FFXV "Possibly" In 2015

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
Yeah, we still have to see what the progress is. We definitely won't get the release date, that's for E3. I wonder what the big surprise of the demo will be though...
Well.. my guesses are:

- controllable magitek armor (wouldn't be that surprising because it's already confirmed for the game)
- controllable airship ( that would surprise me a lot and not only because the demo takes place in an early area of the game. )
- controllable "insert vehicle name"
- release date (unlikely because as you've said they will likely make that announcement at E3/TGS)
- the return of a card minigame ( I'd love to see that)
- a city that is not Lestallum ( highly doubt it)
- return of the victory fanfare - ( would be kind of lame to be the surprise wouldn't it? :p)
- Cindy confirmed to be the Cid of the game ( would be kind of lame too because it's....yeah obviously )
- return of a limit break system (don't know if that would surprise anyone)

so...... no clue

Last edited:

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 14, 2014
Springfield, Massachusetts
The way Tabata has talked about the game makes it seem like the game's release date is still far away. You'd be better off betting against 2015.
You be surprised what the 1st production team can do in 11 months. @ 60% completion ( guessing that's where were at considering we were 55% 3 months ago), I say there's a good chance of this game coming out at least in Japan in 2015/March 2016 everywhere else.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
Well, if you judged it from when Tabata took over (which was at the E3 reveal) then no it hasn't taken that long at all... it's only been about a year and a half which is perfectly reasonable. The game was only announced too early because of the platform switch among other issues early into development with it becoming a mainline game and then moving to the current generation consoles. Has it taken a long time? Of course, but you can only really say it was announced too early if SE somehow knew that the game was going to be delayed and all these development changes were already going to happen... which obviously isn't the case.
Well, I've heard full development of the game didn't even start a few years untill after it's reveal, That was back in it's Versus XIII day's. So I'd say it was announced far to early. A game announced during the days when the PS3 was a new console shouldn't have been in development as long to make a platform switch to the PS4.

That's would be like announcing a game now for PS4, that have not have been worked on at all and by then could then be switched to PS5...

May 26, 2014
Well, I've heard full development of the game didn't even start a few years untill after it's reveal, That was back in it's Versus XIII day's. So I'd say it was announced far to early. A game announced during the days when the PS3 was a new console shouldn't have been in development as long to make a platform switch to the PS4.

That's would be like announcing a game now for PS4, that have not have been worked on at all and by then could then be switched to PS5...
Well the problem is that Versus/XV wasn't even a real game until recently. Those early trailers they released were just ideas or concepts for a game, not that they bothered to let that be known. I assume all the "gameplay" we saw prior to 2014 was fabricated and the e3 2013 gameplay was either fabricated or a major work in progress on the transitional engine (I seem to remember SE admitting e3 2013 stuff was fake, that it was simply a demonstration of what they were "aiming for with the final game", I don't remember for sure though).

Maybe I'm wrong though, who the heck knows. I don't expect this before 2016.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
Well the problem is that Versus/XV wasn't even a real game until recently. Those early trailers they released were just ideas or concepts for a game, not that they bothered to let that be known. I assume all the "gameplay" we saw prior to 2014 was fabricated and the e3 2013 gameplay was either fabricated or a major work in progress on the transitional engine (I seem to remember SE admitting e3 2013 stuff was fake, that it was simply a demonstration of what they were "aiming for with the final game", I don't remember for sure though).

Yea, that's why I argue it was announced far to early then it should have. Is ten years really an acceptable time frame to wait for a game after it's announcement?

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
The math never adds up and makes sense when speculating a release date based on a completion percentage. Things can change and happen during development.

It also doesn’t consider factors outside of development like Square Enix’s release schedule for the next couple of years either.

Is FFXV really next in line or could we be looking at a couple of big Square Enix western titles coming out later this year instead? Priorities first! ;)

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina

We can't say for sure how much of what have been shown prior 2013 "was fabric". The E3 2013 stuff wasn't fabricated nor fake (i think it was in Active Time Report I), they said that around the time E3 happened the game was transitioning to the AXB (which pretty much is equal to the gameplays shown in 2011/3 trailers minus character switch, cause lets be honest if they hadn't said/explained that they change it we wouldn't have noticed it)

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
I'm still betting for a Nov/Dec 2015 release in Japan and a Feb/March release everywhere else. That's how they did it for every game on the FFXIII trilogy and Type-0 is also being released on March, so...

Yeah.
I'm thinking about that for quite a while now too.
The last Final Fantasy games were all released at the end of a year in Japan. It'd be unusally to release XV in spring 2016 but a late 2016 japan release seems too far away. So the question is weather they still stick to their usual release circle with FF XV or not.

May 26, 2014
We can't say for sure how much of what have been shown prior 2013 "was fabric".
Of course not. Personally I think all the "gameplay" shown prior to 2013 (and even some of the 2013 stuff) was pre-rendered movies designed to look like actual gameplay. It wouldn't be the first time SE has straight up fabricated gameplay.

That's just what I think. Doubt we'll ever know for sure.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
I can't express how JOYED I'd be if Final Fantasy XV release sometime in Japan this year 2015, I know the US and Europe release won't be to far behind. But even if it is December 31, 2015, just really hope it release this year...

EDIT: Thankfully with Tabata this actually seem possible.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
When do we know how much square enix expect to make on the fiscal year ending march 2016 that should tell us if the game would be coming before then or not for the ending till march 2015 is was too low for ffxv.

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 14, 2014
Springfield, Massachusetts
Nov 17, 2014
If Tabata is keen on releasing another demo, separate from the demo included in the FF Type-0 HD, it could mean 2015 is not a possible target for releasing the game, but it is highly probable that they'd announce the release date. Announcing the release date is a huge deal for us, not only the FF fans, but to the gaming industry, specifically the RPG fans. E3 2015 is their only choice to let out that huge announcement if they want to attract the worldwide gaming community. I'd say, if not for Tabata and Hashimoto, we wouldn't get so many infos on a game that hasn't had a release date yet.

But even if it is December 31, 2015, just really hope it release this year...
I hope they wouldn't. This should get many GOTY awards, and 2015 is bad year for releasing this. So many big-time GOTY candidates. Also, I wouldn't want FFXV to be compared to Witcher 3, and if it turns outs to happen, it'll be WRPG versus JRPG all over again. And I think it's not just Witcher 3. Should I enumerate?
*Batman Arkham Knight
*No Man's Sky
*Bloodborne
*Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain
*Halo 5: Guardians
*Zelda on WiiU
*Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
*Quantum Break
* Xenoblade Chronicles X
There are still some, including other Nintendo games. And that's not even including the indie games. Indie games in the last 3 years has made a huge presence when GOTY is in the talks.

What I'm saying is, if we want more FF main series games, at least they should excel in their current numbered FF game. And I'm talking about FFXV. As the years pass by, my anticipation, as well as my concern, for FFXV, is heightened. Don't we wish a 10/10 score on every media? We should not rush Square Enix to release it this year. 'Take your time', is what I always say.