a last resort for the player who already screwed up by letting his HP drop to 0.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
The dodge roll is by far the best new feature, it gives the combat a new spin and makes it more dynamic. You can play way more agressive now.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
So where is all the new content, new quests, etc? Booted the updated demo up, but not seeing anything of interest on the map. (edit: rested at camp, and that seems to have triggered some stuff)

Combat is better, I'll give it that. Still no use for the triggers, so I still dislike the run button.

Edit: Okay, I've assigned custom buttons in the PS4 menu, and put L3 onto L2. Lovely. What a brilliant feature.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
Edit: Okay, I've assigned custom buttons in the PS4 menu, and put L3 onto L2. Lovely. What a brilliant feature.
You can also just hold the square button if you don't like sprinting on R3. That's by the way the only way to get a smooth transition between running and sprinting. ;)

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
You can also just hold the square button if you don't like sprinting on R3. That's by the way the only way to get a smooth transition between running and sprinting. ;)
That was what I was using initially, and I immediately hated it because I couldn't control the camera whilst running. But it is the only way to stop and start when I want. Using L3, you are forced into the sprint and have to make a sudden stop to stop running.

I would assign the square button to L2 so that it worked like Lightning Returns - just hold it to run, lift off to stop - but then my attacks would be on the L2 button...

Unless I can have square on both buttons... (edit: I can't).

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
Demo overall is a lot better now.

- Dodge Roll is great.
- Lock-on cam took some getting used to since they removed camera movement during lock-on. But it's a bit better than 1.0.
- Combo switching via direction input is a nice touch, makes battles a bit more engaging.
- Cross Chains are cool (literally just Trinity Rush from The Bouncer haha).
- Framerate feels a bit more stable.
- Noctis moves to avoid party members so they don't block his path.

Also it seems like they reduced the recovery frames on attacks, so it's easier to quickly change to defensive stance.
And does anyone know how to trigger pre-battle interactions? or is it random?

Last edited: