Final Fantasy Explorers (3DS, Action RPG) Announced

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Sep 26, 2013
Final Fantasy Explorers - more details (from this weeks Famitsu)
The following details are translated by Nintendo Everything...

- 20 jobs in the game, including Geomancer
- Geomancer uses the surrounding ground to attack enemies and features moves like Earthquake and Sinkhole
- If an enemy falls into a sinkhole, that creature will be hit with the Stop status effect
- Doryuasu original summon in the game
- Attacks with tentacles and powerful magic spells such as Earthquake
- Poison mist emits from its body into surroundings and as such can cause poison, paralysis, and darkness status effects
- Players can craft familiar weapons like Morning Star, Holy Lance, and Kikuichimonji
- Slayed monsters may drop Soul Stones
- These can be turned into living monsters which act as party members in single-player or in multiplayer if there are fewer human players
- Transform into characters like Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII, Squall Leonhart from Final Fantasy VIII, and Terra Branford from Final Fantasy VI with the Legend Characters transformation system
- The background music changes during transformation
- Confirmed tracks include Don't be Afraid and Blinded by Light

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
Pardon my ignorance if this has already been stated. Has this game been announced for the overseas crowd yet? I've watched some videos and find myself slightly intrigued.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Always interested but will be more interested once it gets confirmed for the West. Which will be quite some time away. Appreciate the updates.

I am actually interested in this game, but I think like most other stories and smaller titles, this fell victim to FFXV opening up the floodgates this past week. And to me, this is one of those games where there isn't much to talk about until you lay hands on it.

Regrettably, I sold my 3DS a short while back, because I needed some money to go towards a new laptop, so acquiring another model, likely the *New* 3DS is first and foremost on my mind before I fully contemplate on picking this one up.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
God damn, I just realised chibi Lightning has some womanly thighs at last! Shame her XIII model isn't as meaty.

buddhafied

Sphere Hunter
Sep 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
I'm so busy with XIV right now but I still really want to get/play this. The "legacy characters" details has released. Some people are questioning the mission of Zidane (or anyone from IX), I'm more upset the lack of Vivi!

Capture.JPG

MogCola

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Jan 21, 2016
Dallas, TX
onionkid1428.tumblr.com
Square mentioned they would like FF: Explorers to turn into a series of games, so with that in mind maybe Zidane will make it into the next game or DLC for this one?

BTW, I know Famitsu reviewed the game already, but are there anymore reviews available? I'm pretty interested in picking this up but not sure if it's a real winner.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Square mentioned they would like FF: Explorers to turn into a series of games, so with that in mind maybe Zidane will make it into the next game or DLC for this one?

BTW, I know Famitsu reviewed the game already, but are there anymore reviews available? I'm pretty interested in picking this up but not sure if it's a real winner.
I wonder why Zidane isn't there.

Flash Over

Chocobo Knight
Mar 7, 2015
NL, Canada

Most reviewers are saying that it loses its charm after a few hours, and is only really good if you're a diehard fan that has to have it.

Jun 7, 2014
Poland

I think the general consensus is that it's a poor man's Monster Hunter with FF skin.