1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Event Expectaions/Wishes

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by llazy77, Jan 23, 2017.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Jubileus

Jubileus AVALANCHE Warrior

Is there a difference between the original FF12 and The Zodiac Age?

Yeah the screenshots for the DLC look exciting. But wondering where Ignis is D:

2. Jenova

Jenova ShinRa SOLDIER

People were expecting XVI at this event. It's more their fault than Square-Enix's tbh.

3. AnGer-dono

AnGer-dono ShinRa SOLDIER

This was the best announcement of the day.

Zodiac Age is based on the previously Japan-exclusive "International Zodiac Job System" version.

3/6 ain't bad.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    Jubileus likes this.
  4. Jenova

Jenova ShinRa SOLDIER

I'm very excited for The Zodiac Age. Glad it has a firm release date now. It's a shame the SQEX Store has such awful customer service or else I would pre-order.

5. Slaintimez

Slaintimez Chocobo Knight

Bothers me too, Ignis is best bro, and Luna have chance to appear only in his DLC =\

6. xXShuyaXx

xXShuyaXx Clan Centurio Member

New weapons and sort of a job system. Everyone kinda shared the same sphere grid kinda board in the original XII, but in IZJS, once you pick a grid, you are stuck in that grid which kinda makes the character using it unique.

Jubileus likes this.
  7. SonOfEtro

SonOfEtro ShinRa SOLDIER

From Nova Crystallis' Twitter report of the announcements:

The event was attended by Uematsu and Amano, with Sakaguchi appearing via video as he's got the flu. Later we see Kitase, Yoshida and Tabata, and then by the producers for Brave Exvius and Opera Omnia, and then Zodiac Age producer Hiroaki Kato, and then Dragon Quest exec producer Miyake. Hashimoto acts as a kind of compare.

There's a special logo designed by Amano.

A new Distant World concern in Japan, and planned Distant World concerts worldwide.

A concern for the Final Fantasy XV Piano collection.

Multiple Distant Worlds concerts are planned.

A Cup Noodle Collaboration, and a huge FF-themed fork.

In collaboration with Yokohama, an "Ultimate Wine(s)": Chateau Meyney with Swarovski crystal-tinted glasses. There's also Ifrit Rouge and Shiva Blanc. Also FF-themed cakes. This stuff is available for purchase from a new dedicated branch of SQEX's online store. A general FF-related sale is happening through multiple outlets including SQEX, Nintendo, Xbox, Sony and Amazon.

A Manga series, Final Fantasy Lost Strangers, is in production.

Game Announcements in-coming!

FFXV DLC Booster Pack out on February 21: it will include "Invincible" suits for the characters. Episode Gladiolus will release on March 28: Gladio will be joined by Cor Leonis in his adventure. Episode Prompto releasing in June.

Reiteration of the planned live-action series based on a player experience with XIV.

A VII-themed snow sculpture will be at the Sapporo Snow Festival. Cloud will be making an appearance in Brave Exvius on February 6. Opera Omnia will go live on February 1, with Aerith (voiced by Maaya Sakamoto) coming to the game. Sephiroth will be appearing in a Mobius Final Fantasy event. A new key visual for VII Remake is in the open; it shows the new Cloud in front of the new Midgar with the new Sephiroth in the background.

XII Zodiac Age will release on July 11 in North America and Europe, and June 13 in Japan and mainland Asia. A cool new visual by Yoshida. Balthier will be coming to WoFF as a DLC Champion.

An FF and DQ collaboration with Itadaki Street is upcoming: among the characters they showed was Noctis.

A Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary exhibition is set for next year.

-----

And... that's all there was. Frankly, both better and worse than I was expecting.

Jubileus likes this.
  8. Jenova

Jenova ShinRa SOLDIER

Well, I was right on XV, TZA, XIV and no XVI announcement. Wrong on the Switch games, Final Fantasy Collection and the VII Remake. They did share that new key visual so that sorta counts as a minor update on VII.

9. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Chocobo Knight

Hmm... I like wine. Square sure knows their fanbase.

Hey Everyone likes this.
  10. Jubileus

Perhaps they're having difficult developing Episode Ignis since it is supposedly taking place in a tumultuous Altissia after all?

All those water effects and whatnot could be causing trouble?

I do recall them having trouble developing the Leviathan fight so it could be the case with this DLC too?

11. Hey Everyone

Hey Everyone ShinRa SOLDIER

Was that it for there 30th Anniversary? if so man that was some ass booty juice.

1/10

FFXII release date and the two FFXV DLC release dates were the only good things about the entire thing, by god.

AnGer-dono likes this.
  12. xXShuyaXx

xXShuyaXx Clan Centurio Member

Did you ever consider that, it will be released, probably near early Q4 of this year, which a while away, so they cannot give us a date because they cannot be sure? There is also over saturation of announcements. Keeping Ep. Ignis and the MP expansion under wraps is the best decision right now.

13. Jubileus

That wasn't meant as a jab towards the development in any way =/

Sure, I did think of that. However I was under the impression that they were releasing the episodes in order, but clearly we can see that this is not the case now.

I think I'll clarify my stance here for future reference to prevent these incidents from happening again since it's been happening too much lately - I've always supported the dev team and think they've done a wonderful job with what they have, with the time they've been given. Any comments I make about development are hypothetical in nature and aren't meant to be "attacks" or anything remotely like that... =/

I think you're confusing me with another type of poster since I've been nothing but supportive and enthusiastic about FFXV since the very beginning.

14. Hey Everyone

TBH with how crappy the other announcements were, them announcing all the DLC release dates would have made this trash decent.

15. BladeRunner

Are there any pictures of that Ultima Weapon Fork? I want to see it.

And how much are the cheap wines?

16. Jubileus

Here you go.

Sorry it's a bit small but it's the best I could do xD

http://imgur.com/a/QPBrQ

BladeRunner likes this.
  17. Hey Everyone

[​IMG]

When I saw that at their 30th Anniversary I was just like

SonOfEtro likes this.
  18. Jubileus

Cmon, it's funny! Lol

Gotta have those quirky and goofball moments every now and again right?

19. BladeRunner

lol that's amazing

Jubileus likes this.
  20. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

Ripped Cloud is back? A bit weird, since in the trailer he was thin as fuck.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!