1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

[FFXV] Petition for bringing back the 2013 combat build.

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by Selvaris, Sep 22, 2014.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Selvaris

Selvaris Stiltzkin's Apprentice

Hi everyone.

Yes, we pretty much all were very excited from what we've seen about the game in this year's TGS.

A lot of promises were kept. The games seems huge, beautiful and still very ambitious BUT...

The combat. Oh god, the new combat system... It's miles away from what we've seen so far.

Everything seems dumbed down and automatised. They could also have removed the switchable characters mechanic.

Tabata himself said that it'll be a simplified version of Type-0's gameplay.

Is this what our beloved game deserves ? Something even your dog could play ?

But hopefully, we still can change this. They've already did a petition in Japan. We need to act fast and make them change their plans.

TABATA'S LOOSING EVERYONE, GOD DAMNIT.

(i can't post the link since i'm new here. I can give it away on Facebook tho, any older member can contact me : Johnny Krum)

2. Myrodis19

Myrodis19 PSICOM Soldier

The love for the game is strong in you my friend. But we truly don't know that much about the combat.

3. LeonBlade

LeonBlade Forest Owl Staff Member Moderator Site Staff

It was clarified in another translation that "simplified" was not the correct word to use, but rather "streamlined", which could mean Type-0 combat without the things that annoyed you.

I freaked hard over the combat system, but I'm waiting to see how it plays before stressing myself anymore... I think this "petition" is a bit too much too fast... wait until we get more details on the combat with 1 to 1 demonstration of video with controls before we react like this.

Also, I haven't seen anywhere anything about a Japanese petition... I don't really want to bother with Facebook just to see a link, perhaps you could provide a way for us to search for it?

Edit: I found it.
    https://www.change.org/p/square-enix-finalfantasy15の仕様変更

4. Takoyaki

Takoyaki Red Wings Commander

Also, I don't think petitions like these will exactly work. Better to express such complaints when the demo hits.

5. Jenova

Jenova ShinRa SOLDIER

People are really beginning to overreact now. Especially with a petition making the rounds. There are way too factors or lack thereof to be giving assessments of the combat system. Reserve judgement for the demo when you can experience the system with your own eyes and not vague, mistranslated observations from various forums.

6. Selvaris

Selvaris Stiltzkin's Apprentice

The petition is basically here to prevent the auto-attack and auto-defense disaster.

And also and especially to make them bring back the character switching.

The demo comes in 6 months, if we react then, it will too late to change anything.

7. Fleur

Fleur Red Wings Commander

Requiring 100 signatures is barely a ripple in water. Square-Enix are hardly going to pay attention to this.

8. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

What in the...... Are you guys actually serious?

How about this: Stop jumping to conclusions.

Wait til we see more info of the game (at Jump Festa) and actually give a try of the gameplay by actually playing the demo for ourselves.
    Everything is still a work in progress.

BladeRunner likes this.
  9. Mistwalker

Mistwalker Red Wings Commander

Aren't you overreacting a little?
    We haven't even played the game and you're already saying the battle system must be changed for another one that you didn't try either?
    ...What?

BladeRunner and Orenji like this.
  10. kamikki

kamikki Yevonite

We don't really know how the game played back in 2013. Nor do we really know how it plays now.

11. StarNox70

StarNox70 Yevonite

While I'm not in the least bit enamored by what's been explained to us, I'll have to hold my tongue until more info. is divulged to us in a more tangible medium.

Tabata did say he'll perk his ears to critique when the demo drops. Guess that'll be the best time voice our frustrations...or our praise. I'm hoping for the latter.

Do appreciate the effort, though.

12. Takoyaki

Takoyaki Red Wings Commander

Some of you guys shouldn't write of giving feedback when the demo comes out just because you think it'll be too late. Never too late and don't assume it'll be that close to release when its out.

Demo is the perfect time because you'll be able to try it out and voice any concerns and that's what Tabata wants. I'd take his offer.

13. ScienceNonfiction

ScienceNonfiction ShinRa SOLDIER

People are blowing this way out of proportion in my opinion.

14. Starlord

Starlord Red Wings Commander

So, if you or anybody else actually loves the battle system, then make sure to praise them. I just hope if it is really good, the trolls don't come in and say they hate it :/.

15. StarNox70

StarNox70 Yevonite

I truly hope I will. I'm hoping this battle system explanation/interview was just something lost in translation, & we'll all love the game once the demo's released. But based on current evidence, forgive me for being less than enthused.

16. Starlord

"Current Evidence"? I hardly call it that, considering it was just a quick demo for the sole purpose of showing everyone that the trailer was not pre-rendered. And him saying " Holding defend button to evade something the player was answering on the spot. He kinda shuddered before making his response.

You do have every right to feel the way you do, I just personally don't see the evidence of it all atm. We still barely don't know anything.

17. somni

somni Yevonite

Really I would just want a definite inclusion of party switching. Once the demo drops, I believe most would have a more opportune time to give Tabata and SE feed back on the battle system as a whole. Since that is the point of the demo.

By then those who've played would have better grasp of what was being delivered in the game. And voicing to SE what works well and what doesn't.

Simply asking them to change it back now doesn't garuntee the E3 version didn't have its own share of faults and hang-ups. Waiting after the demo could make for better more informed feedback, which could lead to an even better more substantial improvements to the overall experience. Especially since SE at that time will be all ears and gauging the reception of the demo.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
    Starlord likes this.
  18. Starlord

Outside of the trailer we got and how the game isn't pre-rendered, I am just going to pretend what I heard didn't happen, I'll know for sure when I get my hands on the demo anyways :).

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!